One - After Five Years

The Wedding Jitters

 

 

 


Sulli had vision herself having kids at the age of 29. Well, she's 29 single and the last relationship she had was 5 years ago. She's supposedly married with her one true love, maybe a mother of two or three kids by now.. if only she hadn't runaway from that day. She sighed with the thought... it's too late to have regrets but she do regret that day. 


She was on that state when someone nudge her.


"Hey! Stop day dreaming.. we had a costumer!" said Key.


"I'm not day dreaming..." she said defensively.


"Yeah, right. You're not, but you always have that look on your face everytime were covering a wedding." said Key which made her flustered. Because he was right. Weddings reminded her that she once were a bride. 


She didn't talk, she just stared at him and shook her head.


"You are married?" their costumer for a bride butted in. She gave Key a dagger look before she turn to the bride. 


Sulli smiled. "No.. I'm not." she plainly answered as she continue doing her make up.


"Yeah.. she's not but she was supposed to.." Key said not giving up.


"C'mon Key.. I'm not doing this?!" she warned.


"Alright.. I'll stop.. actually, she's not married and very single at the moment. Maybe you can introduce him with one of your groomsmen." Key tactlessly said which made the bride laugh.


Sulli can only shook her head.. she can never win with his bluntness. 


After she jilted her wedding.. many things had happened. Confrontation with her groom who's now an "ex"... Her Dad had a .. her Mom disinherited her. She has no place to go back to.. so she went abroad to start over and took up a vocational course as a make up artist. She met Kim Kibum or Key her super gayish friend who became her business partner. That was just the summary of five years... but she went through a lot. Just when she thought she didn't regret anything.. well, ask her again. Because there's always a part of her that regret all the things she missed that day.. like everything. Him... her family.. her friends. She lost a lot... but what done is done. Important decisions in life was never easy and she made her choice... so she can only be happy with that, well.. if she is? that's a question. Because all this time she felt she'd been missing life a lot. But this is what her life now... and she should stop looking back. 

 

"Don't mind her honey... you should not worry yourself finding me a date. It's your wedding day, say no stress!" she said to the bride. 


"Yeah, honey she was right. So you won't be like someone here who jilted her groom on their wedding day.. because she got cold feets." said Key who was obviously implying something.


"Like again Key? Seriously... just focus taking photos/videos whatsoever... instead." she said pissed. 


"You did that?" asked the bride.


"Yes I did, that was five years ago and I wasn't proud of it.. so you better not do what I did back then.. coz..." she paused. "Never mind... it's done. I mean you're make up is done... see you look perfect!" she said smiling at the bride through their reflection on the mirror... trying to change the subject. The bride seemed to be satisfied as she smile back at her and forgot asking her with following questions.


"Thank you Ms. Sulli. You're really good at this..." said the bride. 


"So let's proceed.. with the gown. Shall we?" she said leading the bride to the dressing room. But before that she nudge Key.


"Yah---! what do you think you're doing? Do you want to ruin my image with our clients by telling the whole world that I was once a runaway bride?" she said scowling at him.


"It's nothing like that love.. what I'm trying to tell you is, you should stop depriving yourself from having a good life... you should go out and date." said Key.


"Are we there again? Seriously?" she said, since they became friends Key wouldn't stop from yammering about it. "Go and Date"... like she can't count it on her head any more on how many times she heard that phrase. Key raised an eyebrow and nodded at her. 


"Then Kibum would you have a date with me?" she asked instead.. so the latter would stop from telling her what she supposed to do with her life.


Key's eyes widen as if it was the most horrible thing he ever heard.. he shake off his shoulder. "Eeerrr..." he said. "That's disgusting!!" he added with a sour face.


"Then you should stop... because you are the only person I wanted to go out on a date." she said. "And oh, it should be a romantic one." she added, teasing him..and she succeeded as she almost laugh out loud seeing Key's expression. He obviously dislike the idea.. Sulli shook her head and proceeded to the dressing room before Key throw something on her. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Awesome Events"  a full-service event planning company that provides complete planning, consulting, and supervision for Social gatherings. Her and Key's business, it has been running smoothly for almost 4 years. If not with the latter's persuasion she has no idea where she was now or what she was doing with her life at present. Maybe she was still out of the country or she already entered the convent.. well the last part was, at some point she thought of that but then Key saved her. It supposed to be a calling not because she's heartbroken.. or something. 

 


"Ssul aren't you done there?" Key asked from downstair.


"In a minute!" she yelled checking all her stuff as she's looking for something.


"Hurry... I still have a date!" Key yelled back.


Sulli shook her head from what the lad said. "I think I lost my car keys." she yelled checking every corner of their office. She throw it somewhere on her table when she arrived that morning since she was in a hurry and maybe it was misplaced and now she couldn't find it. 


"It's because you're so disorganized. Try to clean your area..!" she heard Key rants. "I'll wait for you down here..!" Key added.

 

"Ugh.. where is it?" she muttered looking around the area. "Oh there you go..." she said after a second as she finally found her lost key's inside the trash bin. She was on that state when she heard Key screamed.

 

 

"Sulli----------!!!!" Key's voice which made Sulli hurriedly went down.

 

"What happened---?" she asked. 


Key pointed his finger towards the TV without saying anything. Sulli furrowed as she followed the lad's gesture.. she look at the screen trying to understand what he wanted her to see.

 

"What--?" she asked as she hadn't seen anything interesting with the news.

 

"What-- what? Look he's back..." said Key.


"Who?" she asked clueless.


"Your ex. Choi Minho, right? It's him?" Key said pointing out the person who's now on the television screen having an interview. 

 

 

 

Sulli stared blankly on the TV screen.. she must admit he has still impact on her. How could her heart forget when Minho was the only man she loved since then.. but she chooses the life without him. Looking at him now there's no any trace that he suffered from a tremendous heartache caused by her.. the cheerful guy she knew five years ago was still the same. He just gotten more matured and confident than he was before. The most self-effacing guy she had known is now the Captain of the South Korean National Team. She never thought he would pursue his passion for football.. in just five years he has already followed the foot step of Park Ji-Sung being the second Asian footballer to have won the FIFA World Cup... which lead him to be able to play accross the midfield and known for his exceptional passion for football. 

 

"Your now back in South Korea.. does this mean your coming back for good?" asked the interviewer.


"I wasn't even gone in the first place... I have been travelling for tournaments, it's my duty as an international player. " Choi Minho explained. 


"How about retirement Captain Choi.. have you thought of settling down?" asked the interviewer. 

 

A bittersweet smile curved her lips.. the interview seemed gone personal and she doesn't want to hear it as she turn her back and just return to what she was doing earlier.


"Hey.. where are you going? Wait here... the interview isn't finish yet." Key yelled at her but she ignored him.

 

Sulli sigh... she doesn't need to hear anything about his personal life. She choosen not to be updated. It is enough that she knew some things about him. But Key wasn't a big help though.. as he turned the volume louder for her to hear Choi Minho's answer.

 


"Retiring is too early for now, but marriage? I'm actually thinking about it as I'm not getting any younger. Having a family of my own is one of my priorities." Choi Minho stated.

 

"As we've heard you were supposed to get married before but your fiancee runaway the day of your wedding was that true?" asked the interviewer which made Sulli cringe on her post... she held her breath for a moment as she waited for his answer... she suddenly wanted to go back down and watch him on the tv screen so she could see his reaction. 

 

She heard Minho let out a chuckle. "N-no.. I was never engaged." his answer.. which made her nod as he actually denied it. Why would he even admit it when it was all in the past.. he probably discarded that phase of his life a long time ago. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sulli suddenly drawn overthinking... whether she could have done things differently.. Brooding over whether there's a chance to win him back.. and prove her worth again. She let out a sigh.. shaking her head as she remember how she became particularly nasty at the end.. leaving him in a heaping mess. As he took all the burden of the situation on his shoulder as she held no accountabilty while making arrangements to move on with her life without giving him the exact reason why she'd left. It was solely her fault... and precisely her choice. 

 

She was on that state when Key... patted her shoulder. 

 

"Are you okay love?" Key asked.


Sulli wiped the tears run down her cheeks trying to hide it from him.. she cleared . "Yeah.." she said and nodded to assure him. "It's closing time.. we should get going." she said as she clear out her things from her table. 

 


"Do you still love him after all this years?" Key asked suddenly.

 

"Key? Please...?" she said.. stopping him from asking anything about it... about him.. about the past. About the most stupid thing she had ever done in her life.. 

 

Key throw his hand in resignation.. "I was just curious.." he said with a rolled eyes as he knew her when she doesn't want to talk about something. 

 


Sulli shook her head as she headed down the stairs... following Key. 

 

They look at each other when the door suddenly opened as they both weren't expecting any client at this late.. Sulli gasps as she turn her gaze to the person standing at their doorstep.

 

 

"Siwon!" Sulli utter.. with misty eyes.

 

The man nodded reassuring her... giving her a warm smile.. 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

okay this is too short for a chapter one.. kkk i am just back from the dead.. it's been awhile chingoo's! and really sorry for giving you a short update... i'm still warming up.. tho :) 

 

here's for now.. 

 

 

this chapter is still a puzzle... yeah! :)

 

 

comments... and upvotes are appreciated..

 

thanks y'aLL!!