We promised to not hide anything.

I only love you

 


 

The 15th of December 2013.

 

How could my morning get any better? It’s really nice to be the witness of an early nagging between the leader and the baby panda.

 “Guys, hurry up. We have to go early for the performance. Fans must be waiting for us.”

“Suho hyung! Why should we go? Only four members sing and Lay hyung plays the piano.”

“Tao, we have to show our support.”

“But I’m so tired.”

I was relaxing on the sofa, waiting for the others to get ready while watching TV. Today, our four lead vocals had to perform Miracles in December. We didn’t have anything scheduled, so Suho wanted us to go support them. As expected from our dear leader. Sehun who was sitting next to me, was about to get up and talk to Tao when Kris interfered. He sat back when he saw the glare the latter was giving him.

“Tao, follow me, NOW.”

The panda did as ordered. Head hanging down, he followed Kris into his room.

“This guy really doesn’t listen to anyone apart Kris.”

“You’re right Suho hyung. He looks like a puppy, right Chanyeol?”

Puppy? The only person I saw as a cute innocent puppy was Baekhyun. Always making weird noses when he sleeps and eating clumsily.

I was too absorbed in my thoughts that I didn’t notice Suho who was lecturing our maknae because he didn’t talk formally to me.

“Chanyeol! I need you.”

“I’m coming Baek.”

I was heading to our shared room when I heard Sehun whispering to Suho:

“He is like a puppy too.”

Baekhyun was busy with his hair. When he spotted me, he stopped and gave me one of his brightest smiles and gestured me to come closer.

“Good morning!”

“Good morning.”

“Oh, Chanyeol, I wonder how your voice can be so husky in the morning. It’s really attractive!”

The only thing that I found attractive was his wet hair. The drops were falling along his temples. I thought that I was lucky to have the opportunity to see Baekhyun in different lights. To be able to see his iest and cutest moments, even his most vulnerable ones. He didn’t need to put a mask with me. From the first day we shared a room, we knew that we could lie on each other shoulders.

“Oooooh, Ooooooh! Chanyeol! My hair please. Could you dry it for me?”

I only nodded and fulfilled his request right away. Maybe Sehun was right, I’m the one who should be called a puppy here.

Wherever Baekhyun was going, I followed him.

Whatever Baekhyun wanted, I did my best to fulfill it.

Whenever Baekhyun needed me, he only had to turn his head to find me behind him.

“Chanyeol.” His voice was softer than earlier.

I only hummed, too focused on taking care of his hair.

“You look dreamy today. Is something wrong?”

I lifted my eyes in shock. I could see his worried face on the mirror, biting on his bottom lip. Can someone be this cute?

“I’m okay Baek. I was just thinking.”

“About what?”

I stopped drying his hair and turned his chair to face him while his eyes were forming circles.

“About us.”

“What is there to think about?”

“We’ve been friends for a long long time right?

He only nodded feeling a little anxious because we were having a serious talk.

“We are bestfriends right?”

“Bestfriends are supposed to tell each other everything, no hidden secrets. I just hope that we could go on like that. I don’t want you to hide anything from me.”

He started laughing.

“Seriously? A serious talk from you at 6 am is odd.”

“I’m serious Baek. That’s what I’m feeling right now.”

“Okay, okay, what can I do to make you at ease?”

“Promise me.”

“What?”

“That you will never hide anything from me.”

He smiled while patting my shoulder.

“I promise.”

“Pinky promise?”

“You’re such a child Chanyeol. Here.”

I thought back then, that because of that pinky promise, I would never be hurt.

“Guys! Our manager is waiting for us. Hurry up!”

“We’re coming now!”

He then searched for his hat and took my hand.

“Chanyeol, let’s go.”

When we went out, we saw Sehun giving dirty looks to Tao and Kris.

“I don’t know what you did there for him to be so obedient.”

“That’s none of your business.” Answered Kris lazily He walked away while holding Tao’s hand, turned back and added:

“It’s not my fault if Luhan doesn’t pay attention to you anymore.”

Kris was really pissed off. He never really cared about Sehun’s jokes. Especially when it was related to him. But in this case, Tao was involved too. This guy was the reason why Kris lost all of his coolness.  Zitao was really precious to the latter. I can understand him. Baekhyun is as precious to me too.

“I’m Wu Yi Fan’s fan!”

“Chen! Can’t you see that Sehun is hurt?”

“Suho hyung! I only have you!”

While the two hugged, Lay entered the living room.

“I made breakfast for everyone! You have five minutes to eat it.”

“You know what? I made it for everyone minus Junmyeon and Sehun.” He added while walking angrily in the kitchen.

Lay was the only one to call Suho by his real name. We all found Suho easier to say and cooler. But this 4D person, refused to use it. Maybe he felt closer to him like that? We can’t really know what Lay thinks, he always hides his feelings. He doesn’t want to us to worry about him. He is that kind of hyung.

 But now, we all could clearly see that he was angry. Even Sehun got off Junmyeon’s embrace. We all understood why, but Suho as confused as ever didn’t and started frowning. What a clueless leader.

 

 

After our quick breakfast, we all went to our vans. Baekhyun sat next to me while grabbing my hand.

“Chanyeol.”

“Hmm..”

“This time, I don’t know why, I feel kind of nervous… Like really nervous.”

I hugged him closer, patted his head and spoke.

“Why would you feel anxious? I’m here.”

I was proud of myself.

I’m so romantic.

 “Chanyeol?”

“Yes?” I gave my most genuine smile that faded away quite quickly.

“That doesn’t really help me get better.”

Ouch!

“Think of something Chanyeol, you have to help him.” I spoke to myself.

“What did you say?”

I took a deep breath.

“I said that your voice was the most angelic one. When you sing, you have the ability to convey the emotions to the public. Your fans feel your honesty. So you have nothing to worry about.”

“Thank you Yeol, I’m more confident now.” He smiled again.

I could do everything to see you smile at me like that.

 

 

Two hours after, it was our members turn. I slipped out of the changing room and found a right spot to watch the performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_pDMcHoeYE

 Lay started playing. They were all wearing white. Looking so elegant. But Baekhyun resembled an angel. Yes, he was my angel. He looked so innocent with his light brown hair that covered his forehead.

When he started singing:

I see things that I couldn’t see before
I hear things that I couldn’t hear before

He closed his eyes while lifting his hand slowly up. I wished to feel that gifted God hand lie on my cheek.

If I just think of you, I can fill this world with you

Oh! He didn’t close his eyes while he was humming.

Because each snowdrop is one tear drop that belongs to you
 Can I cry? Baekhyun you are amazing!

Your love can still move me like this

Feelings. Feelings. Feelings. I only wanted to hug him. Those closed eyes making him look so vulnerable.

I could feel my heart beating with every word, every gesture, and every breath Baekhyun was taking. And then, that part had to come:

The me who didn’t know how to be thankful for love

A tear escaped but I made sure to quickly brush it before anyone sees it.

Then, they had to make them stand up on that rolling thing. I was so pissed off that I couldn’t see Baekhyun clearly anymore!

Chen, would you please move? I support your trolling every day, now I need to see Baek! Why is this thing going so slowly?

My puppy’s voice was the best! Don’t get me wrong, I really like all of their voices, but Baek’s has something that others don’t. Chen can go higher, D.O’s voice can go deeper and Luhan’s voice is softer. Still, I find Baek’s voice perfect. The emotions, the tone, everything.

Baekhyun is an angel.

 

 

When I got back, I wasn’t shocked to notice Tao crying while Kris was doing his duty as leader and bestfriend, which means hugging him and patting him. The performance really was great. And I’m sure that they could do better!

When the five stars entered the room, everybody cheered and clapped. Baekhyun ran to me while giggling, happy to have won first place:

“How was I?”

“You were okay.”

“What? Okay?”

I regretted what I’ve said automatically when he ran in Sehun’s embrace.

“Sehun-ah! Chanyeol is saying that I didn’t perform well!”

“When did I-“

“Chanyeol did?” He laughed out loud winning all of our members’ stares.

“How can that be possible? He stayed next to the stage during all the performance and even cried!”

“When did I?”

“It was Baekhyun hyung’s part!”

“Chanyeol, really?”

Baekhyun let go of Sehun and came running to me with hopeful eyes.

I only nodded and patted his hair while he was smiling like there was no tomorrow. I then remembered something.

“Wait, Sehun, why were you there? Who were you watching? Don’t tell me that you were keeping an eye on all the members, I will never believe that!”

HAHAHAHAHA. Now I see that you are quite embarrassed you evil maknae. Everyone is waiting for your answer.

I felt someone punching me on the chest.

“Chanyeol, why are you saying this in front of everyone? You know as well as me that he was stealing some glances at Luhan hyung!”

“Baekhyun, you maybe wanted to help me, but as you can see, that didn’t work well.”

“Oops!”

Everyone started laughing except from Sehun who was ashamed and Luhan whose cheeks’ color turned red.

Isn’t my puppy the cutest? I think that we complete each other.

 

 

The moon quickly chased away the sun, so we ate dinner and went to bed.

A question was hunting me since the events that happened in the waiting room. So when the lights where off, I called his name.

“What is it? Do you want me to turn the light on?”

“No, I just wanted to ask you a question.”

“Go on Channie”

That nickname. I didn’t like other members calling me that, but everything that got out of Baekhyun’s mouth was adorable.

“When I wanted to trap Sehun, you didn’t want me to continue, because you didn’t want him to get embarrassed. But why was it okay for me?”

I felt Baekhyun sit on his bed, surely legs crossed, like he always likes to sit when there’s a serious conversation between us. That somewhat made me scared, so I took a deep breath when I heard the sound of his first syllable.

“You’re right. I felt that it was okay with you. Why? Because it isn’t a bad thing if you got embarrassed in front of me or because of me. We are bestfriends. We are supposed to know everything about each other. Even the most embarrassing moments. How many times did you laugh at me? How many times did I call you silly? I don’t think that our relationship needs this kind of brake. We just have to be ourselves with each other and act like no one is around while having fun. We are lucky to have that kind of relationship. And did you forget? We promised to not hide anything.”

“We promised to not hide anything.”

“We promised to not hide anything.”

“We promised to not hide anything.”

That sentence kept repeating in my mind. I could only hear Baekhyun’s voice and his cute noses while sleeping. It was my time to join him.

“We promised to not hide anything."

 


A.N: This was my first chapter; I hope that you enjoyed reading it. Anyway, thank you for subscribing and I will do my best next time!