Two - A Feeling of Remorse

The Wedding Jitters

 

 

 

 

"Siwon!" she utter the man's name with misty eyes.


The man nodded reassuring her.. giving her a warm smile.


"Jinri!" Siwon called back.. spreading his arms widely initiating a hug.. 


Key nudge her.. "You know him?" the latter asked in confusion.


Sulli just nodded.. ignoring the confuse Key as she run towards the unexpected visitor and gave the latter a hug.


"My Jinri.. I've missed you." said Siwon hugging her back.

 

"I've missed you too..." she said back.. helding his brother in a tight embrace. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Being famous wasn't on his plan... not at all. He was just the plain guy who wants to get married and live a simple life with his wife and children. Well that was him, five years ago but life doesn't always go according to plan. That atleast what he learned for the past years. He had almost lost everything... his dreams, his will to live. But he eventually find his way.. living back to what supposed to be him.  

 

The early interview reminded him of the past... reminded him of what he has to go through. He might have been miserable but he eventually come to think that what had happened was meant to be. But blame his ego for denying it during the interview. Of course, it's still a slap on the face for him that he was jilted at the altar by the only girl he had ever loved in his life. He still feel a sting... but no longer sad. Somehow he is grateful that at some point of his living, someone brought into concrete existence all the fictions and motions he have encountered. He will never forget the way she made him feel and the way he felt for her though he's now quite unsure if it was love.. 

 

There was that instance when she said to him.. "That I wasn't really inlove with her... that i was just inlove with the idea..." maybe she was right? But no one exactly knows what it was... how it felt like.The affection they had wasn't forever... forever was entirely a delusion he had labeled to their so-called relationship. 

 


Minho closes his eyes emphatically and rested the back of his head on the headrest of the car... as he let out a deep sighed. Being back in Seoul doesn't banish the chances of bumping into occurrences he had always tried to avoid all this years... occurrences that he cannot avoid eternally.       

 

"Are you okay?" said the soft angelic voice of a female beside him. Seohyun his bestfriend.. she's been with him all through the years together with Yonghwa. He has no idea how to survive if it weren't with her.

 

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just tired." he replied.  

 

"Tired? or being nostalgic... dude your now back in Korea!!" said Yonghwa whose on the wheels.

 

"Yong~ stop it. You're not helping.." Seohyun scolded.

 

"Well.. I am just reminding him of his lovely runaway bride.Who's just living nearby..." Yonghwa sarcastically said.

 

Minho let out a smirk. He knew Yonghwa was trying to provoke him.. he's been acting like a jealous boyfriend around Seo since they pick him from the airport. "Hey... did I miss something here? Like you two? Are you dating?" he asked with a furrowed brows.

 

The two went silent.. both giving each other an awkward glances. Minho just observe the two... as he has already had a hint of what happened.

 

"So you got busted again dude?" he said mockingly towards Yonghwa.

 

"Esshh.. this punk! Be thankful that I am driving right now dude.." Yonghwa said with an annoyed expression throwing his fist to him which made Seohyun chuckled on her seat.

 

"Just focus on the road Yong~." said Seohyun disregarding the topic about them.

 

"So what made you come home?" asked Yonghwa in a more serious tone this time.

 

"Did I already answer that on the interview?" he said.

 

"C'mon Minho.. you're better than that. It's not like you really wanted to be the Captain of the South Korean National Team.. do you?" said Yonghwa whose not convince with his suddenly homecoming.

 

Minho sighed. "There's no reason other than I miss my family here... and I miss you two." he said shrugging off his shoulder.

 

"You love to travel Minho... don't give us that crap." Yonghwa said which made Minho chuckled.

 

Minho shook his head. "The ever persistent Mr. Jung Yonghwa. That's why you never gets Seohyun's sweet yes." he said.

 

"Aish, if only she's not inlove with...." Yonghwa was about to say something when Seohyun yank over to cover Yonghwa's mouth. 

 

"What's that? With? Whom?" Minho asked curious of what Yonghwa was supposed to say.

 

"Nothing... don't mind him Minho. He's just hungry.." said Seohyun glaring at Yonghwa on the rearview mirror. 

 


Yonghwa made a face and shook his head... an obvious jealousy was written on his face. 

 


Minho shook his head in amusement. Things between Yonghwa and Seohyun hadn't change all this years.. the two were his friends since childhood days and the childish animosity between the two is still there. One of the things he misses in Seoul was them... and he was telling the truth when he said that he misses his family including them. Being in Seoul made him more so alive again.. he had been so focus on the game for the past years, exploring the world and thought it's about time for him to focus more on his self.. find a new love, maybe? Minho let out a silent chuckle..  Oh! the latter seem to be a silly idea though. He thought. 

 


Just what if they meet once again? Would it still be hurt?

 

Those occurences made him worries... it took him a period of time to move on and let go of whatever feelings he has for her. He was on that state when he heard his phone vibrated. He reach for it and took it out from his pocket and check if he got a message and there he goes... a message from a certain person. 

 

He felt a scruple... as he open the message. 

 


"I heard just now from the news that you're back in Seoul... hope we could meet sometime and grab some coffee. I would love to invite you personally on my most special day... hope to hear from you." 

 


Minho shrugged forcing a faint smile.... as he read the message. The sender was one of his most valuable friend... but due to some circumstances the friendship somehow been tarnished. 

 


"Is he inviting you, too?" asked Seohyun.. the lady seemed to have read his actions.


"A--huh!" he replied with a nod.


"Are you going to accept the invites?" Seohyun asked.. there was a bit of worries behind her voice.


"Why not?" he just said shrugging off.


"What if..." said Seohyun but Yonghwa butted in the conversation as he was just listening the entire time.


"Why so worry Seohyun? Can you just hide atleast your fears..." Yonghwa said in a mocking way. 


"Shut up Yong--- !!" Seohyun snap in annoyance. 

 

Minho just ignored the barking of words of the two as he read the message over and over contemplating if he would gave in to his emotions after all he was been a very good friend to him way back.. or he will just ignore the message as if he hadn't read it. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"So that Siwon is your brother?" asked Key the moment they arrived at Mache Bistro a restaurant bar nearby, were they both agreed to hang out after her emotional mini reunion with her brother at the shop. Actually it was Key's idea of bringing her there as the latter thought she needed some sort of mediation, well.. if that was the case. 

 


"Yeah.. my only brother. Why?" she said while giving her order for a drink to the barista over the counter were they both sieated. 

 

"And he is getting married?" Key's following query. 

 

Sulli nodded in response. "Are you eavesdropping?" she frowned pointing a finger at Key as if accusing him.

 


"I don't have to eavesdrop, I was just an inch away while you were two talking like you haven't seen each other for years. Or am I right?" Key said in a long rant. 

 

Sulli just gave him a faint smile... Key didn't say anything for awhile as he just stared at her. 

 

"Okay.. yes. My family and I wasn't really in talking terms since i call off my supposed wedding with...." she explained as Key was just waiting for her to confirm what he thought. 

 

"Why do I felt like I wasn't really a good friend to you all this time, for not knowing you had this conflict with your very own family. And come to think of it, I haven't even meet one of them once. Well, Siwon atleast showed out of nowhere tonight." said Key as they both interrupted for awhile by the barista as the latter put their ordered drinks on the counter. 


"Isn't he cute?" Sulli said refering to the barista who left after giving their orders. Pretending she hadn't heard what Key said.. trying to divert the conversation. 


"And now you notice someone cute.. that was a first. Love, don't you ever try to divert my attention because I am trying to be a good friend.. for tonight." said Key while toasing their glass for a cheer which made Sulli shook off her head in amusement. 


"And so you notice." she said. "What else do you wanna know?" she asked while sipping her own drink. 


"Well.. All I know is that you left your groom at the altar on the day of your wedding and you studied abroad because you were heart broken." Key said and pauses. "Why? I mean.. just because you call off the wedding?" said Key answering his own question regarding to her situation with her family. 

 

Sulli gets what Key was trying to say. "Half of it.. yes, maybe? What I did was unexpected. They wasn't expecting me to humiliate them infront of a hundreds of guests. My Mom is a socialite and she was friend with Minho's parents even before we meet each other. You have know idea how happy they are when I introduced Minho to them as my boyfriend. And that was the first time I got my Mom's approval because finally I had done something right which I blew off the moment I decided to call the wedding off.. and to top it all it almost ended my Dad's life. He had a heart attack." she paused holding back her tears and took another sip of her drink and continues. 

 

 

While Key was just listening intently to her.

 


"I ruined everything. I was the bad guy.. I am the good-for-nothing daughter of the family unlike my sister Soo-Jin who is next to Siwon, she is Mom's favorite and I am nothing compared to her. From her achievements in school.. Being my Mom's little reflection of her.. now married to a business tycoon. She took the path Mom's wanted for a perfect daughter." she recounted and smirked as she remembers those aweful days when her Mom comparing her to her older sister. But nonetheless despite of her Mom's preferential, the bond and the love she had with her siblings specially to her sister hasn't affected. It's just that she refuses to communicate with Soo-Jin and Siwon for over five years after the incident. She decided to live her life without her family as her Mom disinherit her. 

 


Key let out a sigh. "But you loved him?" he asked talking about her relationship with her past.

 

"I did." she said. 


"Did you have atleast a closure? Or you just flew without even saying goodbye?" Key asked again. 


"I think so.. we had a little confrontation over the phone." she answered with a shrugged as she don't want to recall the most painful part of her past. Saying goodbye to someone she's not ready to let go of but had to.. 

 


"And you moved on?" Key asked. 

 

Sulli nodded. "Yes.. definitely." she said. 

 

"Is that why you decline Siwon's favor? Coordinating his wedding.. your own brother's wedding to be exact." said Key. 

 

"Key.. it's a different story. I'm gonna face again my family. The people who disinherit me. Do you think they would be happy to know specially Mom that I am gonna be Siwon's wedding coordinator?" she said. 

 

"What if they already forgiven you?" said Key.

 

Sulli shook off her head. "I know my Mom, Key." she said. "Even if I wanted so much to be there for my brother.. I wouldn't dare." she said. 

 

"You said your Mom is friend with your ex's family. Is that what you're afraid of? You're afraid you might cross path again?" Key said. 

 

 

Exactly what she thought... 

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                            

                                                                                                                                                                                                            

                                                                                                                                                                                                            

                                                                                                                                                                                                            


 

 

shout out for @kayebee i miss you chingoo! thanks for the lovely poster <3

 

hi there... it's been a long time since I last posted here..

here's a short chapter... 

 

 

and of course ...

comments and upvotes are much appreciated!

 

thank y'all loveys... enjoy reading!                      

 

=)