A meal

Can You Still Belong To Me, Even If You Don't Want To?

Warning: as I was writing this I realized I changed the pov a couple of times.... sorry lmao. I'm not a professional writer or a good writer, I just write this for fun so obviously there will be many mistakes. I tried to fix it but if you see that or encounter other mistakes I'm sorry lol. I reread my last chapter. I wanted to fix it but rather than doing that I thought to just move on because if I fixed it i think all my inspiration would go to changing my story and than i wouldnt be updating a new chapter and i kinda wanted to update more than fix... hahaha probably not the best choice. Anyways I'm rambling just wanted to put a warning.

Donghae woke up with a loud groan. He hadn't drunk as muh as usual but mixing drinks was the worst choice he made. His headache was the only thing he could focus on. As he lifted his head from the warmth was radiating on his cheeks, there was unusual moisture when he lifted his head from his pillow. He twisted in his bed, the warmth was too much. He was used to the coldness. As Donghae moved he noticed the bump on his pillow. It wasn't the usual softness but the feeling of skin and bones. It finally registered to his head there was an arm underneath his head. Was another one night stand? He thought back to the previous night. He remembered almost having a one-night stand. A visitor came in late at night... Eunhyuk.

With this newly discovered information, Donghae sat up as stealthily as possible. He walked to his drawers, grabbed his clothing, and bolted to the restroom. Once inside he began cursing to himself. Why had he allowed Eunhyuk to stay? He was a grown man. He could have easily gone home, sure with some trouble but he knew he'd make it. Why had he insisted that he share his bed? Out of everything else he could have done why did he think that was a good idea? He groaned thinking about how he had also offered to make breakfast. Seriously what is up with me? There was literally no point in doing that. Sure Eunhyuk was someone significant in his life but that was than this is now. We aren't close. He doesn't know the me today. Heck I don't know much about him either. Its as if we are completely different people.

Donghae washed his face and brushed his teeth repeatedly for what seemed like hours. In reality only five minutes had passed. His thoughts and conflicting feelings was leaving him with a tightening feeling in his chest. He didn't know what to do with himself other than clean over and over. Another new habit he developed after sleeping with random strangers. After calming himself down, Donghae dressed himself. He counted until ten, making sure he was no longer showing any signs of having a mini-meltdown.

Donghae entered his room and found Eunhyuk still asleep. The way the sun was hitting his blonde hair, snoring with mouth agape, and his whole body taking over the queen sized bed made Eunhyuk looks so youthful. As if he hadn't aged these past years. Donghae found himself feeling as if he somehow had traveled to the past or in an alternative universe. One where Eunhyuk was his and he belonged to Eunhyuk.

Wouldn't that be nice? .... such a coward.

Donghae made his way into the kitchen to prepare breakfast for the two. He wasn't much of a cook but for the first time in a while, he found himself smiling at the thought of preparing a meal for someone else. It had been a while since he last shared a homemade meal with someone else.

Eunhyuk stirred in bed. He woke up feeling full of energy. Energy that he hadn't felt in years. When he opened it his eyes, it hit him. He hadn't felt this way since he last woke with Donghae wrapped around him.

Donghae's scent surrounded him, he felt so much bliss. Eunhyuk turned around wrapping his arms around Donghae's pillow. He inhaled deeply and slowly. He didn't want to let go of this feeling. One night spent sleeping peacefully in Donghae's bed was all that Eunhyuk needed to further deepen his resolve. There was no way in hell he was going to let Donghae escape. He would do whatever he could to have him in his arms once more. This time he would not let an old woman or anyone else pry them away. They were meant to be. The universe was pulling them together and by god he was not going to pull away this time. Eunhyuk smirked into the pillow as he squeezed it one last time. With a spring in his steps he put on his clothing from last night, brushed his teeth, and washed his face in a new record. Every second that he spent away from Hae was a second spent away from the love of his life.

He quietly stepped into the kitchen area where Donghae was currently cooking breakfast. He took in the sight. It made his chest ache. The longer he stared the more he wanted to touch. He knew he couldn't reach out just yet but the feeling was so overwhelming. No doubt this was the man he has been in love with all these years. The man who he foolishly let go. The man that stirred everything inside him with just one look.

How stupid had he been to not realize it sooner? He couldn't stop kicking himself over the fact that he let so many years go by without noticing him. For so long had Hae been waiting patiently for his best friend to notice him. He waited for so long for Eunhyuk to turn around and realize that Hae desired him completely. Eunhyuk laughed at himself. Now I'm at the other end. It had only been a day since he realized that he still loved Donghae. Since than it had been a torture to not reach out to him. He couldn't imagine how Donghae was able to cope with that feeling. This realization only added to the admiration and love he felt for Donghae.

"Do you need help?" Donghae jumped when he heard Eunhyuk.

"N-no. I'm almost finished. I'll be done in a few minutes... you can set up the table though and make sure to wash your hand."

"Okay. Where are the plates and cups?"

"Over there." Donghae focused on his breathing. He didn't want Eunhyuk to know how nervous he became after having him practically sneak up on him. Donghae finished making the breakfast and was now placing it on the plates.

"What time do you have to go to work?" Donghae didn't like the silence. He felt the need to fill in the void with small talk.

"Well I just have to drop paperwork. That's all." Donghae nodded his head. He sat across from Eunhyuk, who already had the fork in one hand. "This looks delicious" Eunhyuk took a giant bite, smiling from ear to ear, "It is delicious."

"Thanks. I live alone so I've had plenty of practice." Donghae smiled lightly.

"Do you want to hang out later today?" Eunhyuk gulped down the orange juice. He hid it well but inside he was all nerves.

Donghae raised an eyebrow "Well..."

"Come on it will be fun. We can watch a movie than have dinner. I mean I don't know much of Japan. You've been living here for awhile so I thought that maybe you can take me sightseeing as well."

Donghae sighed, rubbing his temple "Yeah sure I am free today. Is there anything in particular that you want to see or are interested in?"

"Well first maybe I can see where you work at? I don't mean actually going inside, I just want to look at the building."

"Why?"

"Just curious."

"Curious about my work place? It's literally just a four story building. Nothing much going on. It's pretty average."

"Yeah but the architecture in Japan has so far been very different from back home."

"Fine but seriously there isn't much going on there."

"I know. I just want to see it."

"Well is there anything else you want to see?"

"Hmm no but what do you do for fun? Maybe we can do that?"

"Well usually I practice or participate in marathons or go mountain biking but I don't think we'd have enough time to do all of that in one day..."

"Right..." The two sat in silence once again. Donghae was focusing on his food trying to ignore the feeling in his stomach. He liked Eunhyuk but he didn't want to spend time with him. Nothing again Eunhyuk, he just didn't want himself to feel drawn to him or vise versa. Eunhyuk had been smiling all morning, making Donghae feel uneasy. Eunhyuk was always the type to show his emotions. He was easy to read. Currently Donghae felt that Eunhyuk wasn't just trying to spend more time with a friend. His attitude and behavior showed him that it might be more than that. He had to let Eunhyuk know clearly that he wasn't interested but he wasn't sure how to do so.

Would it be weird if I just said you have no hope? Maybe Eunhyuk changed all these years and maybe he was now able to hide his true feelings. If this was true than saying that would probably embarrass the two of them.

"You know your cooking really has improved. I remember when we were in middle school and you were trying to impress my mom, you had tried to make her a lunch box for work. It was supposed to be spaghetti but you had burnt the meat. You decided to leave out the meat but while you were concentrating on the meat, you didn't realize that you had left the noodles sit in the water for too long. So in the end you made soggy noodles with tomato sauce."

"Oh wow I completely forgot about that! I remember that she was smiling the entire time. She even served it for dinner that night. I think she was trying to share the burden with you." Donghae began laughing heavily as he remembered the past. Eunhyuk couldn't be happier at this moment. Sure Donghae had been all smiles since he arrived but this was the first time he had heard him laugh so loudly in years. It made his heart flutter.

"You know..." Donghae began wiping the tears off his eyes. "I had told you that I was trying to impress your mom but that had been a complete lie... I was honestly trying to impress you. I remember you told me that you didn't know or even want to learn how to cook. Your mom told you that you needed to find someone who would be able to help you with that and I... I wanted to be that person so badly. So, the next time I went over to your house I was so confident that I was going to win you over but it didn't happen" Eunhyuk noticed the distant and empty look Donghae had as he recalled in greater detail what had occurred at that time.

Eunhyuk's heart ached. He punched himself mentally. Donghae had held feeling for him for so long yet he had been so stupid.

"I think it was probably for the best." Donghae wore a painful smile.

"Hae-"

"It's okay Eunhyuk. I'm over it. I'm just glad I no longer make soggy spaggetti."

"No, it's not okay. I kick myself thinking about how I was so inconsiderate at that age."

"Eunhyuk you were just a kid, I was too. I was just expecting too much when you hadn't even began to be interested in girls. I was moving too fast."

"Okay I'll give you that for middle school but high school was different! I hurt you so many times."

"No you didn't"

"Yes I did! I just-"

"Eunhyuk no matter how many more times you apologize what happened happened and I forgave and moved on. I was also at fault. I let you hurt me. I wanted to feel something from you and I had many chances to move on but I didn't because in someways I wanted to feel that. It was the only thing that made my feelings feel more genuine. It was my own selfish reason why I didn't let go of you when you didn't notice me, why I refused to give up when you turned me down, and why I broke down so much after we broke up. I was selfish. I'm not sorry about that just that I wish that I had been a bit more stronger." Donghae buried his face onto the back of his hand. His shoulders shook from all the emotions that continued to leave him feeling uneasy ever since he first saw Eunhyuk.

"Donghae..." Eunhyuk felt his heart break with every word that Donghae spilled out. "I need you."

"W-what?" Donghae dropped his hands onto his lap. He stared wide-eyed at the man in front of him. His heart pounded inside his chest. He wasn't sure exactly what the reason was. Whether it was because of anger, sadness, or excitement. He just knew that it felt like it was about to burst out.

"I need you Donghae. Not as a friend or best friend or brother. I need you as someone more than that. I want to stand next to you. To be the person who you go to when you're hurt, angry, frustrated, happy, anything. I want to go to sleep and wake up with you next me." Eunhyuk stood from his chair, Donghae did the same. When Eunhyuk took a step closer to Donghae, Donghae backed up. Eunhyuk continued walking closer as Donghae back up until he reached his couch. They stood facing each other with Eunhyuk trapping Donghae between him and the couch. "I-I want you like a man. I want your everything Donghae."

"W-wait Eunhyuk. Stop." Donghae pushed Eunhyuk by the shoulder creating a small space between them. The space was not enough for Donghae to feel comfortable but it was enough space that he no longer felt the heat radiating from Eunhyuk's body. "I can't do this with you. I don't need you."

"I know."

"If you know, than you should also know that this is impossible between us."

"It's not impossible. After seeing you, I realized that I can't and won't let go a second time. We are meant to be Donghae."

"No we are not. There is no meant to be."

"Yes between us."

"We are different people. I'm different from before."

"I know but I want to learn about the new you... from everything that I've seen, I can already say I like the new you more than the old you."

"I put on a facade Eunhyuk.... to make it sort and simple...I'm gloomy. I'm not like I was in high school Eunhyuk. I don't deserve to be happy."

"You have always been gloomy, I actually adore how you can be so negative. It's pretty cute... and so what? So what if you did something that doesn't deserve forgiveness. I will still want you. Just like in high school, I have fallen in lo-"

"Don't say it Eunhyuk." Eunhyuk put his arms by his side. He was no longer trapping Donghae, instead he took two steps forward until they were chest to chest.

"I have too."

"Please don't..." Donghae's voice came out as a whimper. Eunhyuk bumped their foreheads together. He looked at Donghae with clouded eyes. He pulled his head back for a second before smiling at Donghae.

"It's too late. I have to say it before my heart bursts out of my chest. I have fallen in love with you all over again."

 

 

Thank you all for the support!!! Short chapter update. Yeah so this will be completed but know that it will take time lol. I promise it will be completed! I wrote this in one day. I'll update another chapter at another day (don't know when but know that it will not be left incomplete). I pushed the plot a bit more because if i continue at a slow pace I'm afraid that it'll take me years to complete lol. anyways super short chapter but i did it~ tell next time bye bye <3