The Phone

Timeless

“Oh my gosh Nicole what a freaking jerk you met at the airport!” Nana made a disgusted face while she was driving. “I know right? Ugh I can’t believe a person exists on earth and why am I so unlucky to have encountered that person? Aish!” Nicole rubbed her forehead as she looked out the window to see the view of Seoul “Oh how I missed this..” Nicole opened the window and inhaled the fresh air Seoul was giving. Nana giggled as she continued driving.

“What the heck! Ugh! What the!!” Minseok looked at himself in the mirror seeing himself in a complete mess. “That girl.. jinjja!!” He grabbed as much wet wipes as he could to clean his face. After a few minutes, he heard his phone ringing “What do you need?” Minseok replied in an annoyed tone. “Is that the way to talk to your manager Minseok-a?” Minseok just made a face and smirked. “I’m already with the client where the heck are you? Get your ugly here. This is freaking embarrassing!” the manager shouted on the other line. “Well I can turn down that client if I wanted to!” Minseok countered back in an annoyed tone.

Minseok walked back all grumpy but went back to his professional self, fake smiling as he greeted the client. “Oh is this person Xiumin? Now I can see why he is a top model” the client winked at Xiumin and for all he knows the client wants him, literally. Xiumin smirked as a response and placed his sunglasses on as he went inside the car. His manager however was getting annoyed at his attitude but what can he do? “I’m very sorry for his behavior, he is not usually like this” the client just stared at Xiumin as she shook her head and smiled “I love models with that kind of behavior, very interesting. Let’s go?” the client smiled and the manager opened the door of the car to let her in.

“Nana, what are your plans for tomorrow?” Nicole asked as she was munching a bunch of pepero sticks. “I actually have a photoshoot tomorrow Cole-ah. Want to tag along?” Nana gave Nicole a knowing smile as the girl’s eyes glittered by her suggestion “I would love to!” The two decided to go shopping since it has been a long time since they went out together. Nicole and Nana were best of friends since they could even remember with both having the best interest in fashion. Both of them got a scholarship offers in New York however Nana decided to stay in Seoul to work as a model. In no time, she became one of the most successful models of her generation. “Hey are you okay? Is there something wrong?” Nana asked as Nicole was coughing. The latter just shook her head and smiled “No I’m okay” Nicole mentally slapped herself for forgetting to drink her medication. Her chest started to tighten however she just rubbed it off and smiled.

8AM The Next Day

“Hey Nicole are you all done?” Nana shouted from her room. “Yes! Wait just let me get this sock in my foot” Nicole shouted back. Nana giggled at her silly friend as her manager already went inside waiting for the both of them. “Today you would be working with Xiumin so you better get yourself straight! I know how much of a fan you are when it comes to him” her manager showed her a face as Nana was there daydreaming of what was to come. “Hey Nana- Oh hello!” Nicole was surprised with the sudden male but immediately composed herself and bowed politely. “Hello it’s nice to meet you. You must be Nicole? I’m Nana’s manager Kang Woo” the manager bowed back and smiled. “Yes its nice meeting you too.” Nana’s daydreaming was broken by no other than a slap at the shoulder from her manager “Oww! Hey that hurts!” Nana said as she rubbed that part. “This is for work Nana” his manager walks away holding their bags as Nicole just laughed at the two.

“WHAT?! NO FREAKING WAY!!” Xiumin screamed at his manager inside the car. “What’s wrong Xiumin? As if you’ve never worked with a female model before” his manager fired back. “I thought this was a special on me? Only me and the product and nobody else” he ruffled his hair in frustration. “Well apparently your client changed her mind. I wouldn’t be surprised because of your attitude in front of her yesterday..” the manager whispered back. “Hyung? Seriously? That woman literally stared at me as if she was already eating my whole body” the manager almost laughed but composed himself and cleared his throat “Just be professional on set later like you always do” Xiumin sighed defeated as he stared outside the car window.

“Annyeonghaseyo Nana-imnida. Please take care of me” Nana said as she introduced herself to all the staffs. They all started clapping, especially the males who were too excited by her existence. Nicole nudged Nana’s manager as she stared at her “Oppa, wah Nana really has come far didn’t she?” she smiled as Kang Woo stared back at her and smiled “All those hardships she went through really payed off. I can’t be more proud of her not just of her achievements but as to how her personality never changed” Nicole nodded “Of course that’s my friend right there” as she smiled proudly. Nicole was staring around as she saw something that caught her eye “Oppa, I’ll be right back” she said as she walked away.

“Ya act professional!” Xiumin’s manager screamed as Xiumin was walking inside the set. As usual all the females were amused by his beauty and were all whispering with each other. Xiumin sat on a chair in the dressing room to have some make-up done. Nana on the other side noticed his existence and immediately bowed and greeted him “Hi I’m Nana, let’s work well together” Xiumin glanced and saw how beautiful she was. He smirked “Of course Im Nana. Yes let’s work well together” Xiumin smirked seeing how the girl beside him was getting all giddy inside. The client went inside and smiled seeing the two “Wow are you two humans or dolls?” Nana giggled while Xiumin well, the usual Xiumin. “Give your best out there, I have huge expectations from the both of you” The two nodded while they were making their way on set.

*Click* “Wow” *Click* Nicole smiled as she wiped the lens of her camera. “This is amazing! I need to find the person who made this mural” she smiled proudly. “Hmm.. interesting” a male voice was heard. Nicole stared at the person who was beside her and back at the mural. “It really is. It’s beautiful isn’t it?” Nicole said as she kept on staring beautifully at the mural.  “It is but.. it’s like something is still missing” Nicole stared at the male curious as to what he was saying “What do you mean?” the male rubbed his chin as he stared intently at the mural. “I feel like there is still a picture missing in the middle of the mural. Look at the space in the middle” Nicole did as she was told as she stared at it intently but still could not figure out what he was saying. The male seemed to notice as he laughed lightly “Well it actually depends on the person looking at the mural” Nicole nodded but was still puzzled. “I’m Kyungsoo by the way but you can just call me D.O” the male smiled as he offered his hand for a shake. Nicole turned and shook his hand “I’m Nicole and it’s nice to meet you D.O-ssi” the two smiled as they turned their attention back at the mural. “I still don’t get what you’re saying..” D.O chuckled at Nicole who seemed to not get over what he said. *Ring* “Hello? Yes. Is that so? Okay I’m on my way” Nicole hung up as she smiled at D.O “I have to go it was very nice meeting you” she waved her hand at the male as she went back to the studio. D.O too did wave his hand and went his way.

“Okay good!” the camera director shouted as Xiumin and Nana were posing intimately. “You know you’re really beautiful up close” Xiumin whispered at Nana who just giggled “Well you’re looks didn’t disappoint either” Xiumin just smirked as the two continued to pose intimately. “Oppa I’m here! Sorry I brought Nana’s phone with me” Nicole immediately handed it over to Kang Woo “It’s okay Nicole. The shoot is almost over and Nana usually finds her phone immediately after” Nicole nodded as she stared intently at Nana’s shoot “Wow look at those two, they seem like a couple. Look how intimately they pose wah~” Nicole exclaimed very impressed at the two. Kang Woo smiled “Well they aren’t top models for nothing” the two continued to monitor the two intently until the director shouted “Shoot’s over! Good work everyone especially you two Xiumin and Nana” the two bowed as the client went beside the director to congratulate the two “I’m so proud I casted the both of you. Good work! See you soon for the final touches after a week”

“Hey want to play with me tonight?” Xiumin said as he grabbed Nana’s hand. “Hmm..” Nana responded as she obviously wanted to say yes but wanted him to still more. Xiumin however just smirked which immediately earned a nod from the already excited Nana. “See you in my car later” Xiumin whispered as he walked away. Nana who was feeling all giddy spotted Nicole and Kang Woo together. “Hey I’m hanging out with Xiumin later so don’t bother about me” the two nodded as Nicole smiled at her “Psh fell in love again. Ya you brat don’t ever let yourself get laid!” Nana just laughed and hugged her “Arasso, I know that there are limitations” Kang Woo on the other hand just shook his head “Aiyoo hopeless kids. Let’s go Nicole” Nicole nodded as they were heading off towards their car.

“Hey where are we going?” Nana asked as she was fastening her seatbelt. “First let’s get dinner then we go directly at my condo what do you say?” Xiumin also was doing the same. “Okay call! Dinner’s on you okay?” Nana showed her best smile as possible which just earned a smirk from Xiumin.

Nicole was rummaging through her bag to find her bracelet “Aish where could that be?” Kang Woo stared at her as he was about to start the engine “What are you looking for Nicole?” Nicole was about to answer when she realized Nana’s phone was in her bag. “Aish that girl.. Oppa where is the car of that model guy Nana was going to hang out with? She left her phone right here” Kang Woo was thinking for a bit when he replied “They must be somewhere in the back” Nicole nodded as she headed out. “Aish how can I even find that man’s car? A lot of staffs were in here a while ago” Nicole ruffled her hair as she was intently staring inside any car she was passing. “Uhm excuse me, do you happen to know where the car of that model guy is? My friend Nana is with him I have something to give her” the male staff immediately pointed at the white Mercedes car at the inner most part of the basement. Nicole bowed as she made her way.

“Wait I forgot my phone. Aish..” Nana said as she forgot to ask for her phone a while ago since she was all caught up with the situation. “Its okay you can just use my phone if you need to call someone” Xiumin said as he started the engine. “Well sounds logical. Shall we get going?” Nana looked at Xiumin and smiled. He was about to go when someone knocked on the passenger’s window. “Ya Im Nana you forgot your freaking phone” Nana immediately opened the car window and smiled seeing her annoyed friend “Ya Jung Nicole you’re a freaking savior. Thank you!” Nana smiled as she was sending flying kisses to Nicole who on the other hand was annoyed. “Ya you freaking woman how dare you even forget something like your phone just because of a freaking man. Are you crazy? How could we contact you without that?” Nicole’s arms were crossed and had that grumpy face on. Nana on the other hand just smiled and said “Thank you Cole-ah see you soon!” Nicole was surprised and said “Hello to the male individual there, please take care of my friend here. If you ever lay your hand on her, I’m going to kill you!” Nana was surprised yet finding the situation funny because of Nicole’s over protectiveness while she suddenly stared at Xiumin who was already annoyed “Ya you’re so talkative how about you take care of your own business?” Xiumin stared at the woman but was immediately surprised and so is Nicole.

The atmosphere was silent for 5 seconds when the two of them shouted “You!” at the same time. “Ya you two know each other?” Nana asked. “No!” the two responded at the same time, again. “O-okay, whatever you say” Nana said as she leaned back. Xiumin and Nicole were sending off death glares towards one another when Nicole said “Ya Nana-ya better be careful this man is dangerous. Just call me when he laid a hand on you, I’ll surely kill this man” Xiumin on the other hand just smirked “We’ll see about that” 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello my dear readers!! :) I'm really sorry it surely has been a while since I last updated and I sincerely apologize for keeping you all waiting and am very thankful for all your patience. I'm pretty much fed up by a lot of things lately but I could ensure you that I already got back on track with 'Timeless.' It is my midterm exams next week and I'm unsure if I could update before that but I will do my best. Please continue to look forward to the succeeding chapters ahead and continue to keep your comments coming and all your cheers will surely give me strength and inspiration to write. Thank you all saranghaeyo!! <3