Chapter Three

The Fear of Losing You

Yixing took his time washing his hands after using the washroom. No, he wasn't a germaphobe, he just didn't want to get the school's instruments dirty. Not that his hands were that dirty in the first place. After drying his hands, he picked up his backpack and headed for the door. Just as he was about to open it, he heard a loud bang right outside. His hand froze in place. 'Did something happen?'

The boy pulled the door open to see students looking as confused as he was. Some were walking to the exit stairs. Yixing called out to one of the students standing in front of the door. "Excuse m-" Three more gun shots made it perfectly clear what was going on. Everyone began running towards the exit, which was at the end of the hall. Pushing, pulling, anything to get themselves to safety.

 

Yixing didn't like loud noises. In fact, he was afraid of them. If it was loud music, he'd be fine with it. Yixing loved music. But ever since he had that panic attack after hearing the sudden fire alarm in elementary school, he knew what his biggest fear was. While everyone else was lining up to leave, he had ran to the corner of the classroom. After that day, the fire drills were less frequent, and Yixing was told ahead of time if they were happening.

Yixing froze in the hallways, blocking his ears. He couldn't hear the shouts of the students and teachers, or the sound of their shoes running through the halls. With the people running and shoving him around, he found himself pushed back into the washroom. He fell to the floor, hands still raised to cover up his ears.

He found some strength to pull himself up, only to run to the back of the washroom. He hid behind the wall, curling up into a ball. Yixing rocked himself back and forth, humming softly. But no matter what, he couldn't get the ringing out of his head.

 

~~~

"Stupid Chanyeol." Baekhyun mumbled, stuffing the music sheets into his backpack. He slammed the locker closed, heading to the stairs. As he walked up, he heard a loud bang and several students came running down. "What the ?" He arched a brow as he started to run up the stairs. As he opened the door to the second floor, he was frozen by the sound of three gun shots.

 

Once he saw the other students running away, he began to run, too. 'Wait.' He stopped in his tracks, letting the other students push past him. 'Chanyeol and the others!' Baekhyun would've seen two giants (Chanyeol and Kris) through the crowd of students by now. They'd certainly stand out from the rest of the students. Baekhyun his heels and pushed his way through back up the stairs.

The second floor looked completely empty now. 'Maybe they didn't hear it.' He began to slowly walk through the halls, being cautious. Suddenly, he stopped. In the corner of his eye, Baekhyun saw a black figure marching down the right side of the hall. A black figure, which also seemed to be holding a black item. This urged him to run, so he did.

 

Baekhyun ran as fast as he could to the music room, not caring if his footsteps were a bit too loud. When he got to the room, he noticed that the windows were covered. 'They are in there!' He grabbed the door handle and pulled. He shook the handle as hard as he could. 'Please, please, please let me in.' He thought. As he yanked on the doorknob, he noticed another classroom, unlocked. He abandoned the music room and went to the room right across from it.

"Close enough." He whispered to himself. His eyes went to the teacher's desk in the back. 'I could hide there!' As he stepped forward into the classroom, the door slammed shut loudly. '.' He bolted to the back, dropping his phone on the ground on the way there. Ignoring it, he hid underneath the teacher's desk. Pulling his knees to his chest, he bit his lip.

 

'Please, let us all be okay in the end.'

 

~~~

"Hyung, are we allowed to use our phones?" Jongin asked. Junmyeon arched his brow. "I guess you can, if you're quiet." Jongin nodded and sat back down, pulling out his cell phone. "What are you doing?" Sehun asked, watching him dial a number. "I'm calling Taemin. We need to know what's going on outside." He held the phone up to his ear to listen to the ring. "Come on, come on. Pick up..." He tapped his fingers on the floor impatiently.

 

"Annyeong?" A familiar voice sang. "Taemin! Where are you?" Jongin almost yelled. "Outside in the quad. Why, where are you?" Taemin asked. "In the music room. The other members are here, too. What's going on out there, what happened?" The other members of the music club listened carefully.

"Apparently, some crazy dude brought a gun to school. He started shooting in the halls. The teacher evacuated all of us to the quad. They called the SWAT team, but they're not here yet." Kyungsoo grabbed the phone from Jongin. "SWAT team? Why do they need them?" He asked. "Why else? To search the halls, to check if it's safe." Kyungsoo clenched his hands tightly around the cell phone. "Y-You mean...he's still in the school?"

"Uh, yeah. Probably. A few people said they saw the guy on the second, but no one's seen him since then." Junmyeon crawled over and took the phone from Kyungsoo's hands. "Taemin. This is Junmyeon. Please ask a teacher what we should do." The boys waited patiently, listening to the shuffling sounds and faint voices.

 

"I'm sorry to tell you this, guys. But it looks like you're going to have to stay put. You're locked in until the SWAT team comes and gives the all clear. And judging by the size of this school, it's probably going to take a while."

~~~

"Great. We're stuck in a huge school with an armed crazy guy running around in it." Luhan groaned. "Shh, it's alright. We'll be safe here." Minseok put his hand on his back, rubbing it in soothing circles. "How do you know?" Jongdae asked. "There are about three hundred rooms in this school. Most likely this crazy guy has moved on upstairs." Minseok answered back.

"But what about Yixing, and Baek?" Chanyeol asked. "Yixing is probably stuck in the bathroom, and Baek...We don't even know where Baek is!" Kyungsoo shushed him. "Chanyeol, you're raising your voice, calm down." He sent Chanyeol one of his looks, which made him calm down a bit. "Chanyeol, stop it. I already told you. I bet Baek is out in the quad with the others."

Chanyeol whipped out his phone and began texting. "Who are you texting?" Tao asked. "Baekhyun." Baekhyun always answered texts from Chanyeol. One time when Chanyeol went to the States, he forgot that the time would be different overseas, but he texted Baekhyun anyway. Even though it was four in the morning in Seoul, he still managed to text back almost immediately with a happy emoticon. Chanyeol sent the text and set the phone on the floor. "He always answers within five minutes."

 

After ten minutes passed, Chanyeol felt like he was going to cry.


 

A/N: Hello~! I am back with another update! Again, I loved all of your comments, they make me so happy. But I've been feeling a bit insecure about this story. Are the chapters too short, should I write a bit more about the characters? And how is the story going? Please let me know, I really want to make this story better for you guys. But no mean comments, please! n_n

Thanks for reading, commenting, and subscribing!

7423270612_e150294ae7_z.jpg