Broken

Broken

Another day had rolled up, another day filled with misery, another god damn day without her. Minseok sat up in his bed, let out a sigh and ruffled his hair. He glanced to his right, where she would always be, sleeping peacefully, occasionally muttering in her sleep.

 

Trying not to linger for too long, he left the bedroom and went to the bathroom. Pictures hung on the wall, of her and how his life used to be. He stopped for a moment and looked at them. Remembering everything they did together. It was fun, they had a blast together, it seemed perfect. But nothing perfect ever lasts forever.

 

The man went into the bathroom to clean up, then headed to the kitchen, normally there would be a note on the table from the girl, she would be going somewhere and leave breakfast out for him.

 

But that wasn't the case, not any more at least. He quickly ate breakfast and left his house, on his way to the car it started to snow slightly. He looked up and smiled, she loved the snow.

 

He got into his car and made his way down town to the florist. It had been a while since he last visited her. He got the usual, a bouquet of white and red roses. The lady selling the flowers always attempted to flirt with him, but of course he paid no mind to her silly antics. He took the roses and left, driving for a couple of more minutes until he reached his destination.

 

He sat in the car for a few minutes, from the way his heart was thumping in his chest, he was positive it would burst out of his rib cage at any moment. The thought of seeing her, only further broke him. How long had it been? A month? Two? He been so busy with his business that he didn't have time to visit her.

 

He sighed, how long had it been since she left him? He opened the glove department and took out a picture, it was him and the same girl. It was the last picture they took together. He kissed it gently and put it back, there was no point in stalling any longer, she was waiting.

 

He saw her in the distance and smiled, walking up to her with the bouquet held tightly to his chest.

 

“It's been a while, hasn't it? Sorry I haven't visited you for a while.” He said, but she didn't respond. “I brought you these, I know how you like roses.” He chuckled a little “I have good news, Lay is going to be a dad.” He smiled widely and scratched the back of his neck, yet there was still no reply.

 

He sighed, and his expression turned painful “I miss you, y'know... I never stopped thinking about you, I never forgot you.” He glanced at his watch “Sorry, I have to go now, I'll see you next time, okay?” He bent down and placed the flowers onto the grave in front of him, and gently kissed the top of it.

 

 

“Good night, my love.”