Chapter 3

Story Behind U-Kiss And How They Met
Please log in to read the full chapter

The cold outside was lethal. It was in the middle of Winter here in the heart of Seoul, and this year it somehow was a lot colder than usual. Dongho had to bring a scarf to school, Kevin had to bring a really big woollen which made him look like he had a tiny head, Eli sat in a corner rolled up in a ball and I hugged myself..literally..my arms were tightly wrapped around my body because I needed to keep all the heat from my woollen sweater inside or I will freeze from hypothermia. But there was one thought that kept us all warm. Camp is tomorrow.

Little Dongho was partially sick since he was coughing and having a high temperature. I was in a cabin with Eli, Dongho, Kevin and there were some guys I didn’t know. I was eager to go home and pack my bags because I couldn’t wait for my first ever camp as a grade. I was also looking forward to spend 3 nights in a room with the people I just met. Wouldn’t that be fun..?

It was 7 months ago when I bumped into Dongho, talked to Kevin, and found out about Eli’s new life. It all happened so fast.. Now Dongho and Kevin became my best friends alongside Eli and AJ, ad Eli couldn’t look happier with all the food he could get now. On AJ’s birthday back in June, Eli bought him a whole collection of books, from Maths, to English, to Korean, to Physics and a lot more subjects. I will never forget his face when he saw Eli push a cart with a mountain of books at the front of his house. I was next to Eli, and I witnessed the whole thing. Probably AJ’s best day of the year.

The day started off badly with how cold it was, and also because of Mr Im’s unnecessary babbling. At this time of point, we didn’t care about anything more but camp. People started having countdowns..by minutes, mind you. ‘1449 minutes left until camp!’ one would say..or ‘1 day and 9 minutes to go until we get to go on the bus to the Scouts Camp!’. That basically went on for the whole day. Instead of worrying about the cold, even though it was quite hard to, we lightened everyone’s day by reminding each other about everything we would do at camp. The teachers added extra people to groups that didn’t have 10 people, so we basically have 5 strangers in our room for 3 days tomorrow.. Right now, I was thinking ‘Wouldn’t it be hella awkward sleeping in the same room with strangers?’. At least I would have 4 people I know.

For the past few months Dongho, Kevin, AJ, Eli and myself formed a group that caught a lot of attention just because of how ‘cool’ we were. *facepalm*. AJ, Eli and I met back in primary. I was in a fight with AJ when we were reading a book together since the teacher forced us to. I would flip a page and say ‘It’s one page.’ as I showed it to AJ and wiggled it, to show that I am holding only one page. He would always try to fight back and tell me that it was two, so he would hold one ‘page’ and point to both sides then count ‘One...and...twooooo.’ sounding like I knew nothing about life. -.-

Well, you might think that the story behind how I met Eli was very ‘adorable’ or ‘cheesy’, but it started when I dropped my icecream cone. The school was handing out free icecream for our class because of our ‘outstanding behaviour’. Eli wasn’t sitting too far away and saw me crying, choking out ‘I-it-it’s my icecream...it was chocolate..I love chocolate..’ to my stuffed bear. He shyly and unsurely approached me with small shuffles and stuck one perfect icecream cone at my face.

”Take it. I’ve eaden teyoo alwedy.” young Eli said (his English was really bad back then, but was adorable as F) as he waved the cone in front of my face. Like I said...he eats a lot but still stays skinny. Hacks So without hesitation I took it and smiled back. After that we took the time to know each other more and gradually became best friends.

At night our parents once again wanted us to have a sleepover, just to make it easier for transport since AJ’s parents were working early tomorrow morning, and because the rest of my family will be going for a trip somewhere. They must be happy to have me gone, because they also did the countdown the students in our school did. 12 hours left.

I arrived at Eli’s with my suitcase for camp at around 6pm, just 5 minutes before AJ came. The house was totally different since everything was actually inside the house…and it looks

Please log in to read the full chapter