Chapter Two

The Fear of Losing You

Everyone froze right where they were. That sounded like....but it couldn't have been, right? Several footsteps running could be heard in the hallways. Junmyeon, being the only one standing up and closest to the exit, started walking towards the door. "Jun, get away from there!" Kris whispered, standing up from his seat in the back. The said boy gave him an assuring nod and slowly opened the door. He peeked his head out and looked both ways. "I think it's oka-"

 

He was interrupted by three more gun shots echoing through the halls. "Jun!" Kris yelled, getting up from his seat. He grabbed the boy's waist, closed the door and pulled him to the back of the room. Chanyeol and Jongdae got up to push a desk in front of the door and cover up the classroom windows. "Everyone, find a spot against the wall, away from the door, and stay there." Junmyeon said, still shivering from the shock in Kris' arms.

 

 

The boys scattered around the room and sat down, staying completely silent. It was so quiet you could hear a pin drop on the floor. Everyone was struck with fear. They heard a single pair of footsteps running around outside. The person pulled on the doorknob, as if trying to open the door, making everyone stop breathing. After 15 seconds of listening to the doorknob being pulled on, it stopped. Then they heard a door slam, bringing out gasps.

 

"Hyung?" Tao asked, getting up from his seat. Junmyeon shushed him and Tao sat back down. "Hyung," He whispered this time. "What are we gonna do?"

"We're gonna stay here until we're sure it's safe." The leader whispered back. "But everyone else in the school probably evacuated by now!" Luhan exclaimed. "Well, it's too late now, isn't it? And there aren't any windows leading to the outside, so we're trapped. Best to just stay here." Kris said.

 

On the other side of the room, Chanyeol was on the ground, deep in thought. 'Baek's locker, Baek's locker... That would be on the floor below us. Does that mean he already evacuated with the others? No, Baek is pretty fast, by now he'd probably be... on his way here. That means, he might've been in the hallway when we heard the gunshots!'

Immediately, he got up from his seat and ran over to the door. "Chanyeol!" Kris half-screamed and whispered. "What are you doing?" Chanyeol did not look his way, and began moving the desk away from the door. "Baek went to his locker, I need to go get him." Minseok also got up from his seat to help usher Chanyeol back.

"Chanyeol, I'm sure Baekhyun evacuated with the others. He'll be fine." He put his hand on Chanyeol's shoulder, which the taller pulled back from. "You don't know Baek like I do. He'd be out in the hall by now. I need to go." Kris stood in front of the door, pushing Chanyeol back. "Chanyeol, no. It's too dangerous."

"I need to go get Baekhyun. Kris, move." But he didn't budge. Chanyeol began to get irritated and pushed Kris away himself, moving the desk as well. "Yeol, no!" Minseok pushed the desk back in front of the door. Kris grabbed Chanyeol's arm and pulled him to the back, sitting him down next to Jongdae. "If you go out there, you're putting all of our lives in danger. We're trying to keep everyone here safe." He growled in his ear.

Chanyeol replied with a grunt. 'How am I supposed to get Baek now?' Sighing out heavily, he looked over to Jongdae. The boy had his knees pulled up to his chest, eyes widened. "Dude, you okay?" Chanyeol asked. Jongdae replied by putting his head down. "Yixing went to the bathroom. That's the farthest away from the exit."

 


 

A/N: You don't know how mixed my emotions are right now. I got all happy reading your comments, so I tried my best to write up new chapter! But right now I'm getting ready for my eighth grade graduation, and I'm still figuring out how this website works, so it kinda took a while. Anyways, thanks for the lovely comments, it gave me butterflies in my stomach and a big smile on my face. :))

I was sad because I miss Kris, and now Baek is dating Taeyeon. My Baekyeol feels kind of went up and down. Down because, well, Taeyeon happened. Up because BAEKYEOL IS A TRENDING TOPIC ON TUMBLR. YES, TWO DAYS AGO I LOGGED ONTO TUMBLRAND SAW THIS.

 

Well, was. I checked again yesterday morning and now it's gone. I think it's kind of proof that most of the fandom ships Baekyeol more than BaekTae or whatever. I don't really like that ship, but I'm not gonna hate on them. Or support them. Or ship them. I'm just gonna let them be. n_n  Let me know what you think about the new chapter and/or BaekTae in the comments below! No hate please!