Final

Carnation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Something to play with your  mind...

 

I lied on my side and stared into his eyes. He stared right back a smile painted on his face. His eyes were a beautiful caramel brown, but there was something dark and scary hidden behind those soft eyes. I smiled back and put my hand on his face, his cheek as we continued to smile at each other. I loved him.

 

“You’re perfect.” He whispered.

 

I hid my face in the blanket biting my lip, this was perfect. I felt his arm move and felt a tug at the top of the blanket. He whipped the blanket away from my face.

 

“Don’t be shy.” He whispered staring hard into my eyes smirking.

 

I pulled my lips in and examined his face. His jaw line was so perfectly structured like someone sat down and molded his jaw for him. He had short brown hair that stayed in its place no matter what happened. His nose was small and perfect. It was as if he wasn’t human, how could one have such a face, that you had to search for flaws.

 

He moved closer to me and put his arm over my waist pulling me closer so we were on one pillow. He softly kissed my forehead and then pressed his forehead against mine.

 

Before I could stop myself it all came out like word vomit, “I love you.”

 

He leaned in kissing my lips softly and kept his lips there for a moment savoring the taste.

 

Everything was just right.

He was right where I wanted him.

No right where I needed him.

If he wasn’t here I’d go crazy.

 

I placed my fingers tracing his jaw it as I went back and forth. Slowly his skin tone started to fade. His eyes became a dark black and slowly I could see right through him. My eyes widened and my brow came together in the middle. I tried to grab for his arm but my hand went right through. I started to breathe heavily feeling my heart beat quicken.

 

“Where are you going?” I whimpered.

 

 

My eyes shot open, my breathing intense. “It was just a dream.” I whispered to myself rubbing my neck. “I didn’t lose him.” I said under my breath. I turned to face the other side of the bed to find it empty and untouched. He wasn’t there. He was never there, I soon came to realize. He was just a figment of my imagination. I lay there for a while staring at the untouched half of the bed, sighing.

 

I started to get up off my bed when I heard a faint sound come from downstairs. I walked out of the room dragging my feet too lazy to deal with anyone. As I descended down the stairs and got closer to the door, the knocking got louder.

 

“I’m coming, I’m coming.” I yelled.

 

I heard one last bell and then there was silence. I pressed my lips together blowing out the breath I was keeping in. I opened the door wide to see no one standing there. Whoever it was probably left since I didn’t come to the door. I started to close the door when something caught my eye. I walked out onto the front porch to find a bouquet of flowers. They were rather strange. I bent down so I could look at them closer. They were black carnations, tied together with a rubber band. Nothing more, nothing less. There was no note or a company name so I could contact asking who sent the flowers. Was I supposed to take this as a romantic gesture from a secret admirer or a threat? I mean flowers are so sweet but black flowers? Never heard of that before. The thought sent a chill down my spine.

 

I picked up the flowers and stood up shaking off any negative feelings forming in the pit of my stomach. I looked around the block in every direction possible looking for some kind of a sign of the person who could have left these here. But there was no one around. No one was on the street. It was completely abandoned of human presence. I looked left and right once more before deciding to go back into the house.

 

I looked at the flowers more closely. They were so pretty, layers and layers of petals all on top of one another. I pressed them to my nose, a beautiful smell escaped through the layers of protection. I closed my eyes savoring the smell. There was something familiar about the scent. Something I’d smelled before. I raced through my memory trying to think of what it was that smelt just like this flower, but nothing came to mind. I found a vase to put the flowers in and placed it on my dining table. They looked very strange in the middle of a bright kitchen but I really did like the flowers. I may sound crazy but I really did.

 

 

5 days later…

 

I was awoken once again by the same familiar sound that I was met by every morning. This time I wouldn’t let this person get away. I jumped off my bed running for the door.

I wanted to know who this mysterious person was leaving flowers for me every day.

No, I needed to know who was leaving this bouquet of flowers.

If I didn’t figure out I would go mental.

 

I flew open the door to be met by nothingness. I walked out onto the porch completely ignoring the flowers on the floor. There aroma stinging my nose. That stupid smell, always teasing me. I searched the block looking at every detail on the street not seeing any form of movement. It was as if I was living on a street of dead people.

 

“Is anyone out there?” I called out hoping this mysterious man would come out of the shadows.

 

I felt a pair of hands touch my waist sending chills up my spine making me straighten up arching my back. I felt a presence near my neck and I smelt the faint smell of the flowers. I turned around so I could see this person but was only met by the wind. I looked around to see if there was anyone standing around that could have just been here by me. I bent down grabbing the flowers and walked back into the house locking the door with all the locks that were on the door.

 

The same thing was happening for a couple of days now. It wasn’t funny if that’s what the guy was going for and it certainly was not romantic in anyway. But I still like the flowers. They were so mysterious. Even though I was scared, there was something about the flowers that made me curious. I wanted to know the unknown.

 

I placed the flowers in the vase, joining it with the other bouquets. The vase was now overflowing with the flowers and the scent now flowed through the whole house. Not missing a single corner. I felt my eyes get heavy and thought that a nap might be a good idea.  I dragged myself up the stairs and into my bedroom plopping myself onto the bed face first. I was putting too much pressure on myself about this whole flower thing. It probably wasn’t as serious as I was taking it.

 

I closed my eyes as I fell into a deep sleep.

 

 

There he was again, laying in my bed right next to me. His back was to me and his breathing was light and even. He was still sleeping. I pulled his shoulder back toward me so he would be forced to switch sides and face me. Weird sounds escaped his lips as he stretched and turned. His face was now in front of me. I ran my fingers through his soft brown hair and left my hand at the nape of his neck. His eyes slowly opened into slits and he looked right at me, a smile forming.

 

“Good morning sleepy head.” I said.

“Good morning.” I felt his hand on the small of my back and he pulled me even closer to him.

 

I moved even closer, putting my legs in-between his. I nuzzled my face into his neck and placed soft kisses, gently every spot I kissed. I heard a moan escape his lips and smiled to myself pleasingly. I inhaled his scent wanting to take everything in. My eyes shot open, that was where I had smelt the flowers. He smelled just like them. I moved away looking up at him. He was smiling at me and kissed my forehead.

 

“It was you? You were leaving the flowers?” I asked

 

He simply nodded his head. I let out a relieved breath and inhaled deeply.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter