New Day, New Year

We May Have Some Chemistry

As a kind of ode, or a thanks, or even maybe an obligation to my story that kind of inspired this story, this first section is going to be in Seohyun’s POV but that’s it; no POV’s are happening again in the story. Enjoy!
-----------------------------------------

 

“Miss? Miss.”

Cotton candy clouds are raining skittles. I’m sliding down a rainbow. I want to land on the unicorn’s back. I want to land—

“Miss!”

Aw, . I missed. Crap. The unicorn. It’s running away. I have to catch the unicorn. Oh, thank goodness it stopped. Unicorn, can we be friends? Wait, why do you have a human face?

My view was hazy as my eyes adjusted to the light streaming in from the bedroom window.

“Miss. You’re going to be late for school if you don’t get up right now.” One of the household maids was standing by my bed with her hands on her hips.
“It’s summer vacation,” I said, burrowing back into the covers, reveling in the delicate way the 5000 thread count quilt caressed my skin. “You tried this yesterday, Lina. You can’t fool me again.”

“It’s September 6th, Miss. School starts. Your perfect attendance—“

“Oh my god.” I sat up straight in bed. “It’s September 6th. School starts.”

“That’s what I said, Miss.” Lina had a smirk on her face as I groaned. “I’m going back downstairs but you better hurry up or the great Queen Madam will throw a fit.”

I rolled my eyes but Lina’s reference for my mother made me smile. I sighed as I brushed my teeth looking into the mirror, bed head staring back at me. Mother was a stickler about first impressions and my first day at the new school was reason for inspection. Stifling a yawn, I stumbled back into my room and slipped on the outfit I had for today, before giving my appearance the once over in the wardrobe mirror.

 

At the god forsaken hour of 6 in the morning, the mansion was already full of life. Mother was in the middle of it all, directing two burly men to place the new couch in the living room.

“Mother, are you redecorating again?”
“It’s Jean Paul Gaultier.” She stated. “Move it right 2 inches.”

“The last time I checked, he was designing clothes, not couches.”

“It’s a gift, idiot. I told him I was getting sick of the coach your father’s useless, flirtatious secretary got and Jean Paul sent this beautiful number in this morning. He has fabulous taste.” She dismissed the movers with a wave of her hand and turned to stare me down. “Unlike you, obviously.”

She the edge of my Calvin Klein tee and glanced disdainfully down at the wide belt and the blue Lucky Jeans.

“You’re going to ruin our reputation, Seo Jeohyun! Do you want everyone at your new school to think we’re poor? Have some dignity!”

“No one’s going to think we’re poor, Mother. Father is on the freaking cover of the Fortune Korea on the stands right now.”

“Do you like the tie I picked out for him? It’s a Dior vintage. A little reminder of old wealth for those naïve little dream-too-hard fools out there. I’ll go pick out an outfit for you too.”

“Mother. I’m not wearing a cocktail dress to high school, Chanel or McQueen or whatever. Which is what will happen if you go up there right now.”
“Alright, alright. I have Pilates in a few minutes so I’m going to get ready.” She scowled as she turned away. “Go eat your breakfast before you’re late.”
“It’s 6:15, Mother.”

I muttered the reply I knew she would give—first impressions count—as her voice wafted down from somewhere inside her cavernous closet.

“First impressions really do count, Seohyun. Don’t forget to take your Prada with you!”

I was just a few words off really.

 

I sat down at the dining table alone. The large oak table felt empty even though it was the same way almost every day. Father’s new excuse for not coming home was that he was busy implementing the changes he had announced at the end of the last fiscal quarter.

“G-g-good morning, miss.” A timid voice distracted me from my thoughts. This maid seemed to be new. I tried to smile reassuringly but it only served to make her more flustered. She held out a glass of juice as her hands shook uncertainly. I blinked once and the staining liquid had already splashed onto the front of my shirt.

“Oh my gosh! I’m so sorry. I’m so sorry. What do I do?”

“Seohyun, is everything alright?” My mother called from the main entrance.

I saw the maid’s stricken expression before I grinned at her and called out “I’m fine. Have fun at Pilates!”

“What’s your name?” I asked the trembling woman.

“K-katrina, miss. I’m so sorry. Miss, please don’t fire me. I need this job.”

I stared at her. “Who said anything about firing you?”

I got up and beckoned her to follow me up the stairs. I walked into my room and gestured towards the door that led to my closet.

“Katrina, I just wanted to ask you, which shirt do you think would look better with my outfit?”

 

15 minutes later, I was in my white sports car, ready to go, wearing a crisp white blouse with a Versace vintage scarf around my neck that Katrina had picked out. Mentally though, I wasn’t ready at all. I wasn’t so sure about this Seoul Academy thing after having been in school in the States for most of my life. What were Korean kids like? Were they cliquey? Did they like sports? I shrugged. At least I had full blown Korean lessons ever since I could remember. And thank god, there was no dress code. Oh and thank god, I wouldn’t be introducing myself in front of the class since it was the first day of the school year. With some many blessings, what could go wrong?

 


“Hyung! Wake-up! Hyuuuung!!” The annoying pre-recorded voice of Jungshin filled the spacious room.

Goddaminit, I thought I told them to get rid of it, Yonghwa groaned as he rolled over in bed and clapped the pillow over his ears.

“I’m not annoying Hyung! I’m doing you a favor!” 

Without even a glance up, Yonghwa threw his pillow in the general direction of his door, hoping to hit his best friend.

Jungshin smoothly dodged the awkwardly thrown pillow and began nagging.

“You should be grateful. Nobody wants to be late on the first day of class. That would just make a bad impression.”

“Shut up, who let you in here?” With his pillow no longer in his possession, Yonghwa pulled the covers over his head instead.

“I charmed my way in here with my special combination of fabulous aegyo and manly charisma.”

“Pfft, yea right. Drag queen getup would suit you better.” Although the words were biting, Jungshin could most definitely hear the smile on Yonghwa’s face and knew his intrusion was being forgiven.

“C’mon, if you don’t get up now, my efforts in ensuring that my wonderful best friend is on time will have been completely wasted.”

Yonghwa reluctantly sat up and rubbed the sleep out of his eyes.

“If people were paid to nag, you’d be a multibillionaire. Honestly, you probably just want a ride in my Maserati.”

Jungshin gasped in mock pain. “How dare you doubt my genuine intentions?”

“Give me back my pillow so I can throw it at you again.”

 

In the backseat of his Maserati, windows tinted for one purpose, Yonghwa found himself thanking Jungshin for waking him up this morning. His hands were cupped around the full s of the blonde girl straddling him as she covered his mouth in a sloppy kiss before he reluctantly pushed her away.

“Hyerin, the bell is going to go and I promised Jungshin I’d help him set up for the Introductory Assembly.”

“You’re such a loyal friend,” purred the girl, but she glanced up through her lashes coyly, undoing the fourth button down her blouse. “But can you resist some of this?”

“Hyerin, nobody likes a . Put your clothes back on.” Yonghwa said coldly, roughly pushing the girl off his lap. The way the girls at this school just threw themselves at him was starting to be a turn-off.

“Oppa, I’m sorry. I just missed you so much,” simpered the girl, her eyes slightly welling up with tears. Yonghwa felt a bit sorry for her. Besides, her father was the CEO and founder of Lee Tech; being mean would just cause unwanted trouble.

“Alright, I understand. I’ll meet you at the usual place tomorrow.”

Hyerin’s expression instantly brightened. “Ok! I’ll be there.”

“Run along now.” He patted her playfully as she giggled and stepped out of his car. It was time for some new conquests; he was getting sick of airheads.

Just then, a beautiful white Jaguar convertible pulled into the lot. He was admiring its sleek lines when the tires screeched against the concrete, causing Yonghwa to cringe visibly. Now, he was really curious as to see the driver and find out who could be wrecking this beauty. Then, he realized that the girl stepping out of the car was the real beauty. She was dressed in a simple white blouse and blue jeans, her hair rippling softly in the slight breeze but what caught Yonghwa’s attention were her eyes. They were so clear that he could feel himself falling into them, even from 3 meters away.

But well, the way her looked in jeans definitely helped too. He made sure to keep behind her as they made their way towards the school doors.

 

 


A/N: Well, here we go. Setting off on the first chapter of our journey. I know Minhyuk’s the nagger of the group but well, I have another role for him so Jungshin, please do the honors. I’m excited to get this story revving, and to meet all of you readers. I’m kind of confused on what to mark Rated though. Do you guys think that this chapter should be marked Rated for the little car fling Yonghwa had?

Thank you to all the supporters of the story that inspired this story, especially all 93 of my subscribers and my awesome upvoters. All is Fair (http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/34421/all-is-fair-in-love-and-shakespeare-seohyun-yonghwa-yongseo) will still be available but I'm going to treat it as experimentation for this fic. 

Please comment and subscribe and let me know your thoughts!