Am I the problem?

I only love you

                                  


 

Months were passing by and I could feel that Baekhyun wasn’t the same anymore. His actions were weird, he spent more time outside than with us. When I asked him about it, he just laughed and said that it was nothing. He was just meeting his old friends. Still, for me, his answer was lacking. The members didn’t seem to notice. Was I the only one who felt this way? Is it really nothing? Am I imagining things again?

“Suho hyung!”

“Yes, Chanyeol.”

“Don’t you think that Baekhyun is kind of acting weird these past few months?”

“Why are you saying that?”

“Baek hyung doesn’t spend his WHOLE time with him, that’s what he meant.” Added Sehun.

That guy is the most evil thing I have ever seen. He’s the real Satan. Fans think that he is nice and cute. A flower boy maknae. They still don’t know that behind that angelic face, a demon is hiding. Even Luhan hyung is being tricked by that awful creature. No escape, he is trapped. I complain him though.

At that moment Baekhyun entered the kitchen humming a song, all happy. He went and hugged Suho.

“Can’t you see me, I’m here too. Your bestfriend.” I thought.

“How was it?” asked our leader.

“I had a lot of fun and was careful as always.”

Suho patted his head while smiling. It was my turn to ask:

“Where did you go?”

“Ah! Chanyeol! I went to hang out with some high school friends.”

“Ah! Chanyeol! Ah! Chanyeol!”? Did you only notice me now? Friends? Again? I don’t believe you.

“It’s ready! Chanyeol, go call the others.”

“Ok, Suho hyung.”

Did Suho know something? I don’t think so. He wouldn’t have acted so clueless when I asked him about Baek, his acting skills aren’t that great either. What are you hiding Byun Baekhyun? Does anyone know your secret?

As always we ate while chatting and laughing. Luhan hyung and Minseok hyung were in intense concentration while watching the football match on TV. They didn’t notice Tao who was stealing food from their plates.

“Chanyeol why aren’t you eating?”asked a worried Kyungsoo.

“Euh..what?”

“Is it bad?”

“No no, not at all. I’m just not really hungry. I really think I’m full. It was really tasty!” I said while rising my thumb up.

“Oh, okay. Glad you like..”

BANG!

“OUCH”

“How dare you steal my food Huang Zitao?”

“Yifan-gege, help me!” Called out Tao.

No answer.

We have just noticed that he wasn’t here with us.

“Where is Yifan?” asked Minseok, softening.

Silence. None of us knew.

“Hey, aren’t you the closest to him Tao?”

“Luhan-ge, Yifan is skipping a meal and he didn’t say anything about it to us. It must be serious. Do you really think that he would talk about this to Tao?” said Chen.

“Ya!”

“Don’t ‘Ya’ me, Zitao. Yixing-ge, he didn’t say anything to you either? How about you Yeol? You two are pretty close.”

I didn’t know. I was too busy with Baekhyun.

I guess that my silence answered their question.

I have to say that I felt a little bit of guilt. Everyone was waiting for me to answer and I couldn’t. I didn’t spend much time with him these past months but we used to play around together from time to time. He wasn’t his self anymore but I thought that it was because of our late practicing for our comeback. But he just skipped a meal with us. I shouldn’t make this into a big deal because a lot of members used to do so but it’s Yifan hyung we are talking about. We both never skipped. It felt weird.

Two hours later, I heard the front door open.

“Yifan-gege!” Tao hugged his roommate so tight that it felt like he couldn’t breathe.

“Where were you? Minseok-gege hurt me when you weren’t here and no one was siding with me!”

“Tao-ya, I’m kind of tired right now. Let’s take a nap, shall we?”

The younger nodded and they both vanished into their room.

Kris hasn’t said anything to any other member. He didn’t even look at me once. Was he okay? He really looked worn out.

Blaming it on our long practices, I went back to my shared room and met with a busy Baekhyun talking on the phone, looking rather cheerful. When I closed the door, he was already locked in the bathroom.

What the heck was happening? Since when did he have these kinds of habits?

I decided to sleep to chase away these negative thoughts I was having.

Baekhyun is free to do whatever he wants, right? He could hide anything he wanted to, right?

But we promised not to.

 

 

One week passed and it was finally the day for our comeback. Today, what our fan call “Overdose Era” would start. I couldn’t be any happier. Baekhyun looked so handsome with his dark hair and heavy eyeliner. In my opinion, I was okay too with my red hair color. Only ten minutes and we would be on stage, so I decided to video call Kris since everyone was busy and Baekhyun was nowhere to be found.

“EYOOO~ WHASSSUP KREAAAAAAASE”

“Chanyeol, please stop, I’m not repeating it. I humiliated myself enough to do that once again.”

“Hyung, you’re no fun, you know.”

“Well, I’m trying to keep my cool attitude.”

“Are you guys getting ready?”

“I’m actually waiting for my turn to fix my hair.”

“Oh, I see.”

“Yours looks nice Yeol.”

“Thanks hyung.”

“Good luck on your performance.”

“You too hyung. Are you going to see your mom? Is she coming to China?”

“I called her and we will surely meet before we go back to Korea.”

“That’s nice, say that I said hi~”

“You’re gross Yeol. I will. Thanks.”

“Be lucky that you got to meet someone like me and that I’m one of your closest friends in the band.” I pouted.

“Were you always that cute? I’m going to miss you.”

“What do you mean hyung?” I frowned.

“Euh…You know, our promotions will surely take a while here in China.” He said while caressing the back of his neck.

“Cheesy. Stop missing me and go visit your mom or something. We really have to catch up when you’re going back. I’m going to go know. It’s our turn in less than five minutes.”

“Okay. Fighting.”

“Yes, fighting.”

I ended the call after we waved goodbye and I once again felt weird. Maybe because it’s been a long time? I missed this kind of conversation with Kris hyung. He was one of the few hyungs who took care of me instead of telling me to shut up. Sad reality.

It seriously felt like we were close but weren’t. He was here but we didn’t talk, we didn’t play.

Before heading to China, he was kind of cold with me. I knew that he was hiding something but I was too busy with Baekhyun that it slipped my mind. In the end, I didn’t ask him about it. But I surely will when he’ll comeback.

One thing was making me worried and angry with myself. Why were they all hiding things from me. Wasn’t I their friends? Why are the two persons that I care more about act so mysterious around me? I’m blaming them for being such horrible friends but deep inside, I feel so insecure. Is something wrong with me? Not only Baekhyun but Kris too? Am I the problem?

 

 

A few days later, I woke up to the most shocking news:

“EXO’s Kris seeking to nullify his contract with SM Entertainement”.


Sorry guys for being late. I  still haven't finished my exams but i only have around one week left so please be a little more patient~