I

With or Without the Ever After...

"Tomorrow... is a different day"

--A.L.



As another day came and as usual busy again.


I have an appointment today at 1pm. I should be there before lunch, because I said to my client I want to meet her after lunch. So, it means I need to grab something to eat first, and go ahead of her.


I arrived at KangHee's Restaurant by 11:30. I ordered some pasta with garlic bread, water for my drinks, and for the dessert my oh so favorite tiramisu. 


It was actually a working break for me. Im eating at the same time Im also reviewing the designs that I will be proposing to my client and some other stuffs that we already agreed on. 

So, this will be my second wedding event project for the month, and them as my second client. 


For today, Im only be meeting the bride to be. Well I think its always been the girl or the bride to be who is in tune and so focus for the wedding preparations. Always the busy one. 
But because they have me here, they can expect that I will be helping them most of the time. And most of the work will be done by me. They dont need to worry. Thats my job, and thats why they hired me. 
But its nicer to have them both to talk about their wedding. After all its about the two of them. Wedding preparations is always stressful, so as much as possible they should be doing this together. 


But I noticed in my client, she always do it by herself. I met only once her fiancé, and he barely talked the whole first encounter. I even starting  to think that this wedding thing is nothing but a big joke. Is she really marrying someone? Is there really a groom? Is she crazy?, Oh my gosh, what Am i thinking, maybe Im the one being crazy here.


But no, I dont think so. Jenna, she looks okay. She's pretty, a little bit a shy type, classy and kind. She's even a very considerate person, because there was this one time when I wasn't able to attend to our appointment and happens to be reschedule. Knowing that she cancelled some of her other schedule that time. I felt really embarassed. I think it happened twice, and it will not going to happen again, promise!.


Jenna just arrived half an hour earlier. Whoa, luckily I got here earlier too. She ordered two cups of coffee for the both of us. 
Of course, I didnt failed to ask how was she and her so called groom to be.


I like continuously building rapport with my clients, and further get to know them well. From their personalities, to their likes and don't likes, some issues, and others. We have to be comfortable to each other first, so they can open up well to me, and we'll have a smooth work here. And build some friendships as well.

 


"So, hows everything?", I asked hyperly.

"Hmm...its good...Jayson really like your ideas, the designs, and everything", she answered tiredly, coz after she said it, she sigh deeply , creased forehead, and her expressions are just so different today. Kinda sad?, there's something going on.

"And you?", I challenged her.

"Well...Im...totally okay with it, I like it also, the flow of the wedding... thats what Im really thinking of, I think it suits well with my taste, and how Im actually imagining the wedding to be going on", she forcely smiled at the end of her answer. I kinda raised my right eyebrow with her answer, and the way she answers me.

"Jenna Im asking about you. I  mean how are you? C'mon Im not talking here about your view at the wedding. Im talking about y-you, how are you actually?!" I really wanted to know because I could sense that something is wrong with her. And it worried the hell out of me.

"I...Im...Im...okay", she said this while putting her head down, not looking to me anymore, fidgeting her nails, her hands which is in the table. And I can hear a sad tone in her voice.

I suddenly placed my right hand in her hands, and squeezed it lightly. Giving her some comforting message.

Then there she was. She started to sob and tears started to form in her eyes. Until a tear left her right eye. I squeezed her hands tightly this time. Giving her time to cry and just let it out.


"Its ok Jenna, just cry ok... if you feels to, dont hold back your feelings", I carefully said because I know how hard it is for someone to expose their weaknesses, and making themselves vulnerable. Crying thats it.


Jenna didn't stop to cry for a couple of minutes. It gets deeper and deeper actually. I can't help but to feel bad for her. Then after a while she slowly calmed down from sobbing and crying. She wiped her tears and tried to breath regularly. Her eyes were swollen and it almost washed away her make up. 

I let her calm down more and waited until she's okay and ready to open up or speak rather.


"Im...so...sorry, I've messed up" she said apologetically and still wiping the remaining tears in her face. She can't still look up on me. As if it was the most embarassing thing she have done so far in her life.

"Its okay, I understand", and I gave her an assuring smile, though I knew she could not see it coz she kept her head down. 

"Jenna, we can talk about the wedding maybe next time, we can always have another time with this. I dont want you to force yourself to talk and decide things in that kind of state of yours, and the reason why you cried, you don't have to open up this to me either, if you're not comfortable." I said still squeezing her hands.

 

'Im re-really really sorry Claire, for wasting your time", she still feels bad with this.

"No, its alright to me Jenna, you don't have to be sorry to me, I think... someone rather needs to be sorry to you", after I said my words she can't help but to shed more tears again. I mentally face palmed myself with what I just said, wrong words there Claire.


"Its him...right?", Im just making sure that that's the reason behind her tears, in which she nodded as a response. Okay I get it. Its something complicated though. 


I let her get home, though at first she refused but of course I insisted, seeing her like that, I know she can't do it this time. She needs time for herself, and to whatever she's going through right now. 

 


I was left here in the restaurant, and I decided to stay for another couple of hours before heading back to the office. 

I still have time, since supposedly we will be done at 5pm, but because something happened, it ended before it even gets started. It's only two in the afternoon.

 

 

I find myself wondering about Jenna's possible problem with her fiancé. And I can't help but to feel really bad for her. 

So, is the groom backing out now? Is he cheating on her already?, did they just broke up?, did he called this wedding off??,

Agh! Im overthinking again. Im too paronoid eh.

B-but how could someone let a beautiful bride to cry like that, hurt like that. Its more of a question rather than a statement. 

Is that the reason why he doesn't always show up in our appointments, because they're not in good terms?.

But what about Jenna? What will going to happen to her? Does anyone knows about it? Does her family or friends know?.

Gosh, this what happens when you're too attached or close to your clients. It affects the hell out of you, very much.

Agh, so much for today. I think I'll be having a headache if I didn't stop this. 

 

 

Just as Im about to take my leave to the restaurant,  here came this young handsome waiter  approaching the table where I was seated. 

When he stopped infront of me, he placed a cup of coffee with a smiley design on top, in my table. I got confused ofcourse.

 

"Excuse me mister waiter, but I didn't order any cup of coffee, you must've been mistaken", I said confusedly and of course Im on my way out to leave the place.

"No Ma'am, Im not mistaken for anything... someone ordered the coffee for you, and he said to gave this to you since you're on your deep thoughts", he formally explained  using a very deep voice of him.

"Oh so its a he?, so nice of him, so nice of taking time to notice me, and taking note that Im on my deep thoughts.  But tell him Im on a hurry, and I just had my coffee, so Im kinda full now, thanks for the offer", I hissed not wanting to make the converstion long.

"He insist!, he said if ever you decline", he answered back while putting a bright smile on his already pretty face, as if they planned this together huh. 

"Okay... I see he insist, so care to tell me instead who insist this?, now I sounds annoyed. Im not into any prank or trip from anyone else, no scratch that, never do I like any of it, then before I knew it he'll make me pay for it in the end?, heol no!. 

While Im still mumbling words to my mind, someone suddenly came up.

 


"It's me who insist", said of a very manly husky voice on my back, and I think he's walking towards my spot, and before I could realized it, he's already that close to where I am seating.

I relunctantly turned my head where this manly husky voice coming from. 

Looking at my back, I saw a blonde haired tall man, with a smirk on his face. Hands on his pockets. His natural tan skin color shined well as the light from the sun hit him. He's a good looking man actually. y face, y body?, But the hell I care?!.

 

I just gave him a poker face, looking straight on his eyes, without a blink.


"Ah, what's with the cold stare, pretty?", he teasingly said, and the smirk never left his face.

I just rolled my eyes to him, I stood up and started to pack my things inside my bag.

Then the stranger spoke again.

 

"You never changed Claire, the same serious/cold girl you are", he said and chuckled as if he knew me well. 

My eyes widened upon hearing him saying my name.  

How did he know my name? and who is he talking to me like that?.

I turned to face him but only to find him standing very close to me. We are now facing each other, and the gap between us only an inches away. I can smell his perfume well from that distance. But disgusted as well upon seeing so close that infamous smirk of him. 

I startled very little but I was able to composed myself immediately before he could even notice. 


Still giving him my poker face, with slight raised left eyebrow, Im waiting for him to explain or speak more if thats what he wants.

 

"What!?", okay I give in, I spoke first, can't handle this anymore.

What's with this stranger, suddenly showed up infront of me. I don't have time for this. What a waste.


"I missed you Claire!", he playfully said, while smiling weirdly to me, and when he's about to hug me, I slapped his hands before it could even touch me. 

Still keeping my position in place, I let him saw that I didn't even flinched on whatever he's about to do. But instead,

 

"Back off Mister!, I don't even know you, and don't you even try to think of touching me. Who are you?! are you a stalker?!", i said on my most serious tone. Look, he even know my name. This is creepy you know.


"Hey, do I really look different, don't you recognize me Claire?",

Im still giving him my poker face with a slight questioning look.


"Stranger! I don't know you", I said coldly, but already annoyed by this scenario. Grabbing my things, Im really ready to leave.

 

"Hey, okay, okay Claire...... Im Jongin!", he revealed as he stepped infront of me so that he could block my way out.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Jongin!!???... 

 


Im back again!...with my second chap. Another characters revealed. Jenna, Jayson, Jongin... ahahhhah... All their names start with "J", ^^ but its purely a coincidence you know. ^^ I just realized it later on... Im bad at names... Of course who is Jongin???...you should know him well...the others are OC,so don't get confuse with the names I use. And kinda long chapter.

How was your day??? Lets say 'Tomorrow is a different day'....^^

--Lets Meet again...

xxLive Life, Love Life ^^