CHAPTER THREE

INHUMAN

 


The house exploded with Kris’ voice.

“WHO THE HECK IS THIS?!” Kris yelled furiously, his voice loud enough to scare all the birds on the tree outside the window away.

The other eleven people in the room cringed.

“HOW THE HECK SHOULD I KNOW?!” Kai yelled back, rolling his eyes. He was feeling as lost as Kris right at the moment.

Kris glanced at the unconscious stranger who was on the floor before turning his head away, rubbing his temples.

“I have already told you not to bring anybody into this house and after ten years you actually bring in a human? Are you out of your mind?”

“It’s not like he’s my girlfriend!” Kai protested.

“Of course he’s not your girlfriend; he is a boy,” Kris pointed out. “I don’t care if he is a boy or a girl. As long as it is someone, it is NOT allowed!”

“But it’s not me who bring him into this house, he came in by himself,” Kai slapped his forehead in frustration. “I thought I saw someone in the kitchen so I went to check, but he faints when I saw him.”

“Just throw or push him out of the door after he wakes up,” Kris replied, obviously not listening to Kai’s explanation.

“How am I supposed to push or throw him out?!”

“How should I know? You can scare him, it’s not like he can see you.” Kris retorted.

“Scare him? It sounds like a good idea…” Kai muttered.

“What?” Kris frowned.

“I mean, he can see us… and touch us…” Sehun looked down at the floor and muttered under his breath.

Just then, Kris and Suho who were just about to leave the room came to a sudden halt. The remaining ones in the living room ceased all their actions and turned their heads towards Kai and Sehun.

“What did you just say?” Suho said with his eyes widened.

“He said this person can see us and we can touch and feel him.” Baekhyun piped up.

“What the heck? Kai, Sehun, are you trolling us? He is a normal person, how can he possibly see us?” Kris rolled his eyes. “We all know that no living things could ever see us, and we can’t touch any living thing.”

“Hey, isn’t trolling supposed to be my job?” Chen shouted loudly from a corner of the room.

“Oh, shut up, Chen!” Luhan shouted at him. “Sit down;you are blocking my view!”

“Yah, Kris hyung, please use your brain. If he can’t feel us, how did I drag him out of to kitchen and into the living room? Besides that, if it is not for seeing us, there is no other reason for him to faint.” Kai said, locking eyes with Kris.

For once Kris is speechless. He turned away and walked upstairs to his room with an undesirable look on his face.

 

Just then, D.O fidgeted.

“mphmphmph….. MPHMPHMPHHHH!!!!!“

Kai and the others jumped in surprise.

“OHMYGAWD HE IS AWAKE!” Xiumin nearly shouted the whole house down.

Everyone gathered around D.O and examined him as though he was an alien.

D.O’s eyes widened in surprise when the first thing he saw when he opened his eyes was ten boys looking down at him with curious written all over their faces. He was even surprised to find himself lying on the ground with his mouth gagged and his body bounded by ropes.

Sehun bent down and removed the cloth from D.O’s mouth.

“WHERE THE HECK AM I?! WHO ARE YOU ALL? WHO AM I?! WAIT, NO, WHERE THE HECK AM I?!” D.O yelled out loudly in shock at once.

“Omygawd, Luhan hyung, I am scared! Is he a ghost? Why does he talk?! I am so scared of ghosts!” Tao yelled as he hid behind Luhan, tugging onto him. Then a confused expression crossed his face. “Wait… Omygawd why are you a ghost too? Why are all of you ghosts? Argh there are ghosts everywhere!”

“Tao, have you forgotten what had happened? You are a ghost, we are ghosts, and only he is a human,” Luhan rolled his eyes and pointed at D.O.

“Owh…” Tao calmed down and nodded.

“…” Everyone looked at him, instantly speechless.

“So… am I supposed to sit here, or should I stand up and walk away? Any suggestions?” D.O broke the ropes that bounded him as if the ropes were merely thin threads and stood up. Then he began to walk away.

“Wait a second… No, sit down first,” Suho gripped D.O’s shoulders and pulled him to a couch which was placed in the middle of the room, forcing him to sit down. “So, tell me briefly about yourself.”

“Okay, easy,” D.O replied, shrugging off Suho’s hands from his shoulders.. “I am a man, a human who lives on Earth and currently I am sitting here in a totally spooky – abandoned house.  And I am about to leave right now!”

D.O stood up and walked to the door as fast as he could.

“Yah yah!! Stop right there!” Kai yelled and gripped D.O’s shoulders, turning him around to face himself. “No one talks to Suho hyung like that!”

“Oh, is that so? Well, then I am the first one to do so,” D.O replied.

“What the…?!” Kai nearly cursed out aloud but stopped in time after receiving a glare from Kris. “Hey, you are obviously younger than Suho hyung. Don’t you even know respect?”

“No,” D.O replied with a casual look on his face.

Kai flared up. “Who is your father? Didn’t he ever teach you how to be polite? You better apologize to Suho hyung right now!”

“No, because I DON’T HAVE A FATHER!” D.O bursted out in rage. “And if you keep on grabbing my shoulders just to get me to answer those stupid questions of yours, I am sure that I am going to punch you in your face in seconds.”

“No, you won’t dare to,” Kai shot back.

Kai and D.O locked eyes, staring into each other’s eyes intensely.

“Oh WOW, this, is, just, exciting! Where is my bubble tea?”

“Sehun, remember to bring one cup for me too,” Luhan called out.

“One.” D.O began to count.

“I don’t even think that you have a to do it,” Kai laughed.

“Two…”

“Come on, I’m waiting.”

D.O clenched his right fist tightly and brought it up slowly.

“Three.”

“Come on!”

D.O swung his fist towards Kai as hard as he could, but his fist was caught by someone else.

“My castle is not a place for fighting!” A deep voice boomed out.

D.O looked up at the man who had caught his fist. He was unbelievingly tall and D.O had to stretch his neck to get a good view of his face. Besides that, he was quite strong too. In D.O’s entire life, no one had been able to stop his fist.

“What is all these commotion about?” He asked sternly, looking from D.O to Kai.

“Kr… Kris, erm…” Kai paused abruptly as Kris shot a deathly glare at him.

“Kris, this is the boy who came into our castle and fainted not long ago.” Suho stepped in after noticing the tension growing.

“Oh, so this is the boy?” Kris looked at D.O amusedly, eyeing him from head to toe.

“I’m not a boy!” D.O argued. “I’m twenty-two years old for goodness’ sake!!”

Suho and Kris ignored him pointedly.

“Yes and apparently according to Kai and Sehun, he can see us and also feel us. I believe that you have seen it just now and it is true.” Suho replied.

“Yes, and I can see that he is very strong too,” Kris replied. “I’ve never met anyone with such strength before.” Kris glanced at the shorter male in front of him before letting go of his fist.

D.O usually didn’t get scared but right now it was otherwise. To be honest, he wasn’t so scared – until this someone who called Kris showed up. He could feel his strong presence and there was something about him that was intimidating. Right now, he may look alright outside but deep inside he was actually petrified.

Kris then signaled D.O to follow him. D.O followed obediently without arguing this time. Both of them sat down on the couch in the living room.

“Who are you?” Kris asked sternly.

“I’m Do Kyung Soo, but I prefer people to call me D.O.”

“Wow, Kris really had an effect on him. It seems like he was freaking out inside.” Sehun whispered into Kai’s ear. Kai smirked.

“Okay, D.O, who are you – I mean, how old are you, where do you came from and what is the purpose of you coming here?” Kris asked again.

“Erm… Apparently I’m twenty-two years old this year and I live just behind your castle.”

“Owh, so you live in the mansion?” Kris raised an eyebrow.

“Yeap.”

“Go on.”

“And my parents – Well, they are not my parents, so I’m not going to talk about them.”

“Okay, as you wish. Go on.”

“I did not come here intentionally so there is no purpose of me coming.”

Kris looked slightly confused. “How did you came into our house then?”

“Well, I just opened the gate and used my own legs to walk in. The gate and door are not locked that time, so –“

“It was NOT LOCKED?!” Kris turned towards Tao, glaring at him. “TAO! I thought that I’ve told you to lock the gate!”

“Okay okay, I’m sorry! I forgot!” Tao said apologetically.

Kris turned back to D.O. “When you are in our house did you noticed anything peculiar?”

“No, it was pitch black and the only thing I could see is the dark face of the one who was standing beside the door right now.” D.O said, shooting deathly glares at Kai. Kai noticed it and glared back harder, and the eye battle kept going on.

“Alright, ALRIGHT! Both of you better stop that at once. D.O, I’m done with you now. Guys, it’s time for bed.” Kris ordered. “And Kai, D.O will be sharing your room.”

“WHAT?!” Kai and D.O shouted out in unison. They looked at each other for a few seconds before turning away.

“What ‘what’?” Kris said with a glare. “It’s not like the world is going to end soon, just shut up and go to bed.”

“Wait,” D.O raised up his hand, confused. “I thought that you all are ghosts.”

“Yes, we are.” A guy with prominent cheekbones replied. “What about that? You still don’t believe that we are ghosts? Do you want us to prove it to you?”

“Chen, be quiet,” Kris said without looking at him. He studied D.O’s expression. “As you can see, we are not ordinary ghosts. We cannot feel physical pain, but we have emotions. No living thing can see us or feel us, or even touch us. In return, we also cannot touch any living thing. But there is one thing; we all will feel tired like ordinary human beings.”

A frown appeared between D.O’s eyebrows. “It’s weird; I’ve never heard of anything like this before.”

“No one ever met with such situations before,” Kris corrected him. “We, too, were all surprised at first, but we slowly get used to it.”

“How do you all turned into ghosts?” D.O asked again. “Does something happen?”

 “It’s a very long story, and I don’t think that you will be interested to hear it.Now, let us go for rest. We are all tired and need to rest.” Kris said, changing the subject quickly.

“Sleep?” D.O glanced at his watch. “But it was just… ten o’clock.”

Wait, ten o’clock? D.O himself was surprised by the current time. How long had he been unconscious?

Damn, D.O thought. Now I’m spending a night with ghosts. That’s fine, but spending it with Kai? Argh.

Kris disappeared to upstairs within a few seconds. D.O thought that he seemed like a unsocialized person.

 Instead of going to bed, all of the remaining ghosts, except for Kai, started to gather around D.O again.

“Are you real? Can I poke you?”

“Yes, I’m real,” D.O replied. “But no, you can’t poke me.”

“I’ve never seen a human in ages!”

And the questioning session went on and on for hours.

“Guys, guys! It is already one in the morning now,” D.O called out in frustration.. “If you are not tired, I am tired, so I’m going to sleep now!”

“Guys! Let’s sleep now!” Suho gathered the other ghosts and went upstairs with them. Suho gave D.O an impression of a mother leading her kids to bed. He chuckled silently at the thought.

After they left, only D.O and Kai were left in the room.D.O went over and collected his belongings. His suitcase was so big that Kai assumed that it could crush all the bodies of his friends. It was a marvel that D.O could carry this big suitcase by himself.

Without knowing the reason, Kai walked over. “Yah, let me help you.”

“Get away from me.” D.O replied coldly.

“I’m offering you a hand and you are turning it down?” Kai ruffled his own hair in annoyance. “Is this how you like to treat me?”

“Yes, what about that?”

“Last call, let me help you.” Kai reached for D.O’s bag and made a grab for it.

“Yah! Get your hands off my bag or else I’m going to punch you for real this time!”

“Do you love punching that much? Why don’t you be a boxer instead?” Kai lifted up D.O’s suitcase, oblivious to his warning.

“I might be one if I had met you earlier!” D.O shot back.

“This is the last time I’m offering to help you. DO YOU WANT ME TO HELP YOU?!”

“NO!” D.O pulled his suitcase away from Kai.

“Alright then. I’ll see you when you finished unpacking your stuff.”

D.O rolled his eyes.

Just then. Kai’s leg got caught in one of the strap of D.O’s bag. He tripped and fell onto D.O who was standing right in front of him. Both of them were sent flying to the ground.

D.O’s eyes instantly widened and so does Kai’s. The distance between their faces was so close that their lips nearly touched. They stared into each other’s eyes, clearly hearing the breathing of each other. They went numb and remained in this position for a few seconds before D.O finally screamed and broke free, breaking the silence.

“ERT!!! How could you ever do that to me?!” D.O almost screamed.

“Ok, ok I’m sorry! It’s not my fault either; it was the strap of your bag that tripped me!”

“BUT… BUT YOU COULD HAVE BEEN CAREFUL!”

“Oh, just shut up! You don’t want to wake Kris up, do you?”

D.O silenced immediately as he started to pick up his luggage and rushed upstairs.

Even in Kai’s bedroom the quarrel still went on.

“ert!” D.O shouted into the darkness.

Currently Kai was sleeping on a mattress while D.O was in his sleeping bag on the floor.

“Yah, stop it! I’ve already told you that I’m sorry!”

“But it still makes you a ert.”

“Shut up.”

“ert.”

“Shut up.”

“ert.”

“Shut up.”

“ert.”

“Shut up.”

“ert.”

“…”

Kai did not answer this time. Instead, the silence if the night was starting to fill with Kai’s steady breathing. D.O assumed that he was already asleep.

D.O sighed. He had never spent a night with ghosts before and this was a first. He tried his best to calm down. Finally, he closed his eyes and let himself to drift to dreamland.


A/N:

Exoticexotic: Actually I planned to write this fic since two years ago but I just can't find the right thing~ It's fate that I met Eve! XD I have updated as soon as possible ^^ enjoy!

EvEbLaSt: It's fate? *blushes* XD Anyways we'll be having our exams so there'll be projects and etc etc... But we'll try our best to update! :3