Anger

Just Best Friends?

 

“Henry!” I was surprised when Amber hugged me when I let her enter my apartment. “What’s wrong?” I asked and pulled to see her face. She was crying. “Amber, please, tell me. I’m your best friend, right?” I asked her, trying to be strong. Amber was usually the strong one, and she rarely cries. Seeing her like this breaks my heart. I hugged her tightly, not wanting to let go.

 

“Amber…” I her hair. “K-key…” she managed to say despite her tears. “Why? D-did you do it already?” I was hoping she’d say no. Please say no. “W-we didn’t… I… I saw him…” She said, shaking her head and tightly gripping on my shirt. “I-I saw him with Nicole… T-they… They were making out…” She said and cried more unto my shirt. I balled my fists in anger. Key, I thought you’d take care of Amber. Why did you betray her? “I’m so useless! He said I couldn’t give what he wanted, so he went to someone else. I couldn’t be good enough for him. I’m not that beautiful. I’m not that talented. I’m just a rapper who looks like a boy!” She yelled.

 

My heart broke into a million pieces. Because of Key, she had looked lowly of herself. Why are you doing this to yourself? I don’t think you like that. I think you’re the most beautiful, nicest and most talented girl for me. Why do you have to fall for Key?

 

I’m so pathetic. Amber was crying, and I couldn’t do anything but to hug her back. We sat down while she still continues to cry her heart out. As her best friend, I just hugged her. She just stayed in my arms, crying until she fell asleep. I her hair away from her face. Her eyes were swollen and puffy from all the crying. I wiped my own tears away.

 

I gently lay her down on the couch and took my jacket. I went to the person who caused Amber all this pain.

 

“Key! Key! Open the door! Come out, Kim Kibum!” I yelled, banging their door. He opened the door and I punched his face. “The hell! Why did you punch my beautiful face, Henry?!” He yelled at me. “Why?! You know why! Why did you make out with Nicole and didn’t care about Amber!? How could you say that to her?!” I yelled. I never yell or get mad easily, but today, I couldn’t hold back the pain and anger my heart has been feeling.

 

“Amber was fun to be with, but I have needs she couldn’t fulfill. I think you know those needs I am talking about,” he smirked. “So just because Amber wasn’t ready, you went with someone else?!” I asked. “Precisely. Amber was good at the start of the relationship. I was his first boyfriend anyway. At first, I could forgive her for being so conservative, but after being together for a year, I wanted to begin to have her. I became more intimate, but she just continued to push me away. I got sick of her, that’s why—“ “That’s why you threw her away like a puppy and got yourself some girl to up with?!” I yelled. He just smirked when I finished his sentence.

 

“Bastard,” I said and gave him a powerful punch. I don’t just hurt anyone, but he broke Amber’s heart. He deserves more than just two punches.

 

_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 

“Amber, I’m back!” I said and removed my shoes. I looked and saw her watching the television, clutching unto the pillow and wrapped in a blanket. She saw me and she stood up to see what I brought her. “Chocolate and ice cream,” I held the plastic and she her eyes sparkled at those food.

 

We sat down at my couch again she took my hand, but I winced in pain. “Henry, what’s wrong?” she asked me. “Nothing,” I lied. It hurt from earlier, when I gave Key a punch. Amber just shrugged it off, and began eating the chocolate.

 

I kept glancing from the television to her. I wanted to tell her about earlier, but I was afraid. Will she hate me or will she be okay with it? There’s only one way to find out.

 

“Amber,” I called out. “Hm?” She said with her eyes still on the television and munching her food. “I went to Key’s earlier.” I said and she stopped eating. “I confronted him and I punched him.” Amber looked at me with eyes that were meant to say, ‘Are you kidding me?’ “I didn’t mean to, but we had a fight and—“ “Why did you go?” She suddenly asked me. “Because I wanted to know his explanation.” I answered her. “Henry, you don’t have to interfere with my love life. You shouldn’t have gone to Key’s place. You shouldn’t have punched him!” She yelled at me. “I wanted to know why he left you! I’m your best friend, of course I’ll care!” I yelled back. “I know you’re my best friend, but I never asked you to do it! I can handle it on my own! Don’t think I always depend on you, Henry, because I don’t!” She yelled and left my place.

 

 

Anger. That was our first fight, and it has to be about her boyfriend. I was angry at Key for treating Amber like that. She was angry at me because I confronted Key. Moreover, I was angry at myself for letting these things happen. I don’t want to lose Amber. She’s my best friend, but the more she’s farther away from me, the more I felt lonely, the more I realize I can’t live without her.