Rain

Spirited
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was raining when Chanyeol first saw him, handing him an umbrella in spite of himself drenched from head to toe under the pouring rain. Chanyeol was hesitated to take it but the cold hand insisted. As the wind blew harsher, his grip to the handle tightened but it was a useless effort. It broke when the strong wind pushed him hard to the wall of his apartment building. The black umbrella broke in parts as if someone just stomped on it.

 

Their second meeting was when he pulled out a few cents from his pocket to buy a lollipop. The raging storm swallowed the town in whole and it forced him to stay inside the convenience store. Minutes later, he saw the umbrella boy came into the store, soaking wet from head down to his toes, just like how they first met. He was shivering all over due to the coldness. He rubbed both of his palms together to gather the warmth while attempting to buy a hot coffee from the vending machine but only to realize that he forgot to bring his wallet.

 

"Thanks for the umbrella you gave me the other day. Err...T-this is for you..." Nervously, Chanyeol offered him a cup of hot coffee in which the boy quickly brought to his lips and gulped the hot black liquid down his throat. He coughed a little before he gave a smile to the taller male.

 

"Cold day, isn't it?" The boy whispered in between his palms as his eyes locked to the trail of rain rolling down the window of the slightly warm store. Chanyeol gave him a quick glance before he paid attention to the comforting sound of the rain with lollipop slowly melted in his mouth. 

 

"By the way, I'm Suho." The thunder stunned and blindened his eyes for a second before his sight back to focus at the smiling man.

 

"I'm...Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol." He blinked his eyes a few times before he realized the boy has disappeared from his side and then he saw Suho waving at him from outside of the store under the rain along with the searing wind. The way he glows under the dim street light made Chanyeol wonder how can a male had him stunned by such a mesmerizing beauty? 

 

"Suho..." The name easily rolled on his tongue almost made him blush. It felt like he had called that beautiful name for more than a thousand times.

 

 

 

 

Again, the boy appeared before Chanyeol, his body wet as the rain washed all over him. Just like a few weeks ago. He bumped into Suho outside his apartment building along with a small luggage in his tiny grip.

 

"Where are you going?" Chanyeol quickly covered both of them with his black umbrella and looked into the shorter male's empty eyes. It was different than the last time they met. That shiny hazel eyes had turned dark, empty and cold. Icy cold. Like a moonless rainy night.

 

"Nowhere..." His head bowed low, looking emptily at the wet pavement under his feet. Chanyeol felt his heart throbbed at the sight of the shivering male. After a moment of silence, he brought him back to his bachelor pad and offered him a hot shower and a cup of coffee with creamer and extra sugar. 

 

"Thanks." He whispered before his eyes lingered around the quiet apartment.

 

Just a typical bachelor apartment with much less furniture. Only enough to occupy the empty space of a rather large home for a single man. Living room only contained two-seated

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter