D.O and Robin's Fairy tale

Don't Go

D.O had been shopping for groceries when he saw her. He was stunned at the simplicity of this gorgeous creature. She had her long brown hair pulled back in a ponytail, from what he could tell she had little to no make up on, her skin was fair, her crystal blue eyes were gazing off into the distance, she was very small for a person, D.O almost considered her to be too young for him, if she had pulled out a credit card to pay for her groceries earlier. She was wearing plain jeans with a simple peach blouse and light tan cardigan, and a pair of worn black Doc Martins.

He was so entranced by this dreamer that he hadn't realized he was following her until she turned to him as she stopped at the front door of what D.O assumed was her house. It was small, quaint, and fairly neat on the outside. 

"Would you like to come in for some tea?" She asked with a gentle smile. D.O stared at her dumbly, stunned by her sweet smile.

"Umm... N-Ne, I, um..." He stuttered. D.O had never been good with talking with the opposite unless they were twice his age or half it. This little foreign girl had some how cast a spell on him with her gentle demeanor. 

She unlocked to door and they entered. While the outside was clean and orderly, the inside was a whole other story. Books, books, and more books was all her could see. They were lined up half hazard ly on the giant wall book cases lining the living room, parlour, even the hall ways from what he could see. They were piled in stacks on the floor by the chair. On top the coffee table I a mini pyramid, even stack underneath it. Some looked brand new, and others were worn and falling apart from being read so much. He just happened to glance up at the staircase to see books laying there neatly pushed aside so one could walk up and down. 

"Sorry for the clutter. I've been very busy writing and grading and teaching..." She shurgged as she led me to the kitchen which was very small, and seemed to be rarely used for it was so clean. She put her groceries away quickly and began brewing the tea. 

"Um, so..." D.O tried to start a conversation, but he didn't really know how. Aish, Kai'll never let him live this down. 

"My name is Robin, what's yours?" She said blinking innocently at me.

"Kyungsoo." He blurted out, forgetting to use his nickname. She giggled.

"That reminds me of a kangaroo." She smiled at him childishly. D.O could only stare into her eyes in awe. She didn't move, just stood there smiling at him sweetly. This girl, she was strange, but so... Enchanting. They were broken from their trance when a high pitched whistle signaling that the tea was done broke the silence.

She poured them both a cup into porcelain tea cups witha soft blue designs of a bouquet on the side. They sipped at the hot tea in comfortable silence. It was nice to just sit and enjoy Robin's endearing presence as she enjoyed D.O's company. 

The tea was just as sweet as Rpbin's smile. While she was odd, she was endearing and genuine, and D.O appreciated that. When they finished their drinks, he offered to help her wash the dishes. She would rinse, and he would dry and set the delicate cups on the shelf where they belonged. 

"So, what do you do, Kyungsoo Ah?" Robin asked him after clearing the couch in the living room for them to sit. 

"I work at a coffee shop while I go to culinary school. And, you?"

"I teach literature and poetry writing at the University. I also write my own stories." She smiled as she thought about her job. She seemed very happy with her choice. D.O smiled as well. "what do you plan on doing after you finish culinary school?"

"I plan on opening my own restaurant with the help of my father." He replied. "What kind of stories do you write?"

"hmm, I usually write fantasy. You know like dragons, and elves, and fairies. Knights in shining arm our, kings and queens. That kind of thing. I enjoy it very much. But sometimes I write in other genres as well, depending on my mood."

And the conversation went on like this for many hours. She would answer his question and ask one in return, the he would answer and ask and the cycle repeated. Sometimes they would be animated, talking excitedly, and other times they were calm and collected. Before long, they both were fast asleep on the couch.

Robin was leaning against D.O's chest while he held a protective arm around her waist to keep her from rolling off of him onto the stack of books below. 

For the next three months D.O and Robin would take walks through the park discussing books, and telling stories about each other's pasts and how their day went, and what not. Eventually, D.O worked up the courage to officially ask Robin out on a date.... We won't talk about the humiliating details in which Kai and Chanyeol, two of D.O's close friends followed them to find out what D.O had been up to for the past few months which ended in all four of them soaking wet. But, Robin had enjoyed it, laughing all the while as Kai and Chanyeol were scolded for interrupting their date and Kai and Chanyeol teasing D.O for having a secret girlfriend. 

Three months turned into two years, D.O had successfully opened up a traditional Koream styled cuisine restaurant with a bakery on the side as well. And Robin had been published several of her books which became very popular.

D.O had moved in with Robin, since her house was much bigger than his dinky apartment, and had been living there for six months. Now all he had to do was ask her... The Question.

"Come on, Hyung. It can't be that hard." Kai insisted as he watched D.O panic as he tried to figure out how to propose to Robin.

"One day, Kai, you will be in the same predicament as me, and you will come crawling to me for advice, and I won't give it to you." D.O threatened menacingly, at least for a short guy like him. Kai shrugged in denial.

"Yeah right. Kid's going to be a player for the rest of his life." Chanyeol snorted. Chen nodded in agreement to the giant.

"D.O, you said that Robin is pretty simplistic. Why not just be simple...?" Xiumin said softly. D.O paused and contemplated his words.

"Hyung... You're a genius!" D.O exclaimed before hurrying out the door. "Thanks!"

"What just happened?" Tao asked as he stirred from his nap.

"D.O Hyung figured out how to propose to Robin Noona... I think." Kai explained. Tao shrugged and went back to sleep.

D.O was nervous... He had everything just right for this to work. It was nine in the evening and D.O and Robin usually stayed up for another thirty minutes to just talk and drink some evening tea. It was his turn to make the tea, so he slipped some light sleeping meds into Robin's cup so she wouldn't wake while he executed his plan.

"Hmm, I feel really tired tonight." Robin yawned sleepily as she started to lean against D.O's shoulder. He smiled and hoisted her up in his arms. She was so tiny and delicate looking in his arms. He carried her up to their bedroom and laid her on the bed and tucked her in. He opened the dwar of her nightstand and held the little velvet box in his hand. He slipped the pale silver ring out of the box and gingerly slid it onto Robin's left ring finger.

He smiled, Robin was the most alert in the morning and would immediately notice the ring's presence on her finger. D.O wasn't quite sure hoe she would react, but, he hoped for the best as he lay down beside her to sleep.

Robin didn't know what to think. She had been awak for ten minutes now, and was too excited to look at her hand to confirm the odd heaviness around her finger. Kyungsoo was asleep beside her, she was watching him as he slept with an angelic smile on his heart shaped lips. 

Robin could tell you the exact moment that she fell in love with Do Kyungsoo. It was when he blatantly followed her all the way to her house like a little puppy. He was most definitely attractive, and he was a sweet and honest man. He was her Kangaroo, her snuggle buddy, and best of all, he loved her too. It had been a long time since Robin felt loved. With her parents all the way back home in Australia, she felt very lonely, but she loved writing and teaching. 

She didn't know why she invited Kyungsoo into her home, he was just a random stranger who followed her, but she was glad she did.

"I do." Robin whispered softly as she curled up against Kyungsoo. She swore she heard his heart flutter excitedly in his chest, but his face never changed. She smiled as she studied the beautiful ring on her finger. Inscribed on the bottom was 'My Fairytale'. Kyungsoo knew her like no one else.

"I love you." He whispered as he pressed a kiss to her temple. Robin smiled.

"Our fairy tale."