In This Large World, There’s Only One Person (I Only Want You)

It has to be KyuSung/YeKyu

Title: In This Large World, There’s Only One Person (I Only Want You)
Author: rhenny
Pairing: KyuSung/YeKyu
Genre: AU, Fluff, Romance, Drama, Angst
Rating: G
Length: one-shot
Prompt: Anniversary (Leeteuk)
Summary: In which Kyuhyun realizes what he needs (or in which Kyuhyun contemplates how Jongwoon left him, reminiscences his first meeting with Jongwoon, and does his best to have his better half again)
Word Count: 2,558
A/N: Hi there everyone :) Here I am writing again (trying to write is more appropriate in my opinion). I'm not used to writing angst and drama so please bear with me. I dedicate this all the lovely readers! <3 really thankful to all the readers :*
7/20 oh yeah! sorry for errors and incoherence ;A;

The flowers around the city are in full bloom, not that Kyuhyun noticed or cared about it. He was still in his office, working. But he did remember that there was something special in April 13. April 13 was supposed to be his and Jongwoon's anniversary, supposed to be because Jongwoon already left Kyuhyun.

But he was too busy fulfilling his job at his company. He got no time to admire the beauty and wonders of nature for he must do his job. His job was the reason why he would never be troubled with money. He can buy anything that he wanted. But in return, it was the reason why his Jongwoon left him.

"Are you happy?"

Jongwoon's voice rang in his head. It was the last words Jongwoon said before leaving Kyuhyun.

Feeling his heart ache, he let go of the paper he held and placed his hand over his heart. Is he happy?

Isn’t buying anything you want make you happy?

"But how about what you need? You can't buy everything Kyuhyun-ah."

Five months, three weeks, six days, twenty three hours, thirty five minutes and thirteen seconds ever since Jongwoon broke up with him. How could he feel happy? How could Kyuhyun feel happy when he was not with Jongwoon? Knowing he didn't have his better half? (Better half would be better to use rather than other half, Kyuhyun thought before)

Getting his phone out, he stared at his wallpaper, a picture of him and Jongwoon decorating the phone, both looking younger, posing side by side. They took the photo in the house they rented together while Kyuhyun studied and Jongwoon worked. They smiled as if there were no worries in the world. Jongwoon's arms draped over Kyuhyun's shoulder while the latter's hand clutched at the former's waist, as if too afraid to let go. Jongwoon was looking at the camera, while Kyuhyun was staring at Jongwoon with loving eyes.

His head was pounding while his heart was aching. His vision blurred and his body hot. With a thud, he fell on the floor.

"Jongwoon..." he mumbled before fainting.

~

Kyuhyun staggered to his dorm as he tried balancing his bags: one gigantic bag pack, two big travelling bags and three shopping bags. The bags filled with what Kyuhyun thought to be necessary for him to keep sane while studying Business for four academic years.

Gathering his energy, Kyuhyun hastened his pace in determination to make it to his room. Other students just passed by him, not even bothering their selves to offer Kyuhyun some help. Not like Kyuhyun would like them to help. He didn't want their pity.

Stepping in front of the wide stairs, Kyuhyun breathed and hoped he can make it to the 4th floor without losing consciousness.

'I swear I'm gonna kill the person who gave the room arrangement,' Kyuhyun thought as he climbed up, wheezing a little. He mouthed praises for himself for some encouragement, not minding the weird stares the random students were giving him. 'When I arrive at my room I'll immediately open my laptop and kill some monster and aliens.'

With a profound inspiration, Kyuhyun climbed the flight of stairs to the 4th floor. He smiled when he stepped on the floor, pretending to still have strength left to drag his body to room 4-13.

Turning to his right, he bumped with another student. With a squeal (wait, was he the one who did that?), Kyuhyun almost fell. Good thing the person he bumped with managed to grab him and to pull him away the stairs.

"Are you fine?" the student asked as he stared at Kyuhyun's face. He smiled and helped Kyuhyun stand up properly. "Good thing you didn't fall. That's really dangerous."

If someone told Kyuhyun that love at first sight exists before seeing this person, Kyuhyun would scoff and tell that person that it only happens in dramas. But now that he was this person, Kyuhyun would be nodding his head whole heartedly, like the nodding dogs in a car’s dashboard. ‘I may have avoided falling down the stairs, but I can’t help falling in love with you,’ Kyuhyun mused, but he swallowed his thoughts.

Kyuhyun nodded as he stared at his savior's face. His savior was gorgeous. His features might not be perfect in everyone's eyes but for Kyuhyun, he was the epitome of beauty. He could spend the day drowning at the light brown eyes of his savior.

The gaze of the man focused on him in return. An amused but concerned expression graced his face.

"Are you a freshie?" the gorgeous man asked.

"A f-freshie?"

The gorgeous man said, "A freshman?"

Kyuhyun nodded his head.

"Thought so, never saw someone as cute as you at the school before," the man whispered to his self, though, Kyuhyun still heard him, making his cheeks red. "Would you like me to help you with your bags? I can help you go to your room too," The man offered before getting the two travelling bags from Kyuhyun.

"Thanks umm..."

"Jongwoon. Kim Jongwoon," Jongwoon offered his hand, surprisingly small, and Kyuhyun complied. When their hands touched, a surge of electricity flowed through Kyuhyun's body. And he remembered her sister telling that sensation 'sparks'. Gosh he was so cheesy.

"I'm Kyuhyun. Cho Kyuhyun," said Kyuhyun, before they continued walking at the hallway, keeping aside the sensation he felt.

"I'm expecting my new roommate. And now, I'm hoping he'll be as cute as you," Jongwoon said and smiled at Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun almost tripped over his own feet when he saw that brilliant smile.

Jongwoon laughed and steadied Kyuhyun before asking, "Where's your room? We had been walking around the 4th floor with me not knowing where we are going."

"4-13," Kyuhyun answered, looking shyly at his new crush.

"Oh!!!" Jongwoon exclaimed, looking so happy.

The shout of Jongwoon made Kyuhyun jump a little. Everyone in the corridor looked at them.

"I guess my roommate will be as cute as you," Jongwoon grinned before dragging Kyuhyun in front of room 4-13. "It's nice having you as my roommate Kyuhyun. Let's be happy together, okay?"


~

Feeling small warm hands playing with his face, Kyuhyun woke up. The hands caressed his face in a loving manner. He gave a sigh of relief and leaned to the warm hands. He opened his eyes and he was staring directly at warm light brown eyes of Jongwoon. Everything about Jongwoon seemed warm.

"You never learn," Jongwoon spoke and played with Kyuhyun's hair. "You're overworking again. You usually get sick, but this time you managed to faint."

Kyuhyun opened his mouth but Jongwoon hushed him.

"Leeteuk Hyung and Henry saw you and instead of calling an ambulance, they accidentally dialed my number. It seems like I'm the number 1 in your speed dial instead of the emergency number," Jongwoon chuckled. "So I had to leave Jongjin at the cafe and drive to your company building as fast as I could. And when I arrived there, Leeteuk Hyung and Henry were pacing around the room like a hen and a chick while you lay unconscious on the couch. They actually forgot to call the hospital after calling me."

Kyuhyun stared at Jongwoon as he continued the story, amazed that he still looked so handsome and young. On the other hand, he looked so ty and wasted.

"Then, I checked your condition. You got a fever and I assumed you fainted from overworking," Jongwoon gave Kyuhyun an I-knew-you-did-it look before continuing his story. "Knowing how much you hated going to the hospital, I told them that I'll be taking you home. I ended up carrying you alone since Henry was afraid to touch you and Leeteuk Hyung looked as exhausted as you," he chuckled. "You must be really scary and strict for your co-workers to act like that. Anyway, good thing you didn't change the security code, or else we'll still be standing outside."

'I didn't change the security code, hoping you'll come back home, back to me,' Kyuhyun sadly thought.

"You should be thankful to Leeteuk Hyung and Henry. Without them you will still be lying on the floor of your office. I must admit that your co-workers are cute," Jongwoon's lips slightly turned upwards when Kyuhyun frowned at the way he described Leeteuk and Henry. "Don't worry Kyu, you're still the cutest. Even if you're so thin and unhealthy looking at the moment."

"Hyung I-" Kyuhyun didn't finish what he was about to say for Jongwoon shushed him again.

"No talking for you," Jongwoon said. He pulled at Kyuhyun's right ear. "You have been causing me trouble for quite some time now."

Was that Kyuhyun's role in Jongwoon's life? To trouble him?

"I'm sorry..." Kyuhyun's lips trembled. He was on the verge of crying when Jongwoon kissed him on the forehead before hugging him. Kyuhyun hugged back almost immediately, forgetting about how tired he was.

"Don't think about it. You got a handful of things to worry about."

Kyuhyun was alarmed when Jongwoon loosened his hug. The image of Jongwoon leaving him flashed in his mind again. He hugged Jongwoon with urgency.

'Please, don't leave me,' Kyuhyun thought. A whine escaped from his lips. He pulled Jongwoon towards him that the older's upper body laid on him. 'Don't leave me.'

Jongwoon gave out a hearty chuckle and allowed Kyuhyun to pull him closer. Kyuhyun buried his face in the crook of Jongwoon's neck, allowing his chapped lips slide over the flawless skin of the older. The smell that was uniquely Jongwoon assaulted his sense. The skinship between them was so natural, as if they didn't break up.

'Don't leave me,' Kyuhyun thought again.

"Silly. I'm not leaving. I'm gonna prepare something for you to eat," Jongwoon ruffled his hair and cradled his face. "Seriously, you really need to take care of yourself. Or I'll end up getting more worried."

If Kyuhyun wasn't feeling too bad, he would jump high and scream for knowing that Jongwoon still gets worried for him. Jongwoon still cares. And maybe, Jongwoon still loves him.

Jongwoon cooked and fed him before making him drink his medicine. Kyuhyun decided to be a clingy brat and didn't let go of Jongwoon. Jongwoon's left hand was captive between Kyuhyun's hands. When it was time for Kyuhyun to sleep, Jongwoon hummed to soothe the younger.

There was a moment when Jongwoon stopped humming because Kyuhyun rambled unconsciously everything in his mind.

'Jongwoon I still love you the most.'

'I miss you so much that I always drink to make me forget that you're no longer beside me.'

'Our anniversary is near. We should celebrate together."

'I love you.'

After Kyuhyun slept, Jongwoon kissed his forehead and whispered, "I love you too brat."

~

Kyuhyun missed Jongwoon. How they interlock their hands. How they laugh at the corniest and silliest things. How they stare and drown at each other's eyes. How they hug at their couch.

Kyuhyun loathed seeing Jongwoon smile at his every costumer as he took their orders. Jongwoon must be the most handsome cashier ever (in Kyuhyun's biased opinion).

Today was a day-off in their company and Kyuhyun chose to spend it visiting Jongwoon's cafe. He asked Leeteuk for the address of Jongwoon's cafe and the older give it to him with a, 'go and get him back and make the two of you happy again.' He often worked even during his day-off, but he recently realized that Jongwoon was more important than work.

Parking his car in front of the cafe, Kyuhyun thought of the words to tell Jongwoon.

"Hi Hyung! I see you got your dream cafe. I'm happy for you!" Kyuhyun shook his head and constructed another. "Hey Jongwoon Hyung! I'm not expecting you here. I just happen to pass by this cafe and I thought it look so cool. The name ummm," Kyuhyun peeked through the window and read the cafe's name, "Mouse Rabbit is really brilliant."

He wanted to smack his face for not making any witty or intelligent greeting.

A knock retrieved Kyuhyun from daydreaming. And there was Jongwoon, smiling when he caught Kyuhyun off-guarded. Kyuhyun almost squealed.

Kyuhyun removed his seatbelt and got his key. He opened the door of his car and turned its anti-theft feature. He looked so calm and composed, but after facing Jongwoon, he felt shy and awkward.

Kyuhyun saw Jongwoon smiled as Jongwoon grabbed his hand and dragged him inside the cafe. The place where Jongwoon's hand was feels incredibly warm. "It's nice for you to visit my cafe Kyuhyun-ah. It makes me really happy!"

Hearing Jongwoon said that Kyuhyun made him happy made his heart flutter. One of his life's missions was to make Jongwoon happy. And Kyuhyun felt that making Jongwoon happy now was an achievement.

'Anything to make you happy Jongwoon,' Kyuhyun smiled to himself.

Kyuhyun was shoved to a vacant table near the counter, a table not meant for customers.

"Stay there and I'll get you something."

Jongwoon returned with a frappe and a piece of blueberry cheesecake.

“Are you feeling well now?” Jongwoon asked, his eyebrows frowning, a sign of worry based from Kyuhyun’s knowledge about the other.

“I feel better now,” Kyuhyun replied, swallowing the words ‘because you took care of me, you might still love me, and you are here with me.’ He fidgeted with his phone, feeling shy under Jongwoon’s close scrutiny.

Jongwoon nodded in approval, then he grabbed Kyuhyun’s phone and ordered, “Eat your food now.”

Kyuhyun nodded and started eating the cake. He almost chocked on his food when he saw Jongwoon waving the phone in front of him.

“You still have this as your lock screen? Look at how young we are at this picture. I feel so old now,” Jongwoon chuckled and Kyuhyun smiled, feeling his face flushing red.

Someone called Jongwoon and he excused himself for a moment. Kyuhyun kept his eyes on Jongwoon as he went to the counter.

After a few minutes, Kyuhyun made an observation. Jongwoon has an employee that kept on clinging to Jongwoon whenever he had a chance. Not that Jongwoon noticed. Kyuhyun glared at the employee before calling Jongwoon.

"Jongwoon!"

Jongwoon immediately made his way to Kyuhyun. “Yes Kyu?”

Kyuhyun swallowed his nervousness and anxiety. He can do this! "Do y-you want to go out with me? In April 13?" Kyuhyun asked. "As a thank you for taking care of me yesterday."

"A date?" Jongwoon smiled as Kyuhyun blushed. "Are you sure it is just a thank-you-date?"

Kyuhyun pulled Jongwoon closer, whispering directly to his ears, "It's an I-will-make-you-mine-again date."

"Don't be silly," Jongwoon laughed and Kyuhyun felt his heart broke. Jongwoon doesn't want him anymore? But when Jongwoon held his hand and placed a kiss on it, his heart soared.

"I've always been yours. No need to make me yours again," Jongwoon whispered in his ears before moving away. "But I'd love to have dinner with you in April 13. And don't pretend that you just happened to set the date on our anniversary." He winked at Kyuhyun before going to the counter to talk with his employees.

Kyuhyun smiled, his lips morphing in a grin, even his eyes were smiling. Jongwoon still loves him and he is Kyuhyun's. He will do everything to be with his better half again.

The end?