Race Start

Running To Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few days passed before the Running Man cast were back together filming.  Kwang-soo woke up that morning and stared at the ceiling.  After a few moments, he sat up and reached for his phone.   He wiped his eyes before unlocking his phone, it illuminating the dark room.  It was 4:30 in the morning.  As he yawned, he unlocked the screen, revealing a picture of him and the rest of the cast, and then noticed a text from Ji-Hyo.

“Good morning Kwang-soo! I don’t need a ride today.  See you on the set!”

Kwang-soo shook his hair out of his face and frowned.  He knew this was going to happen.  Even though he didn’t know for certain if Ji-Hyo and Gary was an official couple yet, he just assumed based on what he had seen days previous.  Standing up, Kwang-soo replied, then walked over to his armoire and pulled out a pair of jean shorts and a t-shirt that was given to him at the last filming. 

Kwang-soo slipped on his clothes and walked into the bathroom, flicking the light on and then looking into the mirror.  His hair was flat on one side and was sticking up on the other. 

Kwang-soo laughed, “That’s what I get for taking a shower just before bed.” 

Kwang-soo pulled out a hairbrush from inside the drawer, the sink, and got the brush wet.  He ran the brush through his hair, flipping it over to one side, the sprayed it with some hair spray to keep it from shifting.  He then picked up his toothbrush and began brushing his teeth.

He left his bathroom, flicking the light off as he exited, grabbed his tennis shoes, and sat at the end of his bed.  He let out a sigh and stared off into space for a moment before finally putting his shoes on. 

It was already 5:30 in the morning by the time he was ready to leave but he didn’t need to.  He didn’t need to go Ji-Hyo; she had a ride.  Kwang-soo put on his jacket, walked out of his apartment, and got into his car. 

He drove for about half an hour until he reached the normal café and walked in.  He made eye contact with the halmeoni and bowed his head slightly then went over to his normal seat next to the window, staring out of it.

A few moments later, a cup was set down in front of him and he looked up to see the halmeoni smiling at him.

“No Ji-Hyo today?” she asked.

“No.  She texted me this morning and told me that she didn’t need a ride.”

“That’s a shame.  I miss seeing her smiley face in the morning.”

“So do I, halmeoni, so do I.”

The halmeoni smiled, not saying anything, turned and walked back over to her counter. 

Kwang-soo returned to his window, slowly sipping his coffee.  He could see the flowers outside blowing back in forth in the wind.

 ~a little while later at the Running Man set~

All of the cast was gathered in front of the SBS building chatting idly while they

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter