Suho and Mei Li's Courage

Don't Go

Joon Myun was never one to think about dating, especially since Exo's debut last year. But, he's never told anyone why he like to go the the little park every Saturday afternoon for a whole hour. It was a regular occurance, even during his trainee years. His excuse was always 'it's nice, and I have some free time.' But, everyone noticed that he only went on Saturdays. 

Suho smiled and he sat down on his regular bench by the fork in the running path. Any minute now she would come.  He pulled out his book and started to read noticing the faint presence of the person he's been waiting for. He smiled and looked over at the young woman who seemed to have stolen his heart. She didn't know him, but it was easy for him to watch her. She couldn't see, she had been born blind, but that didn't hinder her natural beauty. 

Suho didn't know the girl's name. She didn't even know he existed. But, for a whole hour, Suho could sit beside her and enjoy her calming aura. 

Mei Li always knew what her surroundings were, even though she was blind. She had grown a sixth sense over the years, being able to automatically sense another person. And, there is only one that has caught her attention. A man, he always sat at her bench every Saturday. At first he would be reading, but then her would stop. She may be blind, but Mei Li was not deaf, nor stupid. He never spoke to her, in fact, he seemed kind of shy to talk with her. She always wanted to know what his voice sounded like.

Mei Li was just as cowardly, though. She was scared of rejection, he knew she was blind, that's why he would stare at her so openly. But, would he want a blind girl? Was he even her age? What if he was some creeper. Mei Li sighed in defeat quietly before getting up, what's the point of waiting for him to make a move.

as Mei Li moved to walk down the path to her apartment, Suho jumped up. She was leaving thirty minutes earlier than usual. He felt a sudden burst of courage as he grabbed her hand to stop her.

"Yah, wait." He said softly, "W...What's your name?" He asked. Mei Li paused, he finally spoke to her after all these years.

"Mei Li." She replied. "What's yours?"

"Joon Myun... Don't go, please stay for a little bit." Suho begged the girl.

"I... Okay." She said as she sat back down beside him on the bench.

They both lost track of time as they talked, and laughed, and shared sentiments. Falling in love under sparkling stars in the park on the bench by the fork in running path.

"I'll walk you home, Mei Li Ah." Suho said as he stood up, realizing how late it was. The others were probably worried now.

"Sure, Joonie Ah." Mei Li smiled as they looped arms together. It turned out, Mei Li's apartment building was just two blocks from both the park and Exo's dorm building. 

"goodnight, Mei Li." Suho smiled down at the dark haired girl. He was finally taller than someone. Without thinking he bent down and kissed her cheek. A deep blush grew across her soft cheeks.

"Goodnight, Joon Myun." She smiled and leaned up to kiss his cheek. "I'll see you next Saturday?"

"N-Ne!" Suho stuttered cutely. He watched Mei Li as she entered the apartment complex before turning and walking back to the dorm with a wide smile on his face.

"Hyung! You're back." Tao cried as he hugged Suho tightly. 

"Yah! Hyung, never do that again, we were worried for you." Baekhyun scolded him as he checked Suho over while the others greeted him. All the while he was smiling. 

"Hyung, why were you so late?" Kai asked.

"Just because." Suho shrugged as he went to bed. "I didn't want to go."