Chapter 2

The Girl Who Walked on Water (물 위를 걸었다는 소녀)

 

 

Chapter Two:

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Have you ever been in love?”

 

“No Key, for the last time. NO, and quit bothering me with your ‘love’ nonsense. I’ve got better things do.” I replied shoving Kibum’s off my table.

 

 “Tsk. You are such a kill joy Ambs.” Kibum said as he shook his head in disagreement while flipping his bangs that has fallen over his face to the side dramatically.

 

I just rolled my eyes at his actions.

 

‘Love?’  

 

It never transpired to me before. I guess I was busy trying to keep myself ‘in line’ and ‘hanging in there’ that I fail to realize that falling is also an option.

 

In fact, the word felt almost foreign to me. Come to think of it, Key has always been asking and telling me about love this love that, that everything else pertaining to love was just…cliché.

 

I'm starting to think I'll probably never have a girlfriend, which would be okay too.

 

On those few occasions when a girl has actually flirted with me –tipped her head sideways and laughed at some stupid remark, all it did was make me angry. It seemed like she was playing a game with idiotic rules. First you laugh, then you tell a pretty lie, then you stick your tongue in each other's mouths, then you say something really mean and hurtful to each other, then you go off to find somebody else who wants to play the game.

 

This is an activity for intelligent people? Nope.

 

“Hey Ambs, are you finish killing someone in your head?” Key said mockingly with that smirk on his face. I guess I was too carried away again with my thoughts that I didn’t realize the bell rung already.

 

 “Let’s go get lunch dude, I’m starving!” He continued motioning to the door.

 

that's when I saw her again.

 

She was smiling as always as she made her way out of the room with the smart- shorty, Luna Park. I guess they’re friends now.

 

 

---------------

 

 

“Hey get me a banana while you’re at it.” Key hollered at me as he finds us a table, while I tried to get past the line to buy drinks and a banana.

 

The cafeteria was packed with usual faces, there are only few that I haven’t familiarized. This was my usual thing –doing my own survey on the school population, observing and stuff.  

 

‘Minho has another girl—’

 

Ouch!

 

And like that my $10 was wasted on nothing; I huffed as I frowningly looked at the drinks and food that was spilled on the floor.

 

“Sorry…” I heard the perpetrator say…

 

I looked to side and found her frowning.

 

 

Krystal Jung.

 

She was swatted on the floor with one hand sporting her back while the other was still holding onto the now empty tray. Her blouse has tiny bits of food and juice on it, while her skirt was wet underneath.

 

For the first time that smile of hers left her face and it was replaced by a frown, i didn't know what came over me that i couldn't get my eyes off of the girl who usually annoys me with her over the top optimism. While our staring battle wages I get to have a good look on Krystal’s features, while I felt her doing the same to me.

 

Her heart shape face was flawless i noticed she also has a tiny mole in her right cheek that seemed unnoticeable far off. Her skin was a little bit paler than it should be, like she was sick or something—or was it just the lighting? Her lips formed a frown a while ago was now turned into a straight line, it was as if she was holding back words that might threaten to come out. Lastly her dark brown eyes. It was the most captivating feature of her entire face. It was as if her eyes were speaking, and it spoke of something I wasn’t familiar with, it held innocence that wasn't like the majority and it blatantly showed her emotions… her vulnerability.

 

The way she stared at me was making me…

 

“Amber!”

 

I looked to where Key was and noticed whole cafeteria was looking at us. Then I looked back at Krystal Jung and saw that she was hanging her head down. I guess she noticed that everyone was staring at us. I contemplated for a second if whether I should help her or not –it was partly my fault too anyway, but seeing as thought people started to gossip around I did the latter.

 

 

“Sorry.” I muttered as I walked away to where Kibum was sitting.

 

My friend raised his brow at me and shook his head in disappointment.

 

“that was cold dude.” He said.

 

I just furrowed my brows and looked back at Krystal Jung and saw Sulli Choi, the cheerful tall girl help her to get up. For a brief moment i saw Krystal looked at me, sadness was evident in her sharp eyes.

 

I looked away.

 

At first i was thinking: good riddance – And then i realized she never really understood me anyway. Which rapidly changed to: I never understood her at all. As I watched her walk away with Sulli there was this urge to ran after them and help her, but something was keeping me glued to my place and all i could do was watch her small back disappear through the doubled doors of SMA.

 

 

 

If there was one thing i discovered about Krystal today, it was that the girl spoke through her eyes... and that she wasn't always happy.

 

 

 

That was probably one of the worst things I had done to you, if only I had stayed then I would have spared myself from hurting you and you wouldn’t have that frown on your face or the sadness in your eyes.

 

Until now I’ve never really moved on for leaving you at that moment.

 

I guess this is fate’s karma to me, because now you get to leave me. The only difference is you won’t be coming back to me anymore.

 

 

 

 

Heya guys! Long time~! 

saree to keep you waiting... we had exams last week and this week we had our foundation thing.

it's me again i hope you guys are still interested.

comment the story you want me to update and of course you thoughts on the story

coz that will be the next one i'll be updating keke~

'til next time~ <3