The First Day

I Love You Because...

Stepping on the cold concrete stairs of the school, on the first day of junior year, with her clammy palms tightly grasped onto the dangling straps of her back pack. The nervousness inside her, slightly showing though on her face. Letting go of the straps on her backpack Sunhi pushed the doors to the school open. Reaching into her pocket and pulling out a small piece of paper which had her locker number and class periods on it. She walked through an overwhelming hall full of teenage students to begin the search for her locker.

After walking through several halls full of lockers, she finally found her own. Opening up the locker and placing her jacket and extra books in. She placed the books that she would need for her first classes in her backpack and closed her locker. As she turned to began walking  to her first class she met eyes with a dark haired boy a few lockers down. He had an unreadable expression on his face. His dark - almost black eyes matched the dark color of his hair. His gaze seemed to mesmerize Sunhi as they stared at each other.

"PARK SUNHI" she heard calling behind her and reluctantly broke the gaze between her and the mysteriously wonderful boy.

She looked back to see her best friend Choi Hana running towards her, only to pull her into a tight hug. Sunhi tightly hugged her back, happy to see her best friend.
  
"I missed you over break" Hana bellowed

"I missed you too" Sunhi replied and sent her best friend a warm smile.

"Let me see your schedule" Hana said ripping the sheet of paper from Sunhi's hand. As Hana reviewed the schedule, Sunhi turned around to search for the dark haired boy, but he was no where in sight.

"Oh! Yay!" Hana hollered "We have home room together!" Hana said grabbing her hand and pulling her towards their homeroom.


---------------------------


After searching for a while Sunhi and Hana finally found their homeroom class and took a seat next to each other near the back of the rather large class room. Sunhi began to pull her books out of her backpack when she heard the teacher come in. The class full of students fell silent as the teacher began to introduce himself.

"Hello students, I'm teacher Jung. I will be the teacher you come to if you have any questions about your classes or grades. Now-" teacher Jung was interrupted by the door of the classroom opening and loud obnoxious laughs coming in from the hall. Six handsome boys walked into the classroom chattering with each other.

"Do you boys realize you are late?" Teacher Jung questioned.

"We got lost" one of the boys replied with attitude.

"Well now that you have interrupted my class, how about you introduce your selves?" Teacher Jung asked

"Kai" the first boy answered rudely and took a seat in front of Hana

"Hello I'm Suho" the next boy said politely and sat down next to Kai

"I'm Baekhyun" a brown haired boy said and smiled warmly,then sat down next to Hana

"Hi I'm Chanyeol" a massively tall boy said and sat down next to Sunhi, making her feel extremely awkward.

"Sehun" a boy with colorful hair said with a smile spread on his face and then sat down on the other side of Kai.
 
The last looked familiar to Sunhi. "I'm Kyungsoo" the boy said shyly while looking at his feet and took a seat in front of Chanyeol. Sunhi had realized that the last boy was the mesmerizing one she saw in the hallway earlier.

"Thank you boys" teacher Jung said "Now let get started with class"

----------------------------

After Sunhi's morning classes she headed to the lunch room with Hana. Grabbing their lunch they headed to a table and began to munch on their food.

"Sooooooooo..." Hana dragged on with exaggeration

"What?" Sunhi answered and looked up from her food

"Those boys are so CUTE!" Hana squealed

"Which boys?" Sunhi questioned

"The six boys that walked into our home room class"Hana said

"Oh yeah, I guess" she said without any emotion and began to eat her food again

"Come on! That's it? You don't think any of them are cute? I think-" she was interrupted by a deep voice

"I'm the cutest" Kai said with a smirk on his face and sat down right next to Hana. Sunhi noticed that there were more than six boys with them now, there were eleven. The boys all piled onto the long rectangular table to eat there lunch. Sunhi looked down the table for Kyungsoo but didn't see him, so she continued eating her food. After a while Sunhi was annoyed by all the boys and decided she would go to her locker to get the rest of her books for the day.

"I'm going first" Sunhi said to Hana and threw her backpack over her shoulder 
 
"Ok I will meet you at our next class" Hana smiled and went back to talking with the boys

Sunhi walked out of the loud lunch room and began the walk to her locker. As she was walking Sunhi had tripped on something and fell to the floor, with her stuff scattering everywhere.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry, are you ok?" Sunhi heard a frantic male voice say as she sat up. She began to pick up her stuff.

"I'm fine" Sunhi said. The boy began helping her pick up her stuff.

When all of her stuff was picked up she look at the boy and noticed it was Kyungsoo. Their eyes locked once again as he reached his hand out to her. She looked at his hand and then back at him. She put her hand in his and immediately felt electricity. Kyungsoo helped Sunhi off the floor and handed her, her bag.

"I-I'm sorry... Again..." Kyungsoo said awkwardly, still staring at Sunhi

"Don't worry about it" she said looking up at him.

Kyungsoo realized he still had her hand in his and let it go, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. Sunhi and Kyungsoo continued their beam on each other until they heard people exiting the lunch room with laughter.

"Kyungsoo! Why didn't you eat lunch with us?" Chanyeol said wrapping his arm around him and pulling him away. Sunhi watched as he was dragged down the hallway with his friends. Sunhi then walked to her locker and grabbed the rest of her stuff for her last classes.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Authors note:

So that's it for my first chapter! I hope you liked it! Any advice? I will try to update soon!!:) bye!

 

-Megh101