Enjoy Your Food

Love Alone On Rainy Days

“Wake up,” Ki Kwang was already in his shirt and jeans, “Yah, mad woman. Stop sleeping and wake up!”

 

Min was still snuggling into the pillow she was hugging and groaned as Ki Kwang was screaming into her ear. Ki Kwang folded his arms and yelled again, “Don’t force me into doing this.”

 

Ki Kwang grabbed a vase and took out the flowers in it to only pour the water onto Min’s face. Min was startled by the water. “Oh my freaking…” She choked onto the water and wiped her face in anger, “What was that all about?!”

 

“You’re not very y when you just woke up from bed,” Ki Kwang commented and shook his head in disappointment.

 

Min covered her face with the blanket.

 

“Get out of my bed and start washing up. I’ll prepare breakfast. I’m giving you 5 minutes.” Ki Kwang ordered as he walked down the stairs to prepare breakfast.

 

“Who does he think he is? Trying to order me around like this…” Min got out of the bed and into the bathroom to get herself ready.

 

Breakfast table was ready when Min came down. They ate their breakfast silently. Ki Kwang would occasionally look up at Min to see whether she was still hurting from her recent break up. After all, this trip with Min was to cheer her up but he didn’t know how to go about doing it. He was worrying over their day together because he didn’t want to upset her further. However, sometimes Ki Kwang couldn’t help but bicker with her. It was their way of communication.

 

“So what are we going to do today?” Min asked, interrupting Ki Kwang’s thoughts.

 

“Huh? Oh,” Ki Kwang said, “Paintball.”

 

“Paintball? Are you for real?” Min asked, “I never tried that before.”

 

“It’s about time.”

 

Ki Kwang cleared the plates and they both headed out. The field was only a distance away from Ki Kwang’s place so they reached in no time. Ki Kwang was a regular so he helped Min to put on the uniform and he put on his. They went onto the field with many trees and hiding places.

 

Min stepped back a little as she held the gun firmly in her hands. Ki Kwang scrutinised her movements and smirked, “Oh no, don’t tell me you’re scared?”

 

“Scared? Oh please. Who am I? I, Lee Min Young, scared of Paintball?” Min said proudly.

 

“Okay then, I was going to go easy but looks like there’s no need to,” Ki Kwang said loudly, “Remember just take me for the person you really, really, really hate. Shoot whenever you get the chance and don’t let the target off!”

 

Min thought of Hong Ki immediately. She stopped trembling and became more determined. She nodded profusely and both of them got into their places. The paintball started.

 

Ki Kwang began walking, tracing for Min’s presence while Min just kept hiding behind the trees, watching out for Ki Kwang. Ki Kwang shouted, “Yah, don’t be a coward, Lee Min Young!”

 

“Who are you to call my full name, you jerk!” Min went out and yelled.

 

“Ouch!” Min got shot by Ki Kwang in the leg and she hid back in the trees.

 

“Gotcha!”

 

Min was more determined now. She quickly ran from one tree to another, just enough time to spot Ki Kwang’s position. Ki Kwang was confused by her rapid speed and Min took the chance and shot him in the leg and arm. “Yes!” She mouthed and jumped.

 

The paintball session went on for awhile and in the end, they counted the number of times they were being shot. “Yes! I won! I won! I won!” Min jumped up and down and started smacking Ki Kwang’s chest.

 

“Ouch! Okay!” Ki Kwang cried, “Are you sure you never played this before? You’re so good at it!”

 

“I’m a natural.”

 

“Whatever.”

 

After that, Ki Kwang brought her to a mini theme park. It was old but the rides were still functioning well and the stalls were still opened. There were very little people; just consisting of small families gathering together and couple elderly. There were definitely no fan girls around to bother them. Ki Kwang wore his shades and grabbed her arm to the entrance of a ride. Min saw what was coming for her and she removed Ki Kwang’s hand. Ki Kwang was shocked by her action and tilted his head.

 

“I… Roller Coaster… No!” Min slurred her words.

 

“You’re scared?”

 

“Not exactly but…”

 

“Then, good! Let’s go,” Ki Kwang grabbed her hand again.

 

“I said NOOOOOO!!!” Min removed his hand again.

 

“You’re forcing me to do this,” Ki Kwang said his piece and her legs were off the ground swiftly; he carried her towards the roller coaster and placed her feet down. He immediately secured her with the safety belt, not allowing her to leave.

 

“Sitting a rollercoaster is exhilarating; it makes you forget all your worries! Just scream out loud!” Ki Kwang shouted as the roller coaster sped up and went down the tracks.

 

“NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!” Min screamed at the top of her lungs while grabbing onto Ki Kwang’s arm and leaning on his shoulder, not able to open her eyes.

 

“WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, THIS IS FUN!” Ki Kwang yelled while laughing.

 

They got down the rollercoaster and Min couldn’t balance herself well. Her face was slightly pale and she walked towards the exit. Ki Kwang just kept following her at the back and chuckled to himself. “I’m like this because of you! Why are you laughing?!” Min yelled.

 

“I assume you are fine since you’re bickering with me!” Ki Kwang responded with a smirk.

 

They went to a dessert stall and bought ice creams for themselves. Min her ice cream happily and eagerly. She loved ice cream. “Wah, ice cream. I think I’m going to go for a second helping,” Min said to herself.

 

Ki Kwang snorted and asked her, “Don’t you worry you’ll get fat?”

 

“Fat?”

 

Ki Kwang stuttered, “You know, female idol groups… they do dieting and eat tomatoes and chicken s all day…”

 

Min smirked and said, “Well, that’s THEIR sad life. Miss A doesn’t do such diets. We eat all the time. Proper meals with rice and meat, snacks and supper.”

 

Ki Kwang just stared in awe, “Whoa.”

 

“Why should we starve ourselves? The dance practices and gym sessions are enough to burn our calories. The food is like our prize for working hard.” Min explained further.

 

He nodded in agreement.

 

“But…”

 

“But?”

 

“Hong Ki… said I should lose weight. So I did… eat lesser. I felt disgusted,” Min said with her eyes on the ice cream.

 

Ki Kwang saw her expression changed and went over to the stall, “One hot fudge sundae please.”

 

Min was baffled and she stared at Ki Kwang. Ki Kwang came back with the sundae and placed it in the middle of the table. “Didn’t you say you’re hungry? Eat it. Eat it as much as you want.” Ki Kwang ordered Min.

 

Min just kept biting onto her spoon and looked at the sundae. Ki Kwang ignored her and started eating the sundae. “If you’re not digging in, the sundae will be gone within minutes,” Ki Kwang commented.

 

 “Don’t all guys like skinny girls?” Min rolled her eyes and looked down.

 

Ki Kwang shrugged and said, “That's stupid. Why should a guy restrict a girl's diet? If he makes the girl's body as a priority in the first place, he's most likely to be shallow. I like my girl to eat and be happy rather to starve and be unhappy.”

 

Min just tilted her head.

 

“For those women who go on a diet to lose some fat, honestly, boys like girls who have average bodies and aren’t VERY skinny. Did you know that? If I see someone really skinny, I get anxious and want to feed her! Is it because I like food a lot? But I would rather like someone who enjoys food a lot than a person who doesn’t eat much. Eat three constant meals a day and exercise a lot to make a healthy body, which is best to see. A woman shouldn’t starve herself or even change herself because of a man. So from now on, be healthy! Promise!” Ki Kwang said.

(Author’s Note: The whole passage above is said by ONEW from SHINEE himself. Sorry for using his words but they’re really inspiring so I put it in my story. I love you, ONEW. :P)

 

Min just gawked at Ki Kwang, focusing on his words clearly. That was her first time hearing Ki Kwang spoke with so much encouragement and authority at the same time. His words were very true and touching. She didn’t know how to react to it. She smiled with mild tears in her eyes and took the spoon out of and started digging the sundae.

 

“Wah, it’s AWESOME!!!!” Min exclaimed.

 

She began to take bigger mouthfuls of the sundae and Ki Kwang just chuckled at her child-like actions. Ki Kwang fed her with one mouth and Min accepted it with gratitude.

 

Min became serious and said, “Ki Kwang-sshi…”

 

“Mhm?”

 

“Thank you.”

 

Ki Kwang took another bite in embarrassment. It was her first time using his name with such sincerity. His heart was pounding really fast.