01

UNTITLED FANFIC (NEEDS TITLE)

Two girls were staying under a shady tree on the park. It was another hot summer afternoon, and they had drinks on their hands.
"Unnie," Eunmi sticks her elbow and elbows the girl sitting beside her. "Don't you think, that they deserve a chance?" The straw in her lips made a slurping sound.
Hyeju extends her neck after taking a sip on the drink on her hand. "I think not, Hyeri has learned her lesson and for Pete's sake!" Her voice echoes on the park and some passer's by turns their head to them. 
"SSHH!" She said putting a pointy finger on her lips.
She rolled her eyes. "We're almost graduating in our college degrees Mimi, Hyeri and Kai is long over since we were high school seniors. Psh. You know, Kai..." Then she extends her neck again because a little far was their bestfriend Hyeri with Kai. The two of them were looking at them from behind. "Kai has some girls. There. Here. To the side. Tumbling." She cackles a joke but then paints a serious face again.
"But," Eunmi puts on an argument. "They are match made in heaven, I know they broke up back then, then after a year they started seeing each other again. Music binds them together. Just look at them." She pointed out, Kai was playing with his guitar and HyeRi was singing along and laughing. The youngest among the 3 of them, EunMi, has seen how Hyeri cried over Kai but she still believes that they were meant for each other.
Hyeri might have noticed somebody staring at them; she turn to the side and saw the two of her best friends. She waved her hand at them, a signal for them to join them there on the grass. Kai smiles, the usual smile that he loves to show.
She smiles at them then turns to the girl beside her. "I know Kai has a girlfriend, I mean girlfriends and I don't like her. I'm just being honest." 
Without hesitation she drags Hyeju towards Kai and Hyeri. It was Hyeju's idea to stayed for a while and observe their friend from a far. As the oldest, Hyeju, is very concern for Hyeri because she believes that her friend is stupid when it comes to love.
"Now, Hyeju's singing," Kai said as an introductory greeting. "What song?"
"There's no hello first?" She throws a question with the series of eye rolls. 
Eunmi giggles and sat down on the blanket. The picnic basket is opened, the food is just waitng to be prepared. "Mianhe Kai-ssi, she's just not on the mood."
"Ah," he sighed and shows a mocking smile. "She doesn't like me since we were highschool."
"Good thing you know," Hyeju rolls her eyes again, but she's not intending to insult Kai.
But he just laugh and strums the guitar. "Wah, you two have changed. You're...prettier."
"It seems like you hesitated on that," EunMi still giggling.
He shook his head. "Aniyo."
"Aren't you telling them something," Hyeri said without looking at him. She takes the food on display. 
Eunmi turns out excited and almost screaming. "What?" She's expecting for the two of them to be dating again.
"Remember, Taewon? He's throwing a party and he told me to desiminate the news to our batch."
"When?"
"Two days from now, it's Sunday."
Eunmi is still excited about this eventhough her expectations crash landed to the ground. "Unnie are you going? I will go if you two are going."
"It's hard to decline," Hyeju said putting her drink down. "Let's see who's changed and who's a parent."
Hyeri turns to them. "I heard that girl on the other section, has a baby already."
"Who?"
"I forgot her name, but I can still remember her face."
The topic goes from here to there. The how are yous and 'how's your lovelife going' started.
Kai tells them about his girlfriend, "Well she's completely a nice girl. What I'm hoping for is, not to get...you know."
Hyeju bursted into laughters. "To all the girls I've loved before."
He sulks and twitches his lips, and murmors to himself.
"But I'm still supporting KaiRi tandem," Eunmi with her enthusiasm and hopes. "You two should date again."
"It's impossible." Kai still wide eyes.
"I prefer the two of us friends, because I just realize that I can be who I want to be and just be crazy with him around," Hyeri shows her dimples. "Right Kai?"
He nodded together with a nae.
Eunmi pushes Kai by the shoulder. "If only you were a loyal before, you couldn't have lost my loving Unnie. You playboy."
"I've changed." :O
"Let's just see about it."

It was sundown when they parted ways and exchanged numbers. The three girls hangs out on Hyeri's place for a chat and sharing food cooked by Hyeri's Grandmother. She's a great cook and a nice old lady.
"Unnie, how's your boyfriend?" She was referring to HyeJu.
She rolls on the bed with her phone on her hand. "Among the three of them, who are you referring to?"
Hyeti throws a pillow at her. "That's why you never get along with Kai because you are a playgirl."
"Whatever." Then she holds her phone to her ears. "Oppa~"