Do I love you?

Master's angel

Xiumin had been wearing a smile on his face the entire morning, probably looking like a lunatic but he couldn't care less. All because of his adorable kitty which was in an extremely happy mood ever since he woke up. 

 

 

 

Upon waking up, Luhan had immediately located Xiumin in the kitchen, where he was busy making breakfast, and begun to excitedly tell him about how much fun he had had with Chen the previous day. The whole situation had brought a smile to Xiumin's face, seeing how Luhan was so happy about his new friend, and he hadn't been able to stop smiling even after breakfast was over and Luhan had left him in order to try out more of the toys he had found in the boxes. 

 

 

 

Once Xiumin was done doing the dishes and tidying up after breakfast, he went over to Luhan and bent down to pet his soft hair. A soft purring sound was immediately heard from Luhan, who turned around to look up at his beloved master with big eyes. 

 

 

 

"Is Lulu having fun?" He sat down in front of Luhan on the floor, glancing over at the different kind of things Luhan had spread out on the floor. He didn't mind the mess though, because he knew that Luhan would help him tidy it up when the day came to an end. 

 

 

 

"Aha. Those nice guys brought me so many nice things to play with. I haven't even been able to try them all out yet..." 

 

 

 

"I'm sure they'll be really happy to know you're having fun with the things they gave you. I'll make sure to tell D.O once I talk to him". 

 

 

 

"Please do". 

 

 

 

 

*ding dong* 

 

 

 

 

They both quickly turned their heads towards the direction of the sound, and Xiumin quickly got off the floor to open the door. 

 

 

 

 

"Just wait a minute Luhan. I'll go check that". Getting a obedient nod from Luhanhe raced off towards the door. 

 

 

 

Opening the door, he was met by cardboard and a grunt of discomfort. 

 

 

 

"Ummm... What is this all about?" 

 

 

 

"Hello Xiumin-hyung! It's Chanyeol back here behind the box. Could you like, please move? My arms are starting to hurt". 

 

 

Quickly moving aside to let his friend into the apartment, he chuckled as Chanyeol all but ran inside and dropped the box he had been carrying with a grunt and a loud thud to the floor. 

 

 

"Sorry for coming without telling you, but I really wanted to give this to you and Luhan as soon as it arrived". 

 

 

Upon hearing his name being said, Luhan shyly entered the scene, holding tightly onto his tail. 

 

 

"Oh there you are Luhan. Wow, Baekhyun wasn't kidding, you really do look a lot better now". 

 

 

"That's all thanks to Xiumin..." 

 

 

"Of course, of course. But you were really cute to begin with. Now, Luhan. Do you want to open this box? It's a present for you". 

 

 

"A-another present? But Baekhyun and D.O gave me so much already..." 

 

 

"That's true, but I wanted to give you something as well. Now, go ahead and open it". 

 

 

Xiumin and Chanyeol helped Luhan with carrying the big box to the living room, and Xiumin cut open the tape which was sealing the box shut. Once that was done, Luhan slowly began to open the box and when he was done he looked... confused. 

 

 

"Ummm... I'm really sorry but what is this? A building-set?" 

 

 

"Haha you're almost right Luhan. It's actually a napping-spot for hybrids. Sort of like the pillows or small baskets you give cats and dogs to sleep in just... bigger. Actually, after I ordered this, I found out from Xiumin that you only nap on the cough if he is there with you. Otherwise you usually nap on the floor. But now you'll have this instead. Looks much more comfortable right?" 

 

Offering a picture of the finished product, Luhan's eyes began to shine with excitement and Xiumin smiled, satisfied. It did look nice and comfortable. 

 

 

"Everything except for the covering fabric is included, so we'll have to go to the mall and buy it. I went there to buy one before I got here but there were so many to choose from, so I thought that Luhan might want to pick out the one he wants". 

 

 

"How about that Luhan? Do you want to come to the mall with me and Chanyeol? You've never been to one of the malls here, have you?" 

 

 

"No I haven't. I want to come with you. I've seen the mall from the outside, and it looked like a fun place". 

 

 

"Alright then. Chanyeol, take some coffee from the kitchen okay? Luhan and I are going to get dressed". 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Leaving Chanyeol to serve himself, Xiumin chuckled as Luhan grabbed his wrist with his tail and steered them towards the bedroom. Inside, Xiumin located the clothes he had already picked out to wear that day, and put them on, checking himself in the mirror and gave his own reflection a satisfied smile. 

 

 

Luhan on the other hand had difficulties to choose his outfit once again. He had been given so many nice clothes to wear that he just wanted to wear them all at once. If he only could... 

 

 

"Having trouble choosing Lulu?" Xiumin went up beside Luhan and scratched him behind his right ear where he knew Luhan liked it the most.  

 

 

"Yes... There is so many nice things to choose. Help me please?" 

 

 

"Seems like I've become your personal stylist huh? Why don't you go fetch the hairbrush while I pick out your clothes? We need to brush your hair and tail anyway". 

 

 

As Luhan set off on his mission to find the brush in the bathroom, Xiumin scanned the clothes he had moved into his own wardrobe. Quickly putting together an outfit in his head, he brought out the pieces he needed to complete it. As he was done, Luhan emerged from the bathroom, brush in hand. 

 

 

"There you are, perfect timing. Here, what do you think about this?" Holding up a light blue sweater with the words 'cotton candy' on it, a pair of pink skinny jeans and a pair of white shoes to match.  (Luhan's sweater here. Picture not mine). 

 

 

"I like it! Let me go change so we can go". 

 

 

"Can you manage to put on the jeans yourself this time?" Xiumin chuckled as Luhan pouted at his teasing, sticking out his tongue in a childish manner before entering the bathroom. A couple of minutes later he exited and then grabbed the hairbrush to brush his hair. Once satisfied, he lent the brush to Xiumin, who began to carefully brush his tail. 

 

 

"Your tail is so nice and soft Luhan. I almost wish I had one too". 

 

 

"You can't. Because if you had one, you wouldn't be Xiumin anymore and I like Xiumin just as he is!". 

 

 

"Thank you Luhan, you're so sweet. I like Luhannie just as he is too". 

 

 

"Y-you do?" Luhan was blushing madly right now, but Xiumin only played it off as Luhan being his usual shy self. 

 

 

"Of course. I love my Luhannie just like this, so don't ever let others tell you otherwise okay?" Luhan nodded slowly, and hid a small smile behind his hands. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The drive to the mall went by mostly in silence as Chanyeol was focused on driving and Xiumin was busy petting a napping Luhan as he slept, making Luhan purr in content. 

 

 

"He really likes to sleep a lot, doesn't he?" 

 

 

"He really does. I guess it's in his DNA. Cats like to sleep after all. Suho said that Chen sleeps quite a bit too, but not nearly as much as Luhan. Chen naps once or twice a day, but Luhan plays for a while and then he falls asleep. It's quite cute to watch actually". 

 

 

"Xiumin-hyung, do you mind if I ask you something personal?". 

 

 

"Of course not silly, we're friends after all". 

 

 

"I'm just wondering if you by any chance... Like Luhan? You know, like romantically?" 

 

 

The question got Xiumin stunned for a moment, as he looked down at the hybrid who was clinging to him as he slept. 

 

 

"I'm not going to say no because I'm not really sure... I mean, I've come to love Luhan during these last couple of days, but I'm not sure if I love him in a romantic way just yet. But no matter if I love him like that or not, it's safe to say that he has already brightened my life a lot". 

 

 

Seemingly satisfied with the answer he got, Chanyeol just hummed in reply and kept on focusing on the road ahead. 

 

 

"You do know right that we'd all support it if you two got together, right? I mean, it's not like having a relationship with a hybrid is something unusual or anything, but still. We're all here for you and Luhan no matter what okay? Everybody likes Luhan a lot already". 

 

 

"Thank you Chanyeol. It means a lot to me to hear that. I'm not sure about my own feelings yet, and I have no idea about Luhan's, but it's good to know that if this would turn out to be something more, you're all there behind us". 

 

 

"Of course we are. That's what friends are for". 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Arriving at the mall, Xiumin gently shook a still sleepy Luhan awake and unbuckled him from the car. 

 

 

"We're here Luhannie. Let's go have some fun okay? Once we're done shopping, I'll buy you some ice-cream. How does that sound?" 

 

 

Only getting a hum and a sleepy hug in reply, Xiumin chuckled as he turned to a grinning Chanyeol 

 

 

"Is he still that sleepy? What will we do?" Chanyeol grinned as he watched the kitty cling to Xiumin's neck, snuggling close into the warmth he found there. 

 

 

"I'm not sure. He was playing around a lot this morning, so he's pretty tired now, but I'm sure he'll wake up when we get inside". 

 

 

Taking Luhan by the hand instead, he led the sleepy kitty toward the entrance of the mall. As he had suspected, Luhan immediately woke up after hearing all the noise and his eyes widened as he saw all of the people who was flocking the mall. Xiumin could only smile at Chanyeol, who smiled back at him. 

 

 

 

"Hello and welcome! I see you have a hybrid with you, how cute he is! Please make sure to visit the hybrid section at the third floor, we've added a lot of new stores to please all of our lovely customers. Have a nice day!" 

 

 

Xiumin thanked her and dragged Luhan with him, who was looking slightly shocked after being talked to so randomly. 

 

 

"Should we go and find the cover for the napping-seat first? Or is there anything else you want to check out Chanyeol?" 

 

 

"Why don't you and Luhan go and check out the third floor while I look around here? Baekhyun wanted me to buy him some more eyeliner and I need to find some new jeans. I tore my favourite pair when I fell off my bike". 

 

 

"Alright, sounds like a plan. I'll call you when we're done so we can meet up for something to eat. I promised Luhan ice-cream". 

 

 

"I'll see you both later then. Have fun Luhan!" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After splitting up, Xiumin took Luhan to the third floor where they were met by a sea of hybrids of all kinds and their owners/lovers. Locating the store Chanyeol had been talking about, he and Luhan entered to find the perfect cover for Luhan's napping-spot. 

 

 

"Welcome! Do you need help finding something?" A friendly looking shop-assistant approached them, making Luhan hide behind Xiumin's back. "Aigoo, he's a shy one isn't he?" 

 

 

"He has quite a shy nature, yes. He's... had some bad experiences with people up until not so long ago you could say". 

 

 

"Oh I see. It's so sad how many of them have ended up so badly. Well, it's a good thing that he found you. Or maybe it was you who found him". 

 

 

"You could say that we found each other. Now, we're here to look for a cover for a sleeping-seat". 

 

 

"Right this way sir. We've just received an order with many new designs and patterns, so I'm sure you'll find something you're satisfied with. Here we go. Take your time and call if you need anything". 

 

 

As they were left alone, Luhan emerged from behind Xiumin's back and began to look at the different patterned fabrics displayed in front of him. 

 

 

"I think we should pick something made out of cotton. It's the easiest material to dress the seat in and it's easy to wash as well. Comfortable too. Does that sound okay to you? Or did you want something more silky?" 

 

 

"No cotton is fine. I don't like silky materials that much anyway. Oh Xiumin look at that one! The one with the deers on! Isn't it so cute?" 

 

 

Xiumin followed Luhan's gaze to the top shelf, and indeed, there was a cute blue fabric with cartoon deers and hamsters on it (Picture not mine)

 

 

"Do you like that one Luhan? You don't want to check the other ones?" Getting a shake of the head in reply, Xiumin checked the number on the sign under the fabric and then found the box with the matching number on the lower shelves. Paying for the fabric, he exited the store and headed for the ice-cream shop on the same floor. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"We should call Chanyeol and tell him to get up here. I'll buy him ice-cream as well to thank him for the gift he gave you. Is there anything else you want to check out before I call him Luhan?" Getting no reply from his kitty, Xiumin turned left and right, only to find that Luan wasn't by his side anymore. 

 

 

"Luhan?! LUHAN! Where are you Luhan?!" He began to pace around in panic, bumping into people as he desperately tried to find his Luhannie. Fear began to eat away at him as he began to fear the worst. What if somebody had taken Luhan? Anybody could have done it. 

 

 

Doing the only thing he could think about, he took out his phone and dialled a number with shaky fingers. 

 

 

"Hyung! Are you two done with your shopping already?". 

 

 

"I-I lost him Chanyeol". 

 

 

"What did you say hyung? I can't hear you". 

 

 

"I lost him Chanyeol! I lost Luhan and now I can't find him. We have to find him Chanyeol!" 

 

 

"Calm down hyung, okay? Take deep breathes and search for him calmly. Go back to where you last saw him and ask the staff if they saw him go somewhere else. I'll look down here, so call me if you find him. I'll report to you if I see him as well". 

 

 

Xiumin didn't even get the time to reply as Chanyeol hung up on him, and it didn't matter. He had to find Luhan, and quick. 

 

 

Going back to the store they had just been to, he asked the staff if they had seen Luhan after they had left, but sadly, they hadn't. Feeling slightly panicked once again, he left the store to look at the area around it, hoping that Luhan had been smart enough to not wander around on his own.  

 

 

When he couldn't find him there, he began to search the entire floor, asking every staff-member he bumped into if they had seen the hybrid, but in avail.  

 

 

He was beginning to lose hope, and his legs felt like jelly. Standing still and looking around himself, he felt the lump in his troat grow bigger by the second and tears welled up in his eyes, but he wouldn't let them fall. 

 

 

"Where are you Luhan?" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Oh my. Is everything alright? Is he yours?" 

 

 

"No miss, he isn't. He's been sitting here alone for quite a while now. I don't know if he's lost or if something else is wrong with him". 

 

 

"Should I find a staff member to help him?" 

 

 

"What's going on over here?" 

 

 

 

 

Xiumin turned his head as he watched a small group of people begin to gather at one spot in the middle of the floor quite far away from him. Wondering to himself what was going on, he began to make his way over towards the spot. Once there, he tried to get a look at what these people where looking at, when a wail was heard from the middle of the crowd. And he recognize it well. 

 

 

Shoving people out of the way, it didn't take long before he reached the centre. There sat Luhan, knees pulled to his chest and heart-breaking wails leaving his shaking form. 

 

 

"Luhan!" The hybrid snapped his gaze toward the call of his name, and it only took a second for him to recognize Xiumin. 

 

 

"XIUMIN!" 

 

 

Luhan tried to stand up from the floor, but his legs failed him. Xiumin was immediately by his side, holding him so tightly to his own chest that he thought Luhan might break. 

 

 

"XiuminXiumin! I was so scared. So, so scared. I-I couldn't find you". Luhan was crying and wailing uncontrollably, both from fright and relief. 

 

 

"Shhh Luhannie. I'm here now. I'm so sorry that I lost you, I should've paid more attention. I'm so sorry Luhan". Xiumin felt his own tears press behind his eyes, relief washing over him like a big wave.  

 

 

He had never imagined that he could be this scared in his entire life. Never had he felt like this before. Not even that one time when he was the one who had been lost at the night-market, screaming for his mother to find him. This was a completely different feeling. 

 

 

The crowd began to leave as they saw that the lost hybrid had been found by his owner, leaving the two alone on their spot on the floor. 

 

 

"I-I'm sorry too Xiumin, I should have followed you straight away. Please don't leave me again, please don't". The sentence came out as a mumble, as Luhan had a hard time speaking through his sobs. 

 

 

"I won't Luhannie, I won't. I promise to do better, to look after you better like I promised. I couldn't stand to see you get hurt. When I couldn't find you I was so scared Luhan. So horribly scared that you have no idea". 

 

 

"I love you Xiumin. Please don't leave me again". Luhan hugged Xiumin tighter, pressing himself as close as he could. Nuzzling his head into Xiumin's neck, he cried for all he was worth, letting the fright and shock leave his body with every sob. 

 

 

 

"I love you too Luhannie. I'll never let you go". 

 

 

 

Picking up Luhan from the floor and letting him cling to him with his legs around his waist and his arms around his neck, he fished out his phone from his pocket to call ChanyeolLuhan was still sniffling and crying, but was beginning to calm down after being in Xiumin's arms for a while. 

 

 

"Chanyeol-ah, I found him. I finally found him". 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The drive home was silent as well. Chanyeol drove the car and sometimes glanced back at the two in the backseat, where Luhan was once again clinging to Xiumin in his sleep and Xiumin was hugging him back, his stare never leaving the kitten in his arms. 

 

 

"He really wore himself out there, didn't he". 

 

 

"You have no idea Chanyeol. He was screaming so much back there. He must've been crying for so long, screaming for me to find him. Chanyeol I was so scared. I was so scared that I had lost him". 

 

 

"I know. I've never heard your voice like that in my entire life. You really had me scared as well. And then you cried when you called me after you had found him. It only shows hom much he really means to you". 

 

 

"You were right Chanyeol. I think I really am falling for Luhan. When he told me that he loved me when I found him, I felt like I really did love him when I told him 'I love you' back. Not just like my pet but as-" 

 

 

"-something more. I understand. You already knew that he meant a lot to you,  but you only realized how much when he wasn't by your side anymore. When you lose someone like that, you don't get scared for nothing. It's the fear of never being able to see them again. That's why parents cry when they lose their children, or why friends and lovers get scared when they can't find each other. It's the fear of never being able to find them again". 

 

 

"I did wrong Chanyeol. I promised Luhan I'd take good care of him and look how quickly I messed up". 

 

 

"Hyung, don't blame yourself too much. Yes, you could've paid more attention, but so could Luhan. And these kind of things happen to everyone at some point. The important thing is that you found him, and that he's alright, don't you think?". 

 

 

"Thank you for being there Chanyeol. Thank you". 

 

 

"You're welcome hyung". 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Well this turned out to become longer than I had expected, but I'm quite sure that you guys don't mind too much haha ^^ 

 

For those of you who might be wondering if Luhan can really be 22 in this story just like Xiumin, let me just explain it really quickly. Basically, hybrids are a bit like pets. You know how cats and dogs for example play and act cute for as long as they live? Just think about Luhan like that and add a little extra innocence to it. So Luhan can be mature and take care of himself if needed, he has the capacity of a human after all, but as a pet, he needs an owner to depend on, in this case Xiumin. 

 

Please comment, subscribe and upvote! It makes me really happy and motivates me a lot ^^ 

 

 

ByeBye!