If Only You Knew

Heart Vacancy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryeowook’s POV

It’s getting a little late and I know I should head home right now but I’m hungry and I’m craving for some rice cakes. Thankfully, there’s a shop just a few building away from the Sukira building and so, I tell my manager to just pick me up there.

I order for two bags of rice cake planning to drop by the lower apartment and drop them off. Donghae and Eunhyuk are rehearsing for their EunHae tour and I’m sure that once they get home, they will be famished from all the singing and dancing. Plus, Sungmin loves rice cake and Kyuhyun is always forever hungry.

The waiter hands me the two plastic bags and I thank him, giving him some extra tip. He bows to me and smiles, looking down at the extra money. And just like that, I feel like I have made someone’s day by just a simple act. I don’t know why but doing these kind of things make me feel happy.

I wait for my manager outside the restaurant while scrolling through my phone, looking through Twitter. I want to post something and when I start typing, a figure suddenly hits me hard and my phone slips out of my hand. I gasp out loud and my breath hitches when it almost hits the floor. A hand suddenly comes in view and the next thing I know is that my phone is saved.

“Oh my god, I’m so sorry!”

The person says and I shake my head, saying that it’s okay. When I fully look up at his face, my heart stops. I don’t know if it’s possible but it feels as if my heart really did stop. My eyes widen and my emotions start bouncing all over my brain. The guy does a double take on me and when he realizes who I am, he awkwardly step back just a little.

“Hey, Ryeowook.”

He passes me his phone and I mutter a thank you to him. My body freezes and goes numb when I spot a familiar shiny object around his finger.

That bastard.

Feeling as if the world is turned upside down, I struggle hard to catch my breath and steady myself. I suddenly feel so light-headed, so lifeless.

“It’s been a long time.” He says, trying to act casual. “Have you been well?”

Please. Just stop talking to me like that. How do you have the nerve to talk to me like we’re normal friends? How do you have the nerve to talk to me like that when…. When you are the reason I got cheated on so many times?

“I’m great.” I answer.

And that’s the only thing I say before spotting my manager’s car heading my way. I don’t even wave or greet him goodbye, I just walk away.

________________________________________________

“You seem quiet.”

My manager comments as his eyes slide to look at me before looking back at the road. I always bombard him with stories of what happen at my radio show whenever he picks me up from work but today… I just don’t feel like it.

“A lot on my mind lately.” I shrug.

“Hmm…”

And then there is silence again. I’m thankful that my manager knows me best and knows that I don’t like people pressuring me to talk about something I don’t want to talk about. Well… I guess when you have to manage someone for almost ten years, you just know that person’s character inside out. After driving in the silence for a few minutes, manager hyung suddenly clears his throat.

“Anyway, Wook, you know that my wedding is this Saturday right?” He asks.

“Of course, hyung.” This time, I smile sincerely. “I’m really so excited for you.”

“Ah thank you.” He waves me off. “I tried asking Leeteuk if he could make it but he couldn’t.”

“Aww that’s sad. I really wanted to meet him.”

“But Yesung said that he’s able to make it.” Manager hyung grins. “At least I won’t have to worry about having to find someone to sing at my wedding.”

At the mention of his name, I grip my seatbelt hard. I fake a chuckle and let the conversation end right there. The thought of seeing Yesung again, hearing his heavenly voice again… Can I han

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter