Prologue

Exchange

 

News spread like wild fire. Jiyong was getting antsy and Dara tried her best to calm her husband down.

“I must get her.” Jiyong continued to mutter under his breath.

“It’ll be fine. She’s just a baby.” Dara smiled slightly at Jiyong.

Before Jiyong could respond, one of his men came in running in, telling him they were ready.

“I have to go. Be safe.” Jiyong gave Dara one last hug before walking away with the people who were in the same mission with him. Dara let out a soft sigh as she watched her husband walk away, praying for his success and safety in her heart.


“Goodnight baby girl.” her mother kissed her new born daughter before placing her in the baby pink colored cot.

“I somehow feel worried.” Her husband let out a soft sigh as he took another glance at his newborn’s door the moment they walked out.

“Maybe you’re just stressed. Don’t worry.” His wife smiled slightly and patted him on the back.

The couple reassured with the daughter’s safety, gladly went to sleep. When Jiyong was assured that the couple was in their deep sleep, he started his mission. Jiyong unknowingly broke into a smile the moment he laid eyes on the sleeping new born baby girl in the cot. He turned off the baby monitor and scooped the baby in his arms carefully, making sure the baby was comfortable in his arms.

The baby slowly fluttered her eyes open and let out a little giggle. Her little hands trying to reach for Jiyong and that was when Jiyong assured himself that the baby indeed could see him, even the people around him.

“We have to go. Her father is coming.” One of the man- the team leader announced before rushing Jiyong and his team out of the place. In a blink of an eye, all of them disappeared into thin air.


In less than a second, they were back in Avillion. A luxurious set of cars were waiting for them. His men got into their own car while Jiyong settled in his own, still holding onto the newborn in his arm safely. The baby had fallen asleep again in his arms and again, a small smile was formed on Jiyong’s lips. While Jiyong was admiring the baby, all of them dashed to the designated place.

It took a few hours to reach the place, far and deep into the woods. A faint light was seen at the end of the trail and a humble but well lit cottage was seen. Everyone parked their cars and a very good looking man with a pale skin greeted Jiyong and his men. He welcomed them with a bright smile on his face and invited all of them into his humble home which surprisingly fitted everyone.

“It’s an honor to have you in my humble house. Excuse me for my tardiness.” the man bowed his head slightly as a sign of apology.

Jiyong shook his head as a sign to drop the subject, “That’s not what I’m here for anyways.” Jiyong smiled slightly and placed the baby in the pink colored cot that was prepared by the man beforehand.

Jiyong stared at the man as he continued to attend his large number of guests with a smile that never faded from his face. He’s an angel anyways and Jiyong’s a demon. There was a big contrast between these two friends but as people say, opposites attract. “Yixing... thank you.” Jiyong whispered softly but loud enough for both of them.

A wider smile was carved on his lips “No worries, this is what friends are for.” Yixing patted Jiyong’s shoulder. “You should go home. Take a fresh shower, go back to Dara. She must be very worried for you right now, get some good sleep and kiss Taehyung a good night. The baby will be fine” Yixing glanced at the baby

Jiyong nodded and slowly stood up. The men around him rushed to finish their drink and get their car ready. Yixing walked Jiyong out of his place before Jiyong suddenly stopped his tracks and took another glance at the baby

“She’s Dayoung”

Yixing nodded and smiled slightly “It’s a beautiful name”

Jiyong nodded in agreement “Please take good care of her”

Yixing nodded and watched as the floods of car drive out of his property.

5e3CmgJ.gif

The tall wooden clock was alive. It had a ticking heartbeat, and the mechanical gears breathed as they slid against each other. The sound of the clock chiming in the big castle woke the innocent baby up. His shiny eyes, wet with tears fluttered open and he whined. He look around him only to see that he's alone in the big room. The room was too dark and spacious for a toddle like him. Only lights that beamed from the moon through the window can still allow him to see around him.

"Mama, where are you?" His little body slid off the bed, bringing his teddy bear together with him. He rubbed his wet eyes while walking to the door which is left slightly ajar purposely.

He peeked through the small gap and looked into the long hallway, trying to find a hint of were his mom could be. He was scared to get out of his room, but he still wants to get to his mom.

"Mama, I'm scared..." he cried out with a half audible voice. He pushed the door open with his might and walked along the hallway. He walked down the hallway aimlessly, dragging his little feet along the floor.

His cries stopped when he heard something or someone's footsteps clinking against the hardwood floor. The sound was loud, since everyone in the castle is sleeping.

"Mama?" he frowned and looked around. Taehyung turned around to see his mom standing at the end of the hallway with open arms.

"Kim Taehyung, come here..." he ran towards the person he recognized as his mother with a frown on his face.

He hugged her tightly, while muttering that he's frightened.

"Mama, I am scared...can I sleep with you?" Taehyung asked, but there's no reply. He asked again but the woman didn't budge.

"Mama?" he called out again. He slipped away from her embrace and looked up at the unfamiliar face and a wicked smile was all he saw. He backed away, his teddy bear dropped on the floor with a soft thud.

"You are not Mama..." he shivered with fear; somehow he knew that this person wasn't a nice person. The person was looking at him in the eyes, piercing his innocent mind.

Before the innocent three years old boy knew it, the world around him became dark.

"Mama, Papa, save me...."

 

♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕♕

 

A ray of light shined through the big panel window in the castle, making the whole castle look lovely.

It was one of the important day in the castle, the third birthday of the young prince. Even though C'reatures could live to thousand years, but the first 100 years of their life is important. And Dara and Jiyong would do everything so their baby, Taehyung could feel special.

Dara looked at the tall guy beside her with a smile on her face and giggled.

"Honey, are you ready for this?" 

Dara asked Jiyong who is busy fixing the ribbon on the present he intended to give to Taehyung. It is a small purple box; with a ring inside. The ring has Dara and Jiyong's name on it, representing Dara and Jiyong's love for Taehyung. It is small, since it was for a little child.

On the other hand, Dara is holding a big vanilla cake on a tray with both of her hand. She is wearing a purple dress- purple is Taehyung's favorite color.

Jiyong smiled back at her and nodded.

"Absolutely!"

He turned the door knob to Taehyung's room and both of them entered.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAEHYUNG!!!"

Both of them chimed, a wide smile on their faces. They're too excited about Taehyung's reaction, wondering whether he would like it or not.

Their face fell down when they saw the baby is not on his bed. They looked at each other with a questioning look. Dara open the closet door where Taehyung would always hide in but unfortunately he wasn't there.

Jiyong looked under Taehyung's bed, he's not there too. They looked everywhere around the room, but the boy was nowhere to be seen.

"Taehyung-ah, where are you? Stop hiding." Dara called out, she began to panic. Cold sweat begins to trail down Jiyong's forehead, his palms turned sweaty.

"It couldn't be....our baby...Taehyung..." Dara put down the cake and get out of the room into the hallways. She called out Taehyung's name multiples time, but there was no answer.

"Taehyung baby...don't hide anymore! Mama is worried. Don't do this...Don't leave me..." Dara opened every nearest door. Her legs are trembling; she tried so hard to push away the negative thoughts.

"Dara...." Jiyong call out her name. Dara turned out to see her husband is holding the teddy bear she gave Taehyung on his first birthday. Her eyes widened. It couldn't be.

Dara's knees begin to give in and she fall onto the floor. Tears are forming in her eyes. Jiyong enveloped her petite frame in his arm and try to soothe her."Jiyong...."

".....our baby is gone."

 

 

***
Just for notice,both of the situations are 2 different situations at different times and different people
***