Chapter 1

The Girl Who Walked on Water (물 위를 걸었다는 소녀)

 

 

 

 

Chapter One:

 

 

 

 

 

 

She wasn’t like everyone else. She was peculiar in all of its sense, with that smile of hers that never left her face. She reasons contrarily to what the world says and thinks quite differently…far too different for me.

 

 

 

 

 

She is Krystal Jung Soojung.

 

 

 

But that was the best thing about her…

 

 

 

 

 

 

She was different.

 

She sees the world differently—she sees its wonders and beauty beyond all the filth, discrimination and unfairness it holds. She was the girl who wanted to experience normality, what it means to simply live a normal teenage life while praying for a miracle to happen in her life.

 

But what she didn’t know was that she was the miracle everybody wasn’t expecting.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She was the girl who walked on water.

 

 

 

 

 

I am Amber J Liu and this is not my story..

 

 

 

 

6 months ago…

 

 

The new girl showed up weirdly in the middle of the in school year, but the most peculiar thing about her wasn’t the fact that she enrolled right in the middle of the semester, nor was the fact that the administration let her be enrolled, but the fact that she dyed her hair to vibrant red.

 

Red!

 

 

 

 

 

Of all colors…

 

 

 

 

 

 

I hated red the most.

 

She was a pain in my eyes and ears the moment she came in the room with her bright smile…too bright, while she introduce herself with a sweet voice that sound too sickening for me.

 

“Aneyong! I’m Krystal Jung Soojung! I used to be home-schooled until now. I hope we can be great friends!” Everybody went silent as I heard her talk.

 

I divert my line of sight to anything other than her. Hearing and seeing her was just too much for me right now.

 

“I know my hair is red! Weird~” She continued in a joking manner that had everyone laughing.

 

I just furrowed my brows.

 

 

 

Corny.

 

Our professor made her take any sit she wanted, which I thought was bias of him but whatever. She chose the one near the window in the last row close to where I was sitting.

 

Ugh.

 

On the other hand, Luna, the know-it-all smart- that she is, stood up and did an impromptu welcome speech to the late enrolee in her own twisted flowery language way that got everybody impressed at her verbal command of the native tongue.

 

 

“Huge- show off.” My friend, Kibum whispered to me. I just smirked.

 

True.

 

No matter how Luna hides it, it was obvious that she was just showing-off to the new girl who the top of the class was by the way she did she “speech”. If I were her she should have been straight to the point and simply say ‘hey new , I’m Luna and I’m the number one most intelligent student in this class. So if you’re thinking of being top one, then you have to get pass through me. So off!’ –that would have been more entertaining and challenging.

 

As Luna finished her egotistic speech andthe professor started homeroom session I couldn’t help but look at the new girl, she was just sitting contentedly in her seat and she was smiling at no one in particular.

 

What the heck is she smiling for?

 

I knew for the fact that this new girl got Luna’s ‘ off’ message, because I was given the same thing when I transferred here last year and I heard from a few others she did the same thing to them too! That escalated my mood down, but her…this Krystal Jung Soojung…she is just smiling, like she doesn’t have a care in this world, well, either that or she is just a very good actress.

 

Again I furrowed my brows. I couldn’t quite read her personality out and it was bothering me because I am a certified PR…personality reader. I could tell what kind of character a person has by just watching and observing them. But this new girl…

 

“Pssssst AJ!”

 

“What?” I turned toKibum who had this weird smile on his weird face.

 

“Yalikin’whatcha seeing?” He said in a hush while wiggling his thin eyebrows up and down as he was signalling to where the new girl was sitting.

 

“No.” I simply answered and focus on what the professor was explaining.

 

And the day went about boringly like any other day... or so i thought it would be...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*i know it's lame update, but it'll get better...sooooon.

hmmm i'll be updating Dreamscapes tomorrow hoppefully the professors won't give us too much *