Carried by the Storm

It has to be KyuSung/YeKyu

Title: Carried by the Storm
Author: rhenny
Pairing: KyuSung/YeKyu
Genre: Fluff, Romance, AU
Rating: G
Length: one-shot
Prompt: Storm (wildcard for the KyuSungCentral fic challenge)
Summary: In which Kyuhyun meets Yesung, an angel that doesn't know how to fly.
Word Count: 3,526
Dedication: Happy Birthday Chimaki! お誕生日おめでとうございます。! This fic is inspired by a beautiful fan-art of Chimaki^^ I hope you like it!
A/N: It has been a long time since the last time I wrote a fic. Please forgive me for the errors and incoherence of this fic.

~

This is the story of an angel who doesn't know how to fly and a boy who falls in love with that angel.

In the sky, there live angels. Angels are beautiful and kind creatures. They live in the clouds. People can see angels, but they can't see their wings. There are only few humans who can see an angel's wings.

One of the angels is named Yesung, but unlike other angels, Yesung doesn't know how to fly. Most of the time, he is left alone because he can't fly with the other angels, leaving him with no close friends.

He always wonders why he can’t fly. He can't smile and laugh sincerely, because deep inside him he knows he isn't happy. He often sits alone in the clouds and cries.

One day, in the cloud palace, Yesung asks Leeteuk, their leader, "Why can't I fly?"

"Because you still don't know what can make you fly," Leeteuk replies.

"I don't understand. What can make me fly?" Yesung asks again.

Leeteuk smiles, "You'll find out someday."

"Someday..." Yesung whispers as he goes out of the palace. He walks, away from the castle, as he watches his fellow angels flying above them. Yesung is the only angel who can walk for a long time, the other angels always used their wings to fly.

"I wish I can fly..." he whispers. Yesung cries and continues to walk away from the palace, unaware of the brewing storm coming at his direction. When he finally notices the strong wind and heavy rain, it is already too late. He runs, but he failed to escape a whirlwind. So, the strong wind carries Yesung as if he is a feather.

"Please calm down," Yesung whispers to the storm as he curls into a ball.

Instead of calming down, the storm becomes stronger, blowing Yesung down to earth. But it carefully brings Yesung to the ground, treating Yesung like a delicate flower.

The whirlwind and storm disappear, whispering to the unconscious Yesung that everything will be fine.

~

In earth, a boy named Kyuhyun is playing on the seashore. With his trendy bag, which he got from his mother, Kyuhyun explores the seaside in hopes of finding something interesting and valuable.

"Wow! There are a lot of loots today. I wonder what the storm bought here today." He closes his eyes and spreads his arms, thanking the storm for bringing blessings in his life.

Kyuhyun walks by the sea, picking up things he thinks he can use and putting it in his bag. He continues wandering around until he stumbles over something.

"Ow!" Kyuhyun groans as he fell to the sand. He is about to scold at whatever made him stumble to the ground, but when he sees the body with blonde hair, and white clothes, Kyuhyun remains speechless, his eyes mesmerized by the beautiful creature. When he looks down, his eyes widens like saucers when he saw wings at his back.

Kyuhyun is drawn back to the situation when the person (?) starts moving. Light brown eyes meet Kyuhyun's dark brown eyes as the beautiful stranger opens his eyes.

"Hi. Who are you?" Kyuhyun said, hoping he will not scare the stranger.

The stranger looks at him confusedly as he sits up. Then the stranger's eyes take the surrounding, his eyes bulging and mouth gaping as he looked around.

"Here let me help you," Kyuhyun offers his hand, but the stranger doesn't take it, holding his hands to his chest. "Don't worry I don't bite. I'm a kind person even though I'm naughty sometimes."

Kyuhyun smiles at him, hoping to ease the worry in the stranger. Confused, the stranger frowns at the hand offered at him.

"I'm gonna help you stand up," Kyuhyun explains.

And when the stranger cautiously takes his hand, Kyuhyun feels electricity running up his body. What could it be? But he shrugs it off as he helped the stranger up and assists him from the sea. He looks at the man, curious. "Y-You have wings? Are you an angel?"

As if the stranger is confirming Kyuhyun's guess, he stretches both his wings as far as they can go to dry them. Kyuhyun stares at awe at the beautiful thing in front of him. It reminds Kyuhyun of something, but he can't put a finger what it is.

"Y-You can see my wings?" the angel finally speaks, and Kyuhyun just heard the most beautiful voice in his life. He feels like fainting, but he can't. Not right now.

Kyuhyun nods, scratching the back of his head as he felt his face blushing. "I'm Kyuhyun." He introduced. "May I know your name?"

"My name is Yesung," Yesung replies and stares at Kyuhyun, who is staring back at him.

While figuring out what to say and do next, Kyuhyun stumbles down the sand when Yesung suddenly sat down on the sand and sobbed at his knees.

"What's the problem?!" Kyuhyun asked, panicked.

"I can't go home because I don't know how to fly."

"What?"

"I can't fly..." Yesung semi-whispered as he gazed up the bright sky, tears starting to flow from his eyes, "I don't know how to fly..."

"Why? But your wings are beautiful!" Kyuhyun compliments and blushes simultaneously.

Yesung's tears stop flowing from his eyes as he stared up at Kyuhyun.

"Your wings are the most beautiful thing that I saw in my life," Kyuhyun added, smiling. He knows it must be awkward for someone to tell such things to someone you just met, but when he saw Yesung's crying face, he had the urge to make him happy.

Yesung face is starting to blush too, his lips mirrored the curve of Kyuhyun's lips.

Yesung said, "I-I don't know what can make me fly."

Kyuhyun frowns. "You can move them, right?"

"I can," Yesung answers, opening his wings as proof. "But what is missing is the force for me to levitate."

"I'll help you find the thing that can make you fly! And you can stay with me if you want. I live nearby," Kyuhyun grins as he reached out his hand to Yesung.

Yesung's wings perk up as he grinned and held Kyuhyun's hand. "Thank you Kyuhyun."

Kyuhyun can't help but smile for the way Yesung said his name is as beautiful as his smile. Ah. The storm really sent him a blessing.

~


That next day, Kyuhyun sees Yesung staring up the sky at the veranda of his house. 'Is Yesung still sad?'

"Hey Yesung! Aren't you hungry?"

"Hungry?" Yesung tilted his head.

"You're hungry when your stomach growls like a lion and you want to eat something."

"..." Yesung just stared at Kyuhyun, trying to figure out what he was talking about.

From his bag, Kyuhyun gets a lollipop and gives it to Yesung. "For you. So you can cheer up."

"What is this?"

"A lollipop!"

"L-Lollipop. Lollipop."

"It's my most favorite candy in the world," Kyuhyun moves his arms in a circle manner.

"And you are giving it to me?"

"Yes! So you will be smiling again. I like it when I see you smile."

"Thanks Kyuhyun," Yesung grins with eyes closed, unaware that his wings perk up and start flapping, making him levitate at least 50 cm up the floor.

Kyuhyun's eyes widens like saucers. "Your wings! They are flapping Yesung!"

"Huh?" Yesung opens his eyes and looks down. He screamed and he fell down to Kyuhyun. "I flew! Did you see that Kyuhyun!" He hugged him tightly. "This is the first time I ever fly!"

Kyuhyun wondered if Yesung could feel his beating heart, how fast it suddenly beats because of his hug.

"Try it again!" Kyuhyun encouraged.

They stood up and Yesung concentrated to fly again. His wings started flapping again, but he didn't fly. He kneels at the ground and sobbed. "I cannot do it again."

Kyuhyun sighed, out of relief. Is this a sign that Yesung must stay longer with him? He wishes it is a sign, but he can't be selfish while Yesung is sad.

"Don't worry Yesung! We'll figure out how you can fly soon. I promise!"

With that, Yesung stands up and hugs Kyuhyun tightly, letting his actions bridge his thankfulness.

~

Kyuhyun and Yesung spend the week trying to figure out what can make Yesung fly. Kyuhyun guessed that it is related to making Yesung genuinely happy, wondering if it was the act of giving Yesung his lollipop is the reason why the angel flew.

During Yesung's stay in Kyuhyun's home, he learned the daily routine of humans. Kyuhyun taught him how to use chopsticks and cutlery to eat 'food'. Angels don't really need to eat human food, but Yesung decided that he likes eating because Kyuhyun likes it.

Kyuhyun gave Yesung his smaller clothes for him to wear when they went to the market to buy food and show him around. They didn't have to worry about Yesung's wings since Yesung can hide them in his back magically whenever he wants. And only Kyuhyun could see his wings. It was proven when they were buying food from the grocery. They were in the check-out counter when Yesung sneezed, making his wings go out of his back. Panicked, Kyuhyun and Yesung looked at each other, then to the people around them. The cashier asked his co-worker if the door is open because there was a gust of wind earlier and the people behind them continued with their business. Kyuhyun sighed, relieved, as Yesung retracted his wings back.

When Kyuhyun was busy with his laptop, he opened the television for Yesung to watch whatever he desired.

Yesung kept on pushing the button Kyuhyun told him to push when he didn't like what he saw. He kept on switching channels until it stopped at a documentary.

"Kyuhyun!" Yesung calls Kyuhyun, his face fixated at the television. "What do you call those animals again?"

Kyuhyun continues pressing the keyboard as he took a glimpse of what Yesung is watching. "Turtles," he answers.

"Turtles..." Yesung repeats, happy for some reason.

"I saw one by the beach earlier this month," Kyuhyun pauses his game and sits beside Yesung, "If you like we can go and search for them today."

"Really?" Yesung's eyes shine like the brightest star in the night sky. He hugs Kyuhyun out of happiness. And Kyuhyun blushes.

Kyuhyun drags Yesung to the beach. "This is where I saw the turtle last time," he said mostly to himself as he looks around the seaside.

Yesung helps in finding the turtle too, even though he isn't sure what it looks like in person, but after an hour of looking around, the two sat down in the sand, tired.

"I'm sorry we didn't find the turtles," Kyuhyun apologizes, panting, sorry for making an empty promise.

"Do not apologize, Kyuhyun-" Yesung's words are cut-off when the sand in front of them moved, like something is pushing the sand from below. As they look closer, baby turtles started emerging from under the sand.

"So that's why I saw the large turtle here! She gave birth to these babies!" Kyuhyun stands up and watches amazed as the tiny turtles made their way to the sea. Kyuhyun waves at them. "Be strong and big baby turtles! Take care!"

Yesung laughs at Kyuhyun's actions and mimics him, "Take care little ones! And I hope for your safety!" as Yesung said that, his wings showed up and bubbles of light protected the turtles.

"Whoa!" Kyuhyun falls on the sand, "You made that?"

Yesung smiles at Kyuhyun, "I might not know how to fly, but I can cast enchantments to protect and heal."

Yesung helps Kyuhyun stand up and they made their way back to Kyuhyun's house. "So guardian angels do exist!"

"Huh?"

"Guardian angels," Kyuhyun repeats, as if it will make Yesung understand it. "They are angels meant to take care and protect humans. Oh I know! You might be my guardian angel Yesung," Kyuhyun smiles, shyly, surprised with his self and how those words came out. He is intending to tease Yesung, but what Yesung replied made Kyuhyun's heart flutter.

"I don't mind being your guardian angel Kyuhyun," Yesung grins.

"I'll be the happiest and luckiest person then," Kyuhyun grins back.

Yesung smiles and his wings perks up, flapping until Yesung's feet is off the ground.

"Yesung! You're flying!"

"I-I am!" he slowly levitates from the ground until he is a foot above the ground. Yesung looks down at Kyuhyun and sees him staring at him lovingly.

'I cannot leave yet,' Yesung said to himself as he landed on the ground.

"What's wrong Yesung?" Kyuhyun asked, worried about him.

"I cannot continue flying because we haven't figured out what can make me fly," Yesung said.

"Oh! Don't worry Yesung! We'll find it out!" Kyuhyun cheers and Yesung detects relief in his voice. During their interaction in a week, Yesung somewhat felt what Kyuhyun is feeling. He can read Kyuhyun like an open book.

Later that day, Kyuhyun ended up buying a turtle plushy for Yesung.

~

Yesung wakes up in the middle of the night, a beautiful sound is filling the room and tickling his ears. He looks around and wonders where the music came from.

He made his way to the source of the sound in a slow pace, only to find out it was coming from Kyuhyun's room. When he entered the room, Kyuhyun was pressing a black and white instrument.

"Oh Yesung! Did I wake you up?" Kyuhyun scratches the back of his head, his eyes emitting an apologizing aura.

Yesung shook his head. "What is that?"

"A piano," Kyuhyun answered as he presses his fingers against the keys gracefully, creating more beautiful sounds for Yesung to hear.

Yesung closes his eyes, humming along the music Kyuhyun was creating. He rests his head against Kyuhyun's shoulder. When Kyuhyun finished playing the piano, Yesung opens his eyes and moved his head so his chin is on Kyuhyun's shoulder. Slowly, he placed his lips on Kyuhyun's cheek. What he is doing is called a 'kiss.' He learned about it when he was watching the television and observing the people in town. The people in the television, the strange box that can fit anything in the world, according to his self, kissed each other when they feel happy. The little girl in the grocery store kissed her parents when they bought her a big teddy bear. This moment felt really happy for Yesung, and it feels like he received a gift from Kyuhyun, so Yesung supposed that kissing Kyuhyun will be a great way to show that he is really grateful and thankful.

Kyuhyun froze and Yesung asked, "Are you okay Kyuhyun?" He hugged Kyuhyun and felt something different in Kyuhyun's chest. But before he could ask about it, Kyuhyun hugged him back.

"I'm fine. Please let me stay in this position for a while."

Yesung agrees, feeling his heart beat race too.

When they separated to sleep, Yesung wonders why Kyuhyun's heartbeat became erratic earlier. He rubs his chest, wondering why his heart is beating so fast too. What could it be?

He falls asleep with the memory of the sound of piano and the sound of his and Kyuhyun's accelerating heart as his lullaby.

~

The first time Yesung saw Kyuhyun angry was when a drunk person was harassing Yesung. They went outside the restaurant after eating, and that's when a drunken person suddenly grabbed Yesung.

"Hey there. Do you want to come with Uncle? I'll give you some money if you do," the man slurred, the smell of alcohol reeking from him.

Yesung froze, not knowing what to do. He felt his whole tensed up as the grip on his arms tightened.

"Excuse me Mister. Please don't harass my friend," Kyuhyun intervenes, removing the man's tight grip on Yesung's arms. Yesung moves to Kyuhyun's back like it is his instinct, his small hands clinging at the back of Kyuhyun's clothes.

"Get out of the way kid," the man insisted, trying to hold Yesung again.

"Please get a hold of yourself. You're drunk." Kyuhyun wrapped his arms around Yesung, wordlessly saying 'I'll protect you' to the scared Yesung.

"Psshhh... I'm not talking to you. I'm talking to my angel," the man moved groggily, trying to kiss Yesung.

Kyuhyun hugged Yesung close to him and he said, "He's not your angel. He is my angel."

"Ah you brat!" the man throws Kyuhyun a punch, which Kyuhyun successfully evaded.

"You punched first," Kyuhyun smirked. He punched the man on the side, making sure that it will hurt and it doesn't hit a vital organ. "That counts as self-defense. Let's go Yesung."

Kyuhyun holds Yesung's hand gently, very different to the strong punch he landed on the man's side. And Yesung finally relaxes. They ran silently to the beach until tears fell from Yesung's eyes.

Alarmed, Kyuhyun asked, "What's wrong Yesung? Are you hurt somewhere?"

Yesung shakes his head, smiling even though he is crying. "I am thankful because you protected me."

"Of course I'll protect you."

"Because I am your friend?"

"Because you're my special someone," Kyuhyun places a kiss on Yesung's forehead. "I'll never regret meeting you Yesung. You are the one."

Yesung hugs Kyuhyun, and wraps his wings around him.

"Now I know what your wings remind me. They remind me of the sky," Kyuhyun smiles as he admires Yesung's wings surrounding their bodies, it feels like they are engulfed in their own sky.

Yesung closes his eyes. Now he knows what can make him fly.

Is it the turtles? No, his wings only perk up when he thought of turtles.

Is it music? No, it isn't either.

'What really makes me happy?' Yesung asked himself and opened his eyes, seeing Kyuhyun smiling at him.

Yesung smiled, and his wings fluttered, taking him off the land, his hand still holding Kyuhyun's hand

Yesung finally knew what can make him fly. Kyuhyun is like the wind beneath his wings, the force that allows him to fly. Come to think of it, whenever he thinks of Kyuhyun, his body feels lighter, as if all the problems have been lifted up.

"You did it Yesung! You did it!" Kyuhyun cheers, before looking down. "Will you go now?" he asked, his voice breaking.

"I will, but I promise I will return here immediately! I will just tell Leeteuk that I am okay, then I will come back home," Yesung smiled.

"You'll come back home?"

"Yes," Yesung lands in front of Kyuhyun, his cheeks blushing. "You are my home now."

Kyuhyun blushes too. He closes the space between them and shortened the distance between them, letting their lips connect to each other.

Yesung feels his heart pounding again. He can hear the beats in his head.

"I'll wait for you Yesung." Kyuhyun grins.

Yesung nods and flies up the sky, smiling to himself and holding his lips that touched Kyuhyun's. He looks back and sees Kyuhyun is also touching his lips, smiling. He waves at Kyuhyun and flies faster up the sky.

~

When Yesung reached the clouds, Leeteuk welcomed him with open arms. "Welcome back Yesung."

"Leeteuk! I finally know what can make me fly!"

Leeteuk smiles. "What is it Yesung?"

"Kyuhyun!"

Leeteuk grins, "Then you must really love Kyuhyun."

"Huh?" Yesung blushed.

"The thing that you are looking for is love. And it seemed like that you found it in the being named Kyuhyun."

"I l-love Kyuhyun?" Yesung stutters.

"What do you feel?"

"I love Kyuhyun. I love Kyuhyun! I must go now and tell Kyuhyun I love him! Thanks for everything Leeteuk! I'll come and visit you sometime."

"It seems like my love detector storm worked," Leeteuk's dimples become prominent as he watched Yesung fly down earth.

~

Kyuhyun stares at the sea, looking the clouds. Suddenly, a beach ball hit him in the back.

"We're sorry mister!" the pair of children apologizes as they ran towards Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun smiles. "Don't worry about it. Just be careful next time, okay?" He hands the ball to one of the children.

"What are you doing here mister?" the boy who is drinking strawberry milk asked.

"I'm waiting for the love of my life," Kyuhyun grins proudly at the kids.

"Waiting for the love of your life here? Isn’t the harbor at the other side of the city Mister?"

"Oh! The Mister's lover is riding a boat?"

"No," Kyuhyun smiles and looks up the sky. "My lover is bought by the storm."

The kids look at each other before looking at Kyuhyun. "We hope your lover comes back soon! Come one Hyuk! Let's continue playing!"

"Okay Hae! Here we go!"

"Bye bye Mister!" they waved and ran towards the other side of the beach, leaving Kyuhyun alone.

Kyuhyun watches as the sun sets and the colors in the sky turned to orange-yellow and the stars and moon started showing in the sky.

An angel with sky-like wings flew down in front of Kyuhyun.

"I'm back," Yesung greets as he lands on the sand.

Kyuhyun smiles and hugs Yesung, "Welcome home my angel."

The storm truly gave him a blessing.


~


Happy Birthday again dear Chimaki~ 誕生日おめでとう。

Hi everyone! How are you doing? :)
I hope all of you are well!