The Beginning

Timeless

7:00AM

 

“Ouch!” The loud sound from the alarm clock caused Nicole to fall from her bed. Still in a state of daze, Nicole patted her buttocks which was hurt from the fall. “Aish! What the heck? Seriously?” the annoyed girl immediately shut the alarm clock off and threw it onto her bed.  Nicole stretched for a couple of minutes before standing up and heading straight to the bathroom to wash up. As she was brushing her teeth, her phone started ringing.

 

“Yes Anna?” Nicole answered in an unclear voice. “N-Nicole, Y-you..” the girl on the other line was stuttering and what seemed like in the verge of tears. Nicole immediately gargled to speak to her friend clearer. “Is something wrong Anna? You know you can just tell me” Nicole giggled at the unusual act of her friend. “I-I got the results from your check-up today..and..” the girl stopped. Nicole raised a brow “And? Anna, seriously, you’re really starting to scare me. Is there something wrong with my results?” Anna sobbed as she said “Y-you have leukemia, N-Nicole” Nicole dropped her phone as she remained speechless for a couple of minutes before getting her phone and said “I’ll be on my way, wait for me”

 

Nicole hurriedly rushed to her car as she drove fast to the hospital where Anna is. She ran straight to her doctor’s room and saw a sobbing Anna looking at her. She gulped as she sat down in front of her doctor and mumbled “I-is it true?” tears were threatening to fall in her eyes. The doctor sighed as she looked at the shocked Nicole “Yes, Nicole. I’m sorry to say that you have leukemia” Anna looked at Nicole who was now sobbing and crying. For 20 minutes, there was no one speaking, only the sobbing of Nicole and Anna were heard. Nicole looked up to the doctor with her red eyes as she asked “H-how long am I going to live? Please tell me” Her doctor checked her data before replying “There is still no definite time yet, Cole. But I have to inform you that you’re in your 3rd stage already” Nicole suddenly stood up and turned her back against everyone “I’ll be right back” she walked slowly and went down, totally in a state of blank.

 

Nicole was walking slowly as she stared at a view of a happy family on the bench nearby. “Mommy, please buy me that ice cream” the cute blonde girl pointed at an ice cream truck nearby. “Okay. What flavor do you want?” the two were giggling happily as the father arrived with a cotton candy in his hand. “What? I thought you wanted cotton candy” the father frowned as the little girl and the mom stuck their tongue out at him. A smile unconsciously appeared on Nicole’s face as she viewed the happy family. She quietly whispered “Will I still have a happy family in the future?” a tear rolled down her cheek as she continued walking in the streets.

 

7:00AM

 

“Minseok-a, get up. You need to get ready fast. Schedule is in an hour” a loud man shook the shoulder of the sleeping man in bed. “Hyung, it’s still early, 10 more minutes” he lazily said as he shook the man’s hand off and turned to the other side. The man can’t help but sigh as he crossed his arms “Minseok, really get up. You know that your next schedule is something that you really wanted when you started” The man got up and scratched his messy hair “I get it hyung, no need to nag. I’ll be ready in 10 minutes” The older man smiled in victory as he walked out of the room. Minseok stood up and grabbed his phone that was at the table. He checked if he received any message and as always, there it is. *Good morning my handsome! Have a great day today! Let’s have dinner later?* Minseok gave an annoyed look as he replied the girl back *We’re over, Minah. You were just one of my toys so stop all this nonsense* after a minute, he started receiving calls from Minah and numerous text messages but Minseok only threw his phone on the bed and went to wash up.  After exactly 10 minutes, he went out to greet his manager who smiled and motioned him to get on the car.

“Mineok-a, today aside from your schedule this morning, you have a television appearance in the afternoon and at night you and I will have dinner with an important client” his manager said with his eyes on the road. Minseok just groaned as a response and stared out the window. It was a 30 minute ride before arriving at the location. Minseok or now Xiumin, exited his car in a very chic manner with his all black fashion and brown sunglasses. The females around can’t help but crowd up recognizing who it was. “Kyaaaa it’s Xiumin!” “Oh my gosh he is so handsome in real life!” “He really is perfection” girls drooled seeing him went inside a building. Xiumin, on the other hand, maintained his composed straight face, as usual, that any women would die for.

 

The photographer immediately greeted Xiumin upon his arrival “Hello Xiumin, I’m Ryan, your photographer for today” Xiumin removed his sunglasses as he bowed at the photographer. The manager of the brand he’s going to be modeling for appeared and also greeted him “I’m Minji, the manager of A Brand. Let’s work well today” Xiumin also did the same to the owner as the stylists motioned him to the dressing room. Ryan whispered “He really is a cold guy. Tsk why do I have to work with him” Minji smiled “Brand owners doesn’t care if he’s cold, as long as he gets the job done the we see no problem in recruiting him as our model” Ryan nodded “Well he isn’t the trend for nothing” The manager sighed as he again heard the same reaction from the people his artist is working with. He has been talking to Minseok about changing his attitude a bit at least to the people he’s working with but Minseok just smirks and leaves. “Aish, hopeless kid”

 

Xiumin came out well dressed and handsome as ever as the shoot started. As the top supermodel nowadays, there were only few instructions said and he finished the shooting smoothly, of course not after stealing the hearts of the staff and the manager herself. After the shooting, Xiumin came out back to his all black fashion and went to say his farewell to the staff. Minji approached Xiumin and smiled at him “I’m sure the pictures will come out well since it’s you” Xiumin just smirked at her and Minji whispered to his ear “Maybe you want to grab lunch or dinner sometime? Just call me. My treat” Minji smiled at her and so di Xiumin before heading out. He was to about to exit when a girl went in with lots of assistants with her “Ya! Why were you so mean earlier?” Minah pouted. Xiumin looked the other way and sighed “Look. I enjoyed what happened between us but that’s only that. No more, no less” Minah motioned her assistants to leave and after they did, she immediately clung to Xiumin “Babe, give me another chance please?” Minah gave her cutest pleading look while Xiumin just shook her off “Look I need to leave, you’re beautiful Minah so don’t waste your time on a jerk like me” Xiumin walked off while Minah smiled “I knew it, he is just pretending to push me away but after saying I’m beautiful, I’m sure he likes me too” Minah smiled as she walked away.

 

1PM

 

Nicole entered her office as he greeted her fellow employees. After crying the entire time, she calmed down and went back to her reality. Chelsea approached Nicole while she was doing her work “Hey Nicole, Adriana asked for you” Nicole smiled and nodded “Thank you” as she went to their editor’s office. She knocked and was greeted by a smiling Adriana “Nicole, please have a seat” and so she did. “Look, everyone could see your hard work and how much of a really good photographer you are” Nicole smiled as Adriana was complimenting her hard work. “After seeing a lot of good reviews and receiving a lot of praise from readers, the upper body is giving you an opportunity to write your own 10-page editorial spread” Nicole’s eyes widened as she heard the news “A-are you serious?” Adriana nodded “The upper body is giving you this chance which is going to be published late this year. Are you up for it?” Nicole stood up and excitedly said “Yes! YES! Is this really happening?” Adriana giggled at Nicole as she offered her hand “Congratulations Nicole and good luck on your editorial” Nicole smiled and shook her hand “Thank you very much! I am much honored and will do my very best to produce the best editorial that I could possibly do” Adriana nodded and Nicole did. She excitedly exited the room and once the door is closed, Nicole shouted with joy which startled the other workers. After realizing she mumbled sorry while running towards her desk happily. Chelsea approached her “Heard the good news. Good luck Nicole!” Nicole smiled and thankfully hugged her “My dream is coming true Chelsea” the other patted her back and smiled “I am sincerely happy for you Nicole. Do your best okay?” Nicole nodded and Chelsea left. A few minutes later, Nicole received a call from Anna as she hesitatingly answered “Anna?” “Hey Nicole, the doctor needs to talk to you right now” Nicole nodded and immediately went her way to the hospital. After 20 minutes, Nicole entered the doctor’s office.

 

“Nicole, we need to schedule your chemotherapy as soon as possible” the doctor said. Nicole was silent for a moment before taking the courage to reply “I-I am not undergoing chemotherapy” Anna’s eyes widened as she stood up “WHAT? Nicole have you gone crazy? You need to live!” Nicole sighed “I got an offer from where I work to produce an editorial for the magazine and it is my biggest dream Anna” Anna was getting frustrated as she said “Nicole for goodness sake you are freaking sick! We need to cure you so that you get to do your dream for a long time” Nicole stared at her doctor “I only need a year to finish this. Would it be possible?” Her doctor shook her head “If you are not undertaking chemotherapy, I’m afraid you wouldn’t last that long” Anna ruffled her hair “Please Nicole, undergo this and get well!” Nicole smiled “3-5 months is enough maybe?” Anna was getting frustrated as she sat down and was glaring at Nicole who in turn held her hand and looked at her with a smile. “Look Anna, I know you only want the best for me and want me healed but after a lot of thoughts and reflecting, I decided to just accept this and continue on with my life. I am also not giving this opportunity up since it has been 5 years before I got this offer” Anna glared at her “But Nicole..” “Shh just trust me okay? I am strong Anna, you’re the person who knows that the best” Anna sighed in defeat “Fine. But in turn you have to take in any medicine she will give you” Nicole smiled and nodded. “Nicole here are the lists of what you need, do and avoid. If you have any change of mind, approach me okay?” Nicole got the paper and hugged the doctor and her friend “Thank you”

 

6PM

 

“Minseok-a, do well today. This is the client we are really eyeing, so fix your manners only just for now okay?” Minseok nodded as they greeted the clients at the table. “Hi, it’s a pleasure to meet you” Xiumin greeted everyone and sat down. “You must be Xiumin, now I could see why you’re currently the trend in Korea” Xiumin smiled “Thank you. So where is the client who wanted to meet me?” The manager sighed with the sudden replied of his artist but what can he do? He can only sigh. “Uhm, about that. Your client will arrive tomorrow, we were only sent here to inform you about that” The manager took the opportunity to make a good impression “Oh Xiumin is more than happy to pick her up at the airport, right?” Xiumin was flustered and made a face at his manager who only did the same. Xiumin forced a smile, defeated and said “Yes. I’m more than happy to” the others smiled and thanked him while he was silently cursing his manager. The dinner continued on until all his schedule was finished.

 

“Boarding for A Airline for Seoul is now accepting passengers. Please head towards gate 2F”

“Nicole, are you sure about this?” Anna pouted as he stared at the smiling Nicole. “Anna, I need to go home and start doing my editorial there. I told you to trust me, right?” Anna sighed “But I’m going to miss you” she suddenly hugged Nicole. “So do I. Be well okay? I’ll be back soon” Anna gave her last farewell to Nicole who now was boarding the plane as she sighed and mumbled “Here goes nothing”

 

10AM (the next day)

 

“I can’t believe I’m freaking sent here to pick up that freaking late client. It isn’t my fault she was busy and did not board the original scheduled flight so we could get this over with” Xiumin groaned while his manager sighed “Look, you just need to make a good impression on her okay? So you could surely get it” Xiumin got ready to get out “Whatever” as soon as he opened the doors, his perfect disguise won as people were not able to recognize him. “Now where is the arrival place” Xiumin was focused searching for the place when he bumped into someone. He was about to apologize but was immediately replaced with anger when the person’s coffee spilled over his Chanel jacket “What the? YA!” the girl on the other hand was searching for a tissue as she hurriedly wiped the spilled coffee on his jacket “Omo! I’m really really sorry I didn’t mean to-“ Xiumin slapped the person’s hand away “Don’t dare touch my Chanel jacket and you did not mean to? Are you kidding me? If I know you’re one of my sasaeng fans are you?” Nicole was speechless at the guy as she threw the tissue on his face “What a rotten attitude you have here mister!” Xiumin scoffed as he removed his face mask “I’m Xiumin for crying out loud stop pretending you freaking sasaeng!” Nicole scoffed in return “I don’t freaking care whoever you are, Xiumin-ssi. I can’t believe anyone would be a fan of yours with your rotten attitude!” Xiumin was about to burst into anger when the sudden announcement of the plane from London arrived. “You are lucky you small creature. When I see you next, you’re gonna get it” He was about to walk off when Nicole threw her cupcake to his face which caused the icing to mess his pretty face “I’m known for my bad patience so you better not mess with me. I’m not scared of you” Nicole gave him one last glare before walking off. Xiumin was shocked as he wiped the icing off his face “What the? WHAT IS UP WITH HER?” Xiumin was wiping everything off frustrated “How will I meet the client looking like this? That girl is a freaking joke!” “Omo is that Xiumin? “Oh my gosh it really is him!” Screaming fangirls started to crowd him as he was recognized, he in turn ran immediately towards the bathroom, to hide and clean up. Nicole on the other hand was searching for her friend, Nana. “Hey Nicole!” her friend hugged her. “Hi Nana! How are you?” Nana broke the hug as she pouted “You seem not happy to see me” Nicole sighed “I do it’s just that I met a jerk a while ago” Nana got her friend’s things and smiled “Looks like you have a story to tell. Let’s go!” Nicole smiled as she took one last glance back and mumbled “What a freaking jerk..” 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello my dear readers! The first chapter is up I hope you're not too disappointed. I did my very best but I always find the first chapter the most difficult to write so forgive me :( Please comment on what you think so far and please suggest another male I need to use for the succeeding chapters. Keep supporting me, you all mean a lot in encouraging me :)