Sequel - Date gone wrong

Dating a cry-baby

Minseok took one last look at his outfit before cursing softly under his breath.  

 

 

Taking off the shirt he had just put on, he looked at the mess he had made on the floor.  

 

 

Piles of clothes covered the floor and normally, he would have been annoyed at having such a mess anywhere in his apartment, but today was a special day. He was going to meet up with Luhan for another date. 

 

 

 

Just the thought of the other boy made him smile. They had been dating for over a month now, going out on both more formal and casual dates as the weeks had passed by. 

 

 

 

During this time he had learnt more and more about Luhan, as well as fallen deeper and deeper in love with him. He loved everything from how the boy's eyes would twinkle when he laughed to how he would blush brightly when Minseok kissed him on the cheek or pecked his lips. 

 

 

None of them had asked the other to become their boyfriend. It was a title which they had given each other quite naturally after a little while. And nobody could deny that these two were perfect for one another. 

 

 

 

"Gosh, why can't I just find something that makes me look like I put an effort into getting dressed, but without making it look formal? I can't wear at suit to a movie night after all..." 

 

 

 

Taking a quick look at his watch, his eyes almost bulged out from his skull as he realized he was supposed to be at Luhan's apartment in half an hour. 

 

 

 

"Oh my god, this can't be happening! I promised him to buy us ice cream on my way there as well. I'll never make it in time now". 

 

 

 

Taking his phone from his bag, he quickly typed in a short message for Luhan to know that he was sorry, but he was going to be a little late. Throwing the phone back into his bag, he then put on the first clean t-shirt he could find before running out of he apartment like a mad man. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Luhan! I'm so sorry I'm late but could you please let me in? I'm sorry I was late again but I couldn't decide what to wear. Please let me in, it's freezing out here!" 

 

 

When nobody answered the door after about five more minutes of knocking and shouting, Minseok sat down in front of his boyfriend's apartment. He had arrived to Luhan's place about 15 minutes ago, but the younger boy refused to open the door. Nor did he answer Minseok's desperate apologies. 

 

 

Minseokdidn't know what to do. This wasn't like Luhan at all. He admitted, he had been late to a date or two, but the other boy had just laughed at him when he had tried to apologize. That's why the other boy's suddenly cold treatment was very unexpected. 

 

 

Minseok was still thinking about how to make Luhan forgive him when the door suddenly opened to reveal a pink/blond - haired boy, clad in nothing but sweatpants and a white t-shirt. 

 

 

"Minseok?" 

 

 

Minseok's eyes went wide as he looked over his boyfriend. The other looked like he was about to pass out any minute now, his face flushed and eyes droopy. 

 

 

Taking Luhan by the shoulder, he gently steered the other boy into the apartment and closed the door behind them. He then led Luhan to his bedroom where he sat the boy down on his fluffy bed. 

 

 

 

Sitting down next to him, he put a hand to Luhan's forehead only to find it burning hot. 

 

 

Just as he was about to make the boy lie down, the other sneezed before coughing loudly. 

 

 

 

"What happened Luhan? Why didn't you tell me you were sick so I could have come here earlier to look after you?"  

 

 

 

He treaded his fingers through Luhan's sweaty hair, deciding that he'd have to help the other take a bath later.  

 

 

 

"I-I did text you earlier, telling you not to come here or you'd get sick too. I fell asleep after that and woke up when you knocked on my door". 

 

 

 

"You silly deer. If you're sick you should tell me. There is no way I can just sit home and do nothing knowing that you need help. Now, let's go get you washed up and then I'll cook some soup for you okay?" 

 

 

 

With a little help from MinseokLuhan was able to strip down to his boxers before the other left him alone in the bathroom to get cleaned up. Luhan was still too shy to show himself to his boyfriend. 

 

 

 

While the little deer was taking his bath, Minseok put the ice cream he had bough earlier into the freezer and then began to prepare some soup for the sick boy. He decided to go with some easy-to-make vegetable soup, the one he always made for himself or his friends if they ever got sick. 

 

 

When his soup was declared done, he returned to the bathroom to make sure that Luhan hadn't drowned or something like that. Entering the bathroom, he chuckled as he saw his boyfriend out of the tub, snoozing off while he was still trying to get dressed. 

 

 

"Come here silly. You have to eat before you sleep okay? Your body needs food to heal". 

 

 

Getting nothing but a nod from the other as he helped him get dressed, he then held Luhan by the waist and led him to the living room. Once he had tucked Luhan into a warm blanket and dried his hair dry with a towel, he fetched a bowl of the soup he had made. Feeding Luhan, who continued to fall asleep every ten seconds, took a while but he ate the whole bowl of soup in the end. By the time he had washed the bowl and put the rest of the soup in the refrigerator, Luhan had fallen asleep on the couch, head lolling forward onto his chest. 

 

 

Xiumin smiled at his cute little Lulu as he picked him up easily and brought him back to the warmth of his bed. Tucking him in with several blankets, he his hair a couple of times before he returned to the living room to watch some late-night television shows. 

Finding a channel he was content with, he watched it before his eyes began to fail him, and he too went off to dreamland. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was in the early morning hours that Minseok was awakened by the remote to the television falling out of his hand, and down on the floor with a clatter. Realizing that he had fallen asleep while still sitting up, he shut off the television and decided that there was no use in going back to sleep now anyways.  

 

 

Deciding that he'd better check up on Luhan, he took a glass of water and some fever-reducers and headed for Luhan's bedroom. 

 

 

Quietly stepping inside the room, he closed the door behind himself and tip-toed over to his boyfriend. The curtain wasn't pulled down and so he had a clear view of the room without having to turn the lights on. Putting the water and the pills on the bedside table, he focused his attention on the sick boy in the bed.  

Luhan didn't look like he was getting any better, the opposite actually. He was sweating and whining in his sleep, and his face seemed extremely bothered and restless. 

 

 

 

"Lulu, wake up. You need to take some medicine and drink some water". Bringing a hand to Luhan's sweaty forehead, he felt Luhan shiver from the contact, before he opened his eyes.  

His eyes were glazed over with fever and his gaze wasn't focused. Keeping his eyes opened seemed to be a huge struggle, so Minseok set to work quickly. 

 

 

"Here Lulu, you need to take these to lower your fever". He brought the two pills to Luhan's swollen lips, and watched carefully as Luhan swallowed after taking a sip of water. Once Luhan had drank the whole glass of water, Minseok let Luhan close his eyes once again as he went back to the kitchen. Filling a bowl with cool water, he then went to the bathroom and took out a couple of small towels from the cupboard. 

 

 

Returning to the bedroom, he looked at Luhan with sad eyes. It was the first time Luhan was sick since he had met him, and it was quite scary to watch him suffer like this. 

 

He sat himself down on the edge of Luhan's bed, and brought a wet towel to Luhan's forehead. Gently wiping away the sweat, he watched as Luhan shivered at the coldness, until he got used to it and relaxed a bit more. Minseok then gently pulled up Luhan's shirt and began to wipe the sweat off his chest as well. It had began to dry on his skin and it was bound to be itchy and uncomfortable. 

 

 

As the fever-reducers and the cold towels did it's job, Luhan soon began to sail off to dreamland once again, this time looking more relaxed and with a slightly lower body-temperature. 

 

 

"Why did you have to get sick like this Lulu, I'm getting really worried. Should I take you to the hospital?" 

 

 

Not being able to face such a dilemma by himself, he decided to call a trustworthy friend. Jongdae. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Minseok? Why the heck are you calling me at this hour? It's freaking 3AM!" Minseok could hear the annoyance and sleep in his best friend's voice. He actually felt really bad for calling him since he knew that Jongdae was going to take the early morning shift at the café. but he really needed to talk to him. 

 

 

"I'm really sorry man, but I need your advice". 

 

 

"Seriously?! Alright here's my advice. No, you shouldn't do the dirty with Luhan just yet. As you know, he is as innocent as a child and-" 

 

 

"That's not what I'm calling about! Geez Jongdae". His cheeks blossomed bright red before he composed himself. "I'm calling because Luhan is sick and I don't know if I should take him to the hospital or not. He has a pretty high fever...". 

 

 

"Luhan-hyung is sick? Well, if he doesn’t seem like he's dying, wait until morning and if he doesn't seem to get better at all, call the hospital for some guidance. There is no use in taking him there if they can't do anything more than what you can already do at home". 

 

 

"I guess you're right. Thank you Jongdae, really. I'm sorry for disturbing you, go back to sleep". 

 

 

"Don't sweat it man. Just take care of Luhan alright?" 

 

 

"You don't have to remind me to do that Jongdae and you know it". 

 

 

After saying their goodbyes, Minseok threw the phone onto the living room couch and once again returned to Luhan's bedroom. Luhan was still sleeping peacefully as Minseok changed the cold towel on his forehead, making sure to wipe away the sweat which kept on coming out of Luhan's small body. 

 

 

When he had finally tucked Luhan in once again and was sitting on a chair he had dragged beside the bed, he leaned onto his arms as he observed the sick boy in front of him. 

 

 

"You'll be all better in the morning Luhan. I know you will. Fighting..." 

 

 

Exhaustion took over Minseok as well, as he listened to Luhan's heavy breathing and fell asleep by his side. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When Minseok woke up later in the morning, bothered by the sunlight that hit his yes through the window, he felt like somebody had thrown a piano at his head. His neck was aching from the uncomfortable position he had slept in and his arms were numb. Shaking them back to life, he then turned his head to take a look at his sick boyfiend. 

 

 

Only to be met by a pair of watery eyes and a warm smile. 

 

 

"Good morning Minseok". 

 

 

"Luhan. You're awake". Luhan only rolled his eyes at him and chuckled, as if telling Minseok to stop stating the obvious. 

 

 

"I guess I am. I had such a nice nurse to take care of me". 

 

 

"Yeah, I guess it became quite a different kind of date than we had planned". 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Something in Luhan's eyes snapped as those words left Minseok's mouth, and his expression immediately turned guilty and sad. 

 

 

"I'm so sorry Minseok. You stressed to get here on time and even waited out in the cold for me to open the door. And then you had to take care of me even after having such a long day at work when we were supposed to relax and have fun. And now you had to sleep in that position just to-" 

 

 

"Luhan stop! You're just upsetting yourself. You're crying..." Minseok carefully reached up to dab away Luhan's tears with his soft thumbs, not liking how Luhan got upset over nothing. 

 

 

"S-since you always prepared such nice dates for me I-I wanted to do that too for once. So I was making us dinner b-but I forgot to buy soya and eggs so I had to go back to the store in the rain but the I couldn't even give it to you because I got sick and-" 

 

 

"You went out in the rain?! Luhan it's been freezing outside for the last couple of days! I was about to get frostbite on my just by waiting for you to open the door yesterday. What were you thinking?" 

 

 

"I'm sorry... I just w-wanted to do something for you for once. You're always so good to m-me and always try to make me h-happy so I just wanted to make you happy as well". 

 

 

Luhan cried for a long time after that. Minseok had quickly moved up onto the bed and sat down beside Luhan, holding him protectively in his warm embrace. He had gotten used to Luhan crying a lot by now, and sometime he thought it was kind of cute. Like when there had been a spider under the kitchen table at Minseok's apartment and Luhan had jumped up on the kitchen counter, wailing like a child. 

 

 

But that was a different kind of crying. The kind of crying which would make Minseok chuckle softly at him and coo and hug him until he felt better. The kind that made Minseok want to spoil Luhan with ice-cream and cuddle him until he stopped. 

 

 

 

But the way Luhan was crying now was a different kind of crying. This was the kind that made Minseok want to slay anybody who dared to hurt Luhan. The kind that made his heart break because he knew that Luhan was in pain and in need of warmth. The kind that made Minseok want to cry himself... 

 

A while later, when Luhan's cried had turned into sniffles, Minseok decided to speak up. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Luhannie I'm sorry I raised my voice at you, I was just worried. I know you meant well, but you didn't have to put your own health at risk just to make me happy mmm? You do know that nothing makes me more happy than just being with you right? I don't need a fancy dinner or anything like that for me to relax and have good time. If I just get to be with you and hug you, I'm already having a good time". 

 

 

"Y-you mean it? You're having a good time, j-just by being with me?" 

 

 

Planting a soft kiss on Luhan's lips, not caring if he got sick or not, Minseok smiled softly at Luhan. 

 

 

"Of course I mean it silly. I love you so much, you know that right?" 

 

 

Minseok almost began to panic as Luhan's eyes welled up with a fresh round of tears, slowly spilling over as Luhan looked into his eyes. 

 

 

"I-I love you t-too Minseokkie. So, so much!" He had barely finished his confession when he broke down in more sobs, hugging Minseok for dear life. 

 

 

 

Minseok just chuckled, but then smiled warmly at the shaking angel in his arms. 

 

 

 

"Aigoo such a cry-baby. You cry when you're sad and you cry when you're happy, is there no off-button?" 

 

 

His teasing seemed to go by unnoticed, as Luhan continued on crying, relieved that Minseok still loved him after all. 

 

 

"When you're done crying, let's heat up that dinner you made me and enjoy it together okay? We can still have our date". 

 

 

"Mmm..." 

 

 

"And Lulu". 

 

 

"Y-yes Minseok?" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I love you". 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: I'm sorry that it took so long, but I've had so much trouble finding time to write this and when I did, I wasn't happy with it at all. So I had to rewrite it (_           _) 

 

Hope you guys enjoyed it anyway and I hope I didn't disappoint you ^^ 

 

 

Please make sure to comment and upvote, it would make me really happy!