Chapter III : FINAL

Oddly Attracted to You

A week had passed after B-Joo and Minkyung's performance. Both got their job back, thanks to their choreographer, Kim Heesul. Heesul said that she'll fix the war between the two by her choreography, but did it really fix anything?

 

Minkyung began avoiding B-Joo after that incident. She was embarrassed of herself, easily falling for B-Joo's trap. She doesn't even know B-Joo that much and she kissed him. Also, she starts to feel awkward when his around, especially when he gives those meaningful stares at her.

 

B-Joo left Minkyung alone for a while. He decided to give her space and time. She is mad at him, he thinks. He has to wait again for her anger to cool down.

 

*~*~*~*

 

"Minkyung-ah, I've been noticing, you're acting weird." Heerin spoke and glanced at Minkyung, who was watching TV with her in their living room.

"What are you saying unnie?" The younger one asked, looking at her unnie with a confused look.

"You're avoiding B-Joo, aren't you?" Heerin asked, straight to the point. Minkyung gulped and looked away.

"W-why would I do that?"

"Beats me, that's why I'm asking you."

"I-I'm not..." Heerin heaved a frustrated sigh.

"Goodness Lee Minkyung, you know that you're bad at lying so tell me already." Minkyung squirmed on her seat, comtemplating on whether she should tell her unnie or not. "What? Are you gonna tell me? Do you know that it's weird seeing you like this? It's creepy."

"Okay okay, I'll tell you..." Minkyung said then took a deep breath. Heartbeats fast, breath shaking, she spoke, "I-I.....I kissed him...."

 

Just in time, Heerin was drinking a glass of water. She choked on her drink and coughed a lot before looking at her dongsaeng whose face is already red. Heerin stared at her, checking if she was joking. Knowing Minkyung, she has never had an experience when it comes to those kind of stuff. "You what?" Heerin asked once more.

"Unnie, don't make me repeat." Replied the younger one.

 

Heerin would want to laugh at Minkyung right now. She looks like an innocent sixteen year-old that falls in love for the first time. Heerin smiled at the sight of her dongsaeng blushing madly. "Okay, explain Minkyung."

 

So Minkyung did explain how everything began. From their fight, to this two-week choreo assignment, then to how B-Joo suddenly pinned her on the wall and kissed her. "He did that?!" Heerin bursted, standing up.

"Yes, I don't know why he did that unnie." Minkyung answered, pulling her unnie back to the sofa. "And I don't know what came to me that I kissed him back..." Silence followed. Heerin observed her friend for a while Minkyung tried to stay away from Heerin's stare. "Minkyung-ah" called Heerin.

"Ne?"

"Do you like B-Joo?"

"What?! N-no! W-why would I-I?!" Minkyung chuckled nervously. "H-he's the r-reason why I-I'm-"

"Cut the crap Minkyung, we both know that it's not the truth." Minkyung fell silent again. She sighed.

"To be honest unnie, I don't know this feelings I have for him. Am I in love unnie?" Minkyung asked, her heart beating fast again.

"I think you are. Look at you, blushing and all. Plus, if you really don't like him, you won't feel awkward around him, you should be angry, in fact. The Minkyung I know would probably be mad when a boy touches her. I believe you could have slapped him on the face then cursed him repeatedly." Heerin chuckled.

"So I like him?"

"Yes, you do."

"Then what do you suggest I do?"

"Think about it okay? Think about how you really feel. If you're sure with your feelings, go and tell him."

 

*~*~*~*

 

[Heerin's POV]

 

"Heerin-ah," a squeaky voice spoke on the other side of the line, making me smile just by hearing it. "I want to tell you something."

"Me too, I was about to call you." I replied.

"Well, what are you gonna say?"

"Umm, you go first?" I offered. "It seems like something important."

"Oh, okay." He took a deep breath before continuing. "It's about Byungjoo...."

"Wait, don't tell me. This is also about Minkyung right?"

"Well, yes. How did you know?"

"Minkyung told me everything, and so did your B-Joo?"

"Yes, that's why I called. I think he likes Minkyung. Not just like, I think he's in love."

"Our Kyungie is the same here."

"So, what's the plan?"

"I suggest you talk to Minkyung while I talk to B-Joo tomorrow, deal?"

"Okay, deal." Then silence came after.

"Umm, anything else you want to say?"

"Yes, I love you Rinnie-ah." He said, making me smile wider.

"Oh, I love you too Sollie, bye"

 

*~*~*~*

 

"So, where are we going?" Minkyung asked Hansol, annoyed by the fact that she got up early because he said that he would take Minkyung for a walk.

"I dunno, I just want to take my little brother for a walk." He replied casually.

"Little brother?" She scoffed. "If you just woke me up so you can ruin my day then I'm going back to my apartment and sleep." She turned around and walked back but Hansol grabbed her arm and laughed.

"Hey, hey, I was just joking, okay?" He chuckled.

"You gay, I can't believe I'm friends with you." She qrumpily said before walking back to where she and Hansol was really going.

 

"Eo, B-Joo-ah!" Heerin bursted once she saw B-Joo on her doorstep.

"Annyeong Heerin-ah," B-Joo smiled.

"Come in, come in." She said, motioning the boy to come inside and he followed. "Sit there, I'll go and get something to drink." she said pointing at the sofa of their living room. B-Joo nodded and headed to the sofa.

While waiting, he decided to look around so he won't feel bored. He took in his surroundings carefully, lavender-colored walls, beautiful portraits hanging on the wall, small bookshelves in the corner, a big flat television in the center and a display of figurines and picture frames beside the tv. He approached the picture frames and examined them. It was mostly pictures of Heerin and Minkyung. Smiling happily for the camera, derping around. He chuckled in amusement. So she smiles too? He thought. I wonder how that smile looks like in person. "Yes, she smiles." Heerin said, as if reading his mind once she reached the living room. B-Joo glanced at her then back at the picture. "Yah, sit here." she commanded and B-Joo followed. "Do you know why I called you here? Byungjoo?" she asked. 

 

B-Joo actually don't know why Heerin called him last night, telling him to go to her's ang Minkyung's apartment. Heerin's face was serious and a little....scary.  Since he was scared, he decided to think of possible reasons for her to invite him.

 

"B-Joo? Why? What's with him?" asked Minkyung, who has obviously stiffened a little.

"I know what happened Minkyung." Hansol said with a serious tone.

"How?" Minkyung asked, a little surprised that Hansol already knew.

"He told me everything that happened ever since day one."

 

"She did?" B-Joo asked, lowering his head a little in embarassment.

"Yes, and you know, that's the first time my best friend ever blushed in front of me. First time!" Heerin exclaimed, making B-Joo jump a little.

"First time?" he asked in a little confusion. Heerin nodded.

"She never experienced love yet."

 

"Really?! Never?!" Minkyung bursted.

"That's what he said." Hansol replied. "He even said that he is your first kiss." Minkyung looked down so she can hide her blushing face. Her heartbeat went fast again. "Are you blushing?!" Hansol asked in surprise, seeing his best friend blush. Minkyung burried her face in her hands. "Yah! Let me see!" Hansol cried.

 

"You're blushing bro." Heerin commented as she noticed those pair of round crimson pink shade appearing on B-Joo's cheeks.

"Oh, sorry." he replied, covering his face. Heerin chuckled. "Why are you apologizing?!" she asked. No answer came so she decided to continue her interview.

"So Byungjoo, why did you kiss my best friend?"

 

"I...I don't know oppa." Minkyung replied. "He just pinned me there then kissed me right on the lips and I kissed back! I have no idea why I did that kind of thing! I have never experienced kissing yet! I don't know what to feel at that time. I don't know if it was romantic or just needy."

"So do you like him?"

 

"I think so." B-Joo answered shortly. "My anger for her faded when I saw her cry after we left CEO-nim's office and that's when my heart starts to soften for her, especially during practice. She's so awkward when we're dancing because the choreo was touchy. She was always blushing. I found her cute all the time. Then our faces we're always close with each other. We had lots of skinship because of the choreo. That's when my heart started beating irregularly."

"Ohh, then you do have feelings for her." Heerin commented. The white-haired boy nodded.

"Then do you plan of talking to her?"

 

"I think I will?" Minkyung said. "It's been an awfully painful week. I would really want to talk to him but I feel so awkward. I mean, we are enemies then suddenly he kissed me."

"Well, are you ready to talk to him?" Hansol asked.

"Yes, I'm just waiting for the right time."

 

"And when is that right time Byungjoo?" Heerin asked while staring at the boy, watching his facial expressions.

"I don't know Heerin-ah, I don't know." he replied, the tone of his voice hinting a little loss of hope. "I think she's mad at me."

"Mad at you?"

 

"No, I'm not!" Minkyung defended. Realizing her outburst, she blushed once more. "I was just awkward that's all." Hansol chuckled at his bestfriend. She's really in love, he thought.

"Alright then, goodluck with your lovelife, I guess?" Minkyung laughed and nodded. "But hey, B-Joo is really a nice guy, if only you didn't begin with that sarcasm of yours."

 

"Well, thanks for your honesty Byungjoo." Heerin stood up and so did B-Joo. "I hope you two can talk soon."

"Well, thanks for talking to me too Heerin. I understand her completely now." B-Joo smiled at Heerin and made his way to the door with Heerin following behind.

 

Just right in time when B-Joo opened the door, Hansol and Minkyung were already by the doorstep. Minkyung froze, and so did B-Joo. The two stared at each other. "Oh! Just right in time! Hi Rinnie!" Hansol said, entering to give Heerin a hug while Minkyung and B-Joo stood frozen. "Sollie-ah! Perfect timing!" Heerin clapped her hands in satisfaction and gave her boyfriend a hug. "Well, we will leave you two for a while, you need to talk." Hansol said, pushing B-Joo out and closed the door after.

 

Silence, an awkward one. No one dared to talk. They have been standing there for minutes and still, no one bothered talking.

Couldn't take the suffocating awkward atmosphere, B-Joo decided to break the ice. "U-uhm, Minkyung?" he called, making her look at him shyly. "Can we talk?" he asked, gazing at her. Minkyung nodded weekly.

 

 

*~*~*~*

 

"I-uh I don't actually know where to begin." B-Joo confessed. They decided to walk to the nearby playground to talk about their misunderstandings. B-Joo stood by the slide which was beside by the swings, where Minkyung was seated.

"Me too, I don't know where to begin." Minkyung agreed and looked at B-Joo, waiting for him to say something. He sighed when he finally thought of what to say.

"Look, Minkyung," he began. "I'm sorry for suddenly kissing you, making you confused with your feelings. I heard from Heerin, all of these things are new to you. I'm really sorry. I don't know what has got to me, suddenly doing that."

"Me too, sorry for suddenly avoiding you, not giving you a chance to explain yourself. I'm not mad, okay? I just suddenly felt awkward. But these kind of things are new to you too right? We're in the same pace." Minkyung said and smiled at B-Joo. B-Joo can't help but smile back. That's the first smile he got from Minkyung. "That smile..."

"Why?"

"This is actually the first time.you smiled at me." he chuckled.

"Oh" she chuckled along.

 

Silence came, but it wasn't awkward anymore. Both of them were just smiling at each other, enjoying the quietness of the park. "So Minkyung, can we start over again?" B-Joo asked, walking towards Minkyung and squating in front of her. "You know? Let's get to know each other more. Let me prove to you that I'm not as bad as you thought I am. In short, go out with me." Minkyung's smile widened as she looked down at B-Joo who was staring at her with hopes in his eyes.

"Yeah sure, I'll go out with you." she answered. B-Joo stood up a little and hugged Minkyung, making her taken aback by this.

"Thank you Minkyung." he whispered. "I'll try to bear with your sarcasm, I promise." Minkyung scoffed and stood up so it won't be hard to B-Joo to hug her. She then hugged back shyly.

"You better be." she threatened playfully.

 

After their talk, they decided to go back to the apartment. "I think we should better get going." Minkyung said, already walking away but B-Joo grabbed at her by the arm gently. "Wait, Minkyung." he called. She turned around to look at B-Joo. He took a step towards her, enough for them to feel each others breath. B-Joo stared Minkyung directly ay the eye. Minkyung stared back, her heart beat back to irregular.

 

B-Joo hesitantly raised his hands towards Minkyung's cheek, scared that Minkyung might be mad again. Minkyung smiled at him reassuring, a go signal for him that it's okay. He slowly traced his finger on the side of her face before cupping her cheeks. I fell for this rude, sarcastic, y, beautiful person, B-Joo thought to himself and smiled. 

 

Minkyung reached for his hand on her cheek. "You're hand, it's warm." she breathed. B-Joo took in all her features before bringing his other hand to her waist and leaning in. Minkyung closed her eyes and soon, she felt his warm and soft lips gently pressing against her pink ones. She removed her hand from B-Joo's hand and placed it on his chest while the other was placed on his bicep. He gripped onto her waist tighter as he pressed his lips harder on hers. She linked her arms around his neck, pulling him closer as the kiss gets aggressive.

 

After the heated scene, they both released for air. B-Joo held both of Minkyung's face as he placed his forehead on hers. Minkyung chuckled. "I never knew everything would be like this. It's kinda funny."

"If I only did not kiss you in that practice room, then all of this won't happen."

 


 

FINALLY! EM DONE! YOHOHOOOT~ Okay so it ends here friends! Thanks for reading and subscribing my story! It means a lot to me friends! It really does! :D