Soulmate

Heart Vacancy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun’s POV

It’s manager hyung’s wedding today. All of us are in black suits since manager hyung wants us to be his best men. And of course, who wouldn’t say no? Manager hyung have been looking after us like we were his own kids. We took two different vans and the upper apartment guys came a little later since well… They are always late.

When we arrive at the wedding hall, there are already other guests around and I can even spot the Shinee guys and their manager. I walk over to their table to have a chat with Minho and then walk back to my table, grabbing some refreshments on the way. Halfway filling my glass with fruit punch, my eyes catches a glimpse of some guests making their way into the hall. A smile automatically creeps my face when I realized that it’s the other members who were late. I cannot take my eyes off Ryeowook whose eyes are sparkling as he takes in the wedding decorations and atmosphere. He looks dashing in his suit and his styled up hair and I just want to grab him and take him hard on the floor.

I fill up two glass instead and make my way back to the table where all the Super Junior members are seated. Ryeowook is seated next to Eunhyuk and Donghae and when he looks up and his eyes catches mine, his expression softens and he offers me a small smile.

“Here you go.” I say handing a glass to him.

“Hey, what about us? We just got here too!” Heechul shouts out from the other side of the table.

I roll my eyes. “Get them yourself, hyungs.”

Heechul hiss and then gets up to get himself his own drinks. Ryeowook giggle and thank me, sipping onto the punch. Ryeowook looks really good with his hair styled up like this and it’s taking all of my willpower not to pull him close to me and kiss him till he’s begging for more. I just… God. I am such a bastard.

Ryeowook looks around the wedding hall again and I see a flicker of emotion passing through his eyes. I don’t know what they are because Ryeowook quickly avoids everyone’s gaze by looking down at his fruit punch and swirling the water around the glass.

“Hey, are you okay?” I ask worriedly, rubbing Ryeowook’s thighs.

Ryeowook looks up at me and gives me a very sweet and sincere smile and my heart unexpectedly does a double flip. Woah. What the hell? I’m suddenly all nervous and ….. I don’t want to stop staring into Ryeowook’s eyes.

“I’m fine.” Ryeowook nods. “It’s so beautiful isn’t it?”

“Y… Yeah.”

Yes, Ryeowook is beautiful. I’ve known this for a long time now that my best friend is good-looking and pretty. He isn’t those types of handsome men but instead, he’s definitely pretty. His well-defined jawlines and his damn cheekbones. Those small plump lips and long beautiful eyelashes. He’s such a flower boy I just don’t know why most people don’t see how beautiful he truly is.

I hadn’t realize that I had been staring for long until I hear a familiar rough voice. Ryeowook and I snap out of our gaze and my stomach immediately twists when I see my hyung looking over the both of us. When did he get here? Yesung greets everyone and takes a seat next to Heechul.

“I didn’t know you were going to come today.” Kangin says.

“I wouldn’t miss this for the world.” Yesung answers. “It’s a pity Leeteuk hyung couldn’t make it.”

“I know right, it’d be a lot better if he could make it.” Heechul adds.

The other hyungs continue their conversation but I don’t keep track. I’m suddenly feeling so annoyed and restless. When I turn and look at Ryeowook, his eyes are fixed on Yesung and I grit my teeth. Ryeowook has on a blank expression and I don’t know what he’s feeling or thinking but the sappy look on his face when he first entered the wedding hall is all gone.

“Hyung, come here! Come on, let’s take a picture!” Donghae suddenly motions over at Yesung. “Let’s tease the YeWook fans! They’ve been begging for a selca from the both of you.”

Ryeowook and I still and quietly, I take Ryeowook’s hand under the table and give him a light squeeze. Ryeowook doesn’t respond and he’s frozen. Yesung simply nods and switches place with the other hyung.

“Come on, Wook!” Eunhyuk says pulling Ryeowook’s other hand.

Ryeowook untangle his hand with mine and gets up from the seat, expressionless. I don’t know how the other hyungs are so blind at this. Clearly, Ryeowook doesn’t like it. He’s not said a single thing since Yesung appeared. Hyungs, wake up!!

Donghae leaves a space next to Yesung and Ryeowook awkwardly takes the seat. Eunhyuk and Donghae share a half hug and pose for the camera and my blood boils like crazy when Yesung hangs his hands around Ryeowook.

“Hyung!”

Before Sungmin can even snap a photo, all of them to look at my sudden outburst. I panic, not knowing what to say. I just wanted Yesung’s hand off Ryeowook for god sake. Ryeowook’s eyes narrow at me and he silently pleads me not to cause a scene.

I chuckle awkwardly. “Ummm… Don’t you think it’d be fun if Eunhyuk hyung and Yesung hyung switch places?”

“I mean… If you want to tease the YeWook fans, might as well tease the EunHae fans as well…. Right?”

Donghae grins. “Good idea, Kyu!”

They reshuffle and I am much calmer now that Yesung is in between Eunhyuk and Donghae and that his dirty hands are far away from Ryeowook. Ryeowook still doesn’t look happy and once they snap the photo, Ryeowook quickly moves back to his original seat. Before I can say anything to comfort Ryeowook, Yesung stands up and brush his pants.

“Hey Ryeowook, come on, let’s rehearse So I one last time before manager hyung calls us to perform up there later on.” Yesung smiles.

One thing about Ryeowook is that he is always serious when it comes to singing and performing. Ryeowook will never say no to a rehearsal. Ryeowook nods without saying anything and gets up, foll

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter