Denial

Just Best Friends?

 

I waited for her for our usual lunch together. It’s been a promise for the two of us to eat together when we’re both available. If we don’t, we’ll make it to the point to talk with each other. We’re practically best friends, or at the eyes of our friends. Some times there are instances when we aren’t even aware of how we really feel.

 

“Henry!” I turned and saw her. The girl who was has the shortest hair among the idols, the girl who also had a hard time switching from English to Korean, the girl who was always mistaken as a guy, “Hey Amber!” I yelled and waved my hand to her.

 

Amber Liu. There were many words to describe this girl. We are really close since we’re both foreigners who are more fluent in English, and we talk with each other with that language. There was more to her than just those boyish looks and charms. She’s one of the best and most wonderful people I’ve met. She’s girlier than you think, and friendlier than what others perceive her to be. She was always misunderstood, and I try my best to protect her.

 

I look at her who was just wearing a big smile. She immediately took the seat in front of me and held my hands. Her soft hands and my somewhat sweaty hands intertwined. I was afraid she’d notice it, but she didn’t. “How are you?” She asked me. “Good. How are you?” I asked her. “Well, I and Key are having a good time,” she blushed. Oh right, I forgot, she’s with Key. That guy is lucky to have Amber. I hope he takes care of her. I don’t want to see her sad.

 

“Anyway, can you help me with something?” She asked. As her best friend, I agreed. She fidgeted with her fingers and bit her lips, looking cutely innocent. “We’ve been together for a while now, and I think I’m ready.” She faced me. “Ready for what?” I asked. “To give myself to him,” she said. For some reason, my heart fell. I tried to compose myself as we continue our conversation. “What do you need my help for anyways?” I asked her. “I need helping on ways to seduce a guy.” She bit her lips. My eyes were about to fall from my eyes at her statement. Amber Liu, seducing a guy. Can you even imagine that?!

 

“Amber, don’t you think you’re rushing?” I asked worriedly of her. “I think not. We’ve been together for more than a year now, and I think it’s just the right time.” She smiled at me. How can she smile at a thing like this when I oppose to her decision?! I don’t know what to answer her so I just excused myself.

 

It was unlikely of me to walk out on Amber. I had never done this. This was the first. There was something inside of me that was in pain, so I had to go. I couldn’t bear the pain. There was so much I could not explain when I heard her plan. I touched my heart and it beats so fast when I think about her.

 

“What’s with the sad face?” I looked up and saw Kyuhyun. “Hyung, Amber wants to give herself to Key,” I said with a blank face. “Mwo!?” He yelled and shook me. “I don’t know why, but I seem to dislike it. I don’t want Amber with Key. I may sound selfish as a friend, but I really don’t like him as a person and for her!” I explained, shaking his shoulders. He held my arms and stopped me. “You listen to my words,” Kyuhyun began. “You like Amber,” he said and stunned me. “Me, like my best friend?!” I laughed kinda hysterically, but Kyuhyun maintained a straight face. “Oh hell no. I did not develop feelings over Amber,” I shook my head. “If you don’t like her, you must love her then. Henry, you’re jealous. You want the best for Amber, and you know that Key isn’t the best choice. You’re not protecting her as a friend. You’re protecting her as a lover.” Kyuhyun told me clearly while I just shake my head. “The more you deny, the more you’ll only get hurt.” He patted my back. “Well, I gotta go and meet Sooyoung, good luck with Amber.” He said and left me.

 

I sat down at the floor and sighed. Do I really like Amber? Was it even possible for me to like her? She is still a girl after all this time.

 

“Henry!” I shot my head up the moment I heard her voice. She ran to me with her bouncing one sided hair. “Y-yes?” I stuttered. I wanted to hit myself. I never stuttered to my best friend. “Why did you go?! I was calling for you. “Why? Did you miss me?” I smiled and puffed my cheeks. “Yeah, right. Give me a piggyback ride, Henry!” She pouted. My heart was beating so fast. I bent a little and she jumped at my back. She secured her arms on my neck as I hold her legs. “Prepare yourself, Josephine, as you have ridden Mr. Lau’s piggyback express!” I yelled. “You do not call me Josephine!” She yelled. I love to by calling her Josephine, something only I can do. She hits me and yells at me, but I cherish it. This was one of the things only we can do. She never asks Key for it, but she asks me for it.

 

Her arms on my neck, her legs on my waist, this was the closest thing we could do, besides sleeping beside each other during airplane rides.

 

Denial. I became suddenly unsure of my feelings for her. I know I’ve been feeling this for a while now, but I never thought it will be as serious as this. I thought that this was what best friends should feel, but I think not. Maybe I’ve fallen for her, but still, maybe not. Amber manages to calm me down when I’m angry. She makes me laugh so easily when others can’t. She makes my heart beat so fast I couldn’t even run as fast as it goes. She makes me feel so happy and unexplainable. I couldn’t imagine my life without you, Amber Liu.

 



 

 

First chapter is out! It's unedited, so forgive me for the wrong mistakes and grammar. :p Please do check my other stories too if you have time~! ^^