Heart Vacancy

Heart Vacancy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun’s POV

“Kyuhyun! Kyuhyun!”

I spin around, startled by a familiar voice calling out my name urgently. Someone suddenly crashes into me hard and because I cannot control my balance on time, I fall backwards and land on my hardly. When I blink open my eyes, I am greeted by a pair of soft looking brown eyes.

“Kyuhyun!”

“Ryeowook, are you okay? What’s wrong?” I ask worriedly.

Ryeowook shakes his head and doesn’t say anything. He cups my face in his hands and leans down and brushes his lips against mine. I’m confused but Ryeowook continues kissing me and I let him take the lead. He straddles my body and I pull him closer to me. Ryeowook breaks apart from the kiss and hugs me tight, resting his head against the crook of my neck.

“Oh Kyu.” Ryeowook sighs.

“Did… Did something happened, Ryeowook?” My hands start to his hair.

“Soulmates.” Ryeowook suddenly whispers in a quiet voice. “That’s what you and I are.”

Ryeowook continues. “Even though there are some things that I can never get back and…. And… peo… people who will never be sorry, I’ll know better the next time and I won’t settle for anything less than I deserve.”

Ryeowook’s eyes pierces against mine and I can feel his words touching my hearts, hitting so close to home. Ryeowook takes a deep breath and I take one too and together, both of us whisper the last line of the bride’s vow together.

“I’ll only settle for you because I deserve you.”

I meet Ryeowook halfway and find his lips, both of us tilting our heads to get better accesses to each other’s lips. This time, our kiss feels different and I finally know what I’ve been missing out on. Love. I love Ryeowook and although I have always known that, I have been way too afraid of admitting it. But the bride’s vow made me realize how there actually wasn’t any need for me to say it out. Because when Ryeowook and my eyes meet, I can already feel it and something tells me that Ryeowook felt it too.

“The only reason why Yesung still bothers me is not because I still love him.” Ryeowook tells me quietly, his fingers my cheeks. “It’s because I was scared of getting hurt again. I was afraid of loving again.”

“But I didn’t realize that along the way… While you were trying to fix me…. You were loving me too at the same time and.... You broke down my walls, made me trust you and then made me love you, Kyuhyun.” Ryeowook then takes my hand and places it on the left side of his chest. “Please don’t break my heart, Kyuhyun.”

I kiss Ryeowook’s lips sealing the deal. After all that Ryeowook have been through, I don’t think I can even stand the thought of hurting him. I can feel Ryeowook tears and I wipe his tears away, kissing his cheeks softly. I pull him and rests his head against my shoulders and rock both of us from side to side.

“Ryeowook,” I call out softly.

“Hmmm?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter