The Annoyances

Mistaken for a Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Four

The Annoyances

 

"Excuse me?" Sungmi asked, breaking out of her staring daze. 

Kai leaned closer to her and waved the box right in front of her nose. "Why. Do. You. Have. Tampons. In. Your. Bathroom," he enunciated slowly as if she was stupid. At that moment, however, she probably did look stupid. 

"Huh? Wh-what?" she stuttered. Sungmi, you have to think of something! Hurry! She stood frozen in panic for what seemed like eternity before a thought popped into her head. What was that one chick flick called again? 

Oh! "They're..uh...used for my nosebleeds. I get nosebleeds a lot, you know, and all I have to do when I get them--" she reached a hand into the box Kai was holding and pulled out a tampon, "is put them in like this." She stuffed the thing up her nose. "And it stops." Sungmi chose the worst thing to do at that moment. She grinned. 

 

What the hell? Kai thought. He looked at the boy in front of him like he was delusional. Actually, he probably was delusional. He had never met somebody that was so weird or strange enough to stick a female menstrual "object" up his freaking nasal. What was going on inside that head anyways? Kai wasn't so sure anymore if he was safe staying with this boy. Sooner or later, he was going to end up being a lunatic just like him. 

Kai shook his head and brushed against the boy as he headed back into the room where he was staying. It felt kind of awkward standing there because he felt the guy's eyes scruntinize him like he was an exhibit at the museum. Was he envious of his body? Of course, Kai knew that he was pretty fit and had worked his off for his defined abdomen, but for a guy to stare in that way was just...weird. 

 

Damn it. It seems like "She's the Man" didn't really help me out much, Sungmi thought. She should've just came up with some other lame excuse rather than stuff the tampon up her nose. Before Kai came, she was already a clumsy and awkward person, but his presence only seemed to make it worse. How many times had she been made a fool of today? Once, twice? More than she could count? 

Before she could beat herself up any longer, Kai came out of his room, this time fully clothed. His hair was still wet from the shower and he had a towel wrapped around his shoulders. He walked into the kitchen and Sungmi could hear her refridgerator open and close and small grunt come from him. Immediately she felt guilty; he was her guest and she didn't even have any food for him to eat. 

But then again, it was because of him that her stomach was growling and demanding food anyways. He had hindered her from visiting her favorite food carts on this fine Saturday. No one was to blame. 

Footsteps approached her from behind. She heard a quiet munch and felt a hand grip onto her shoulder and twist her around. Kai was biting into something while trying to speak. "Yah, why dun you have any fwood? Your fwidge is serwving no purpush right now," he garbled. 

Sungmi felt a blush creep up her cheeks as she was plainfully aware of his hand resting on her shoulder. He looked so cute right now that she just wanted to pinch his cheeks and go "Aigoo!" like what mothers do to their babies. If it was possible for hearts to float out of your eyes, Sungmi's would be crying with hearts. It was a bit ironic that Kai was complaining about food while he was eating something, but at that moment, she couldn't take her mind off of how adorable he was. She caught herself grinning weirdly at him and stopped before he noticed. 

"I eat takeout," she quipped. She looked up at the clock that read ten p.m. Darn, it was too late for takeout right now. She was hungry like a bear and there was nothing to eat. 

As if he could read her thoughts, Kai immediately supplied, "It's too late for takeout." Sungmi nodded in agreement. 

Kai suddenly pulled his hand off her shoulder and walked towards the door, throwing the food wrapper away in the bin. Sungmi watc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter