Chapter 2

Eventually

The sympathized and weird look that the student give him along the way to the parking lot when his parents picked him up will be forever etched in his mind and he just hid his face behind his mother shoulder as they walked toward their car, he feel like some kind of freak, there must be only one case like him among thousand probably even million people who presented at the second year of high school, children usually presented to be an alpha or omega with their distinct characteristic around the age of 12 until 14, he was like 4 years too late. 


What if he already had omega girlfriend or boyfriend? Then high-likely he should left him/her right? Because omega-omega relationship is impossible to be happen, and even considered taboo by society. Perhaps that the reason why he never attracted to anyone before or have willingness to start relationship because deep down inside under his conscious he know that his previous beta-self was not his true self.


When they reach home his parents lead him to his room, then his father left him with his mother, he said that he probably need some private time with her.


The good news was his parents took the news he presented to be an omega lightly, he know that his parents were not such narrow minded people because they will love their children equally no matter what they presented as, his mother told him that years ago, but before this whole mess he thought that was just overconfidence statement because they never put in the situation in having an omega son before, because having omegas son commonly the least of what every family wanted, the worst scenario is some people only considered omega as property that could be sold to the highest bidder. Even one of his closest friend had the issue, he know that Kyungsoo have problem with his own parents who until this point they never truly accepted him to be an omega, even though for him Kyungsoo traits was very obvious as an omega so no one really surprised when he turn out to be one. The problem with Kyungsoo’s parents also become the reason why his relationship with Kai still kept in secret because Kyungsoo did not want Kai getting hurt by his parents, and he know Kai was not what his parents perceive as ideal mate for him, because his parents always tried being matchmaker for him in order he mated with some well-off older alpha.

 

So yeah, Chanyeol was glad because his parents keep their word to still support and love him as much as they used to be before he presented as an omega.


“Of course you’re not a disappointment baby, is not like you could choose to be an beta or omega at very first place,” his mother answered his insecurities, “yeah, it’s surprising because our family did not have male omega for generations, but that’s not the reason to considering you as a disappointment,” she continued then hug him dearly and kissed his temple, that was the first time Chanyeol smiled again after he presented as an omega.

 

“Thanks mom,” he said.


***


“When I see you guys, I questioned again why could possibly I become an omega,” Chanyeol said while enjoying his lunch on his first day he come back to school after the unexpected event.


“Because your parents of course, even though they’re an alpha and a beta their recessive gene that make you presented as an omega,” Sehun, a freshman with his default bored face said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

 

 “It’s not what I mean, and hey what are you doing here? I think you should hanging around with friends in your age,” Chanyeol said mockingly.


“Come on being a freshmen is always ! It’s not like Kai is not much older than me anyway,” protested Sehun.

 

“Hey, how many times I should warn you to call me hyung, Sehun-ah,” Kai warned, realized no one defending him, Sehun rolled his eyes then take a huge bite of his bread and busied himself with eating it. The elder, Luhan and Minseok only chuckle lightly observing the younger behavior, actually all of them love Sehun, but they love it even more to tease and bully him. 

 

“Like a said before it’s not what I mean, not genetically I mean,” Chanyeol back to his topic, “I just realize it now, that most of us are not match with our gender stereotype, Luhan-hyung is the most obvious example, when he with Minseok-hyung people will likely to think he is his omega friends rather than his alpha boyfriend,” explained Chanyeol , “even I look manlier than him” he added proundly.

 

“I beg to differ Chanyeol-ah,” protested Luhan.

 

“Despite the trouble being an omega must have its perks right?” Kyungsoo asked sympathetically.

 

Chanyeol furrowed his brows and think for a while, sometimes he wonder how Kyungsoo could be so calmed and grateful despite his difficult situation.

 

“Yeah, of course my scenting ability just getting better and I realize most of you have pleasing scent, except Kai he just stink,” answered Chanyeol and get murderous glare from Kai.

 

“But don’t worry I’m still your biggest fan,” Chanyeol said playfully.

 

“I actually concerned about Woobin, is he still bother you?” Minseok who usually keep silent finally said something, with the mention of that name automatically wipe the smile of Chanyeol face, honestly Woobin was his biggest fear when he come back, presented as an omega only become the justification of Woobin interest to him, and he was glad because until that moment he did not meet him.

 

“I don’t know I haven’t meet him today,” answered Chanyeol.

 

“You should be careful around him, okay? As his classmate I know quite well he is not kind of person who will stay still when he did not get what he want. Moreover, is not like we don’t know what kind of family he come from,” warned Minseok.

 

Almost everyone in their school know who Kim Woobin was, he’s the son of a famous conservative politician, when the majority of world population want the equality of all gender and fight for omega right, some of politician like Woobin father think that they should stick on the conservative tradition where omega position was under the alpha and beta, and their purpose was only to serve pleasure for both other gender, and there will be no question that Woobin also share the same view as his father.

 

“I cannot imagine, what horrible fate that will be face by his future mate,” commented Kai, “there was this guy, I forgot his name but he was my senior at the dance studio, he’s beautiful, talented and won many competition, I bet he would be a famous choreographer right now if he were not married to one of Woobin relative,” informed Kai.

 

“What happened to him?” Chanyeol asked curiously.


Kai just shrugged, “no one exactly know what happen after their marriage, even we don’t know the marriage itself based on the both side consensus or not, but after their marriage that senior never show up again, rumors said that his alpha husband locked him at home 24/7 and restraint all his activities, he could do nothing except playing good little wife for his alpha at home,” Kai said with sympathetically tone.


“We should not think omega are any less than us,” commented Baekhyun, one of the remaining beta in their group beside Sehun.


“Yeah, Kyungsoo is an omega, and he got better grade than any of us,” Kai said proudly while giving meaningful look toward his ‘secret’ lover.


“Whoever my future mate is I hope that he will treat and love me as an equal and not as an omega to be dominated,” Chanyeol silently pray.


***


“Why he isn’t coming back yet?” grumbled Kai waiting for his friend in front of the school gate, Chanyeol said that left his wallet in the locker room after P.E. and he went there to collect it, but it’s already more than fifteen minutes and he’s not coming back yet.


“Sehun, go check him!” ordered Kai.


“What? Why me?” protested Sehun.


“Can’t you just stop questioning and make yourself useful?” Kai reply with annoyed tone.


“Alright, I’ll go get him,” Sehun said in defeat.


Sehun walked leisurely while playing with his phone, being an omega did not make Chanyeol any less clumsy right? Probably he still looking for his wallet.


Sehun almost drop his phone when suddenly his body bump someone who walked in opposite direction with him.


“Watch your step kid,” said that person. Sehun did not need to look up to recognize the owner of the voice that he just heard was no other but Kim Woobin, Sehun gulped and stay still with his eyes closed expecting slap or blow because that what usually the older do if someone displease him and whoever become his victim usually too afraid to report to the teacher.


“I’m sorry sunbaenim,” Sehun apologized softly.


But after a while and nothing happen finally Sehun open his eyes and realize probably Woobin even did not even heard his apologize since the older already walked away. But Sehun did not miss to notice that Woobin just looked happier right then with unusual grin on his face, probably he just let Sehun passed because he did not want someone ruin his good mood.


“Now I just need to find Chanyeol hyung as quick as possible,” Sehun muttered to himself, and he feel like his heart skip a beat when he remember about Chanyeol, then he walked faster.


“Oh God, I wish something bad did not happen to Chanyeol hyung,” Sehun prayed in his mind, he did not know what business Woobin had so he still at school after the class ended but he wish that he did not meet Chanyeol and did something bad to him.


There were soft but heart-breaking sobs that he heard when he almost reach locker room door, when Sehun walked in the room true to his feeling he found someone crying softly, Sehun did not need to see the face of that person who burrowed his face on his bended knee to recognize that person was Chanyeol.


“Chanyeol-hyung? Are you okay?” he asked softly. Sehun tried to reach the older shoulder, but he flinched at the younger touch. Sehun then realized that Chanyeol not only crying but his body also trembling, “Chanyeol hyung! It’s me Sehun,” Sehun said once again with louder voices while he grip the older body on his upper arm and shake it lightly. Chanyeol lifted his head up and met Sehun eyes with his teary orbs.


“I met Woobin sunbaenim on the way here, did he do something to you?” Sehun asked with worried eyes.


Chanyeol wiped his tears with the back of his hand and shook his head frantically, Sehun heart aching to see his strong hyung in such a vulnerable state, Sehun pat his shoulder lightly trying to comfort him, “Then why are you crying, hyung? Do you need any help? Did he hurt you?” Sehun asked repeatedly.


“No, he did not do anything, I’m totally fine okay,” answered Chanyeol while trying stood up, Sehun quickly help him, Chanyeol body almost slumping against the younger before he get a grip of himself to stand on his own feet, “Sorry”, Chanyeol muttered apologize.


“It’s okay hyung,” said Sehun while his gaze observe Chanyeol current state.


“I’ve said that I’m totally fine okay? I met Woobin but he did not do anything. See?” Chanyeol said while baring his neck to show there’s no mating mark there to prove that Woobin did not do something stupid like or claiming him on the school ground like what probably Chanyeol guess Sehun thought about.

 
“Yes, I admit I have little things going on with him but no more than that,” explained Chanyeol while fixed his slightly rumpled uniform. Sehun signed in relief because what he afraid of did not happen, but he still had something bothering him since Chanyeol did not tell him the entire event.


 “Where are you going hyung?” Sehun asked Chanyeol who walked toward the door.


“Bathroom of course, I can’t meet the others look like crap like this,” answered Chanyeol.


Ten minutes later Chanyeol met Sehun look decent enough like nothing had happen, he even put his façade smile, “Okay, since I’ve also found my wallet, let’s go home!” Chanyeol said happily then reach out for Sehun hands then drag him along with him.


“Sehun-ah I want you to promise me something,” asked Chanyeol when they almost reach the school gate.


“What?”


“I want you to promise me to not tell anyone about our little incident, okay? I want you to act as if you never see me cry or tell anybody that I met Woobin, I just don’t want to make them worry,” Chanyeol said with pleading tone, and Sehun could not help but nod to seal his promise to the older.

 

***

After reach his home, Chanyeol quickly went to his room and locked the door, he threw himself on the soft mattress and ruffled his hair in frustration, “Agghhh!!!! That bastard!”


Then the image of what happened on the locker room flashed on his mind when Woobin pinned him to the ground and threatening him, “I’ve always know you’ll become an omega Chanyeol, all the tough attitude you put on is a mere façade, right? Moreover, you’re always too pretty for your own good,” Woobin said uncomfortably close to Chanyeol face make Chanyeol feel the hot air of the older breath on his skin.


“Let me go!” Chanyeol trying to break free but the older grip on his wrist was impossibly tight.


“Listen to me!” Woobin said in a demanding alpha voice, and responded by involuntary whimper from his captive. “Cheater!” Chanyeol said in his mind, that was the first time someone use alpha voice on him, he know this one of disadvantages of being an omega, they such a submissive creature who will easily controlled by alpha voices.


“There are several things that I want to put into that little omega brains of yours,” Woobin said mockingly, yeah it was no wonder after all that Woobin always think that omega were lesser being than alpha even beta.


“First, you’re an omega now, a weak pathetic vulnerable creature who always need someone else protection, and for an unmated omega like you, wandering around unchaperoned is obviously one of the stupidest thing that omega could do and I will not be fond if I found out one day that some other alpha laying their dirty hands on you! You know what people said right? That you can’t an omega, it’s always the omega fault who begging for it, got it?” Woobin said with full authorized voice mostly on the last part. And he smile in victory when Chanyeol slightly nod in fear.


Chanyeol hate to admit that some part of Woobin speech was true, because wandering around unchaperoned was obviously not the smartest thing to do, well, he was not used to be an omega after all. But one thing for sure, he’s not Woobin’s or anything close to that.


“And second, you’re mine! Actually I can’t wait to lay my claim on you, and when that time come I will never let you go, I will chain you on our bed if I have to, keep you barefoot and pregnant all the time,” Woobin said with his infamous sly smile, he watch how slowly Chanyeol guards down and his tears threatening to fall.


“Got that little Channie? You’re an omega now, you’re good for nothing but to and breed,” that was the last thing that Woobin said before he loosened his grip on Chenyeol wrist, left the younger one nothing but crying mess when the reality sink in after he left. This what Woobin thought he should do though, because he know the nature of Chanyeol who always too carefree and possibly harm himself since that kid did not fully aware of how vulnerable being an omega was. He even watch Chanyeol from distance in front of the school gate and left only when he was sure that the younger went home safely with his friends. Woobin promised to himself that he would legally make Chanyeol his with or without the latter consent after he graduated from high school which only few months to go.

 

***


Chanyeol waked up from his sleep when he heard someone rang the bell of his house, he thought that his mother would open the door for that guest, but after several moments the bells keep ringing he decide to go downstairs and open the door by himself.


“Is this Park Jung Soo’s resident?” asked a beautiful women in her mid-forties who greeted him when he opened the door, at the mention of his father name he just nodded, but before he could said anything, he heard his mother suddenly appear behind him and greet that women.


“Yo Won!” his mother said excitedly. 


“Sorry, I was cooking when the bells rang, but apparently my son already opened the door for you,” his mother explained.


“So this is your son? Chanyeol, right? He all grown up and pretty I’m sure Kris will be very happy to meet him,” said that women.


“Yeah, this is Chanyeol, my youngest child,” his mother introduced him to that women. Then Chanyeol realize that he met this women before, a long time ago, when he was still in elementary school, Yo Won, yeah he remember that name, Lee Yo Won, if he not mistaken, she’s the mother of that -faced kid, but he did not remember that his name was Kris.


“By the way where is your son?” his mother asked.


“Oh, Kris? He just take care of our luggage,” answered Mrs. Lee.


After a moment a tall handsome young man, entered his house bringing some bags. Thanks to his newly gained ability in scenting, he could sense that the young man who just entered his house was an alpha, that alpha dyed his hair blonde probably would look ridiculous on other people but it’s just look plain handsome for that alpha.


“Oh this is Kris, my son, Kris this is Park Ye Jin and her son Chanyeol, you actually already meet them when you’re little but just in case you don’t remember,” Mrs. Lee introduced Chanyeol and his mother to Kris. Chanyeol cannot help but slightly blush when he shaking hands with the handsome alpha, actually that was the first time he feel ridiculous like this, love at the first sight? Is that kind of cliché romance really exist?


“Kris are you happy to meet your soon to be mate?” Mrs. Lee asked his son shamelessly, and Chanyeol widened his eyes at the mention of ‘soon to be mate’, and gave his mother a questioning look.


“Uhmm, actually I haven’t told Chanyeol anything about our arrangement Yo Won,” his mother said apologetically.


“Anyway the dinner is ready, so why don’t we just get this straight on the dining room?” suggested his mother quickly.


“The picture my mom give me did not do any justice for you, I did not expect you to be this tall, but you’re a pretty omega,” Kris said to him on the way to the dining room.


“Thanks,” Chanyeol said his gratitude that only can be heard by both of them.


“My soon to be mate? Huh?” Chanyeol said on his mind, he still shocked and he did not know what his parents arranged for him, but he believe whoever his parents choose could not be any worse than Woobin, right?


TBC


I did not really expect that this story will get 89 subscribers and 9 votes on the first chapter, thanks to you all. But I do appreciate the most who spare her/his time to write a comment for this story, so please do tell me about your thought about my story to encourage me to continue this story. Thank you very much! I’ll try to update this story once every one/two week. Sorry if I such a slow pace author *deep bow*. Also forgive me for any grammatical error and mistyping~
Spoiler: The poster I made for this story, there’s a hint of this story in it.