Extra scene #1

Don't Make Me Fall

(Flashback)

The shrill sound of her scream pierced the calm night. She stared in horror as the blood began to flow out of the multiple stab wounds in the womans side. She had no time to react to the gruesome scene before her. The attacker charged at her once he was done with her mother. With a grunt of effort, she pushed him hard. The man fell back and knocked his head on the wall. Noticing that he was no longer moving, she quickly turned around.

"Mum!" she rushed to her mother's side, leaving the motionless body of the man slouched against the wall of the alley. "Mum... mum, stay with me," she said as she grasped her mothers hand which soaked by the rain with her own clammy palms. She brought the hand to her cheek and cried softly at how icy cold it felt.

Her mother's eyes fluttered open slightly and she could only smile sadly as she watched the tears trickle down her daughters face. She squeezed the girl's hand weakly. All of the sudden, the middle-aged woman's eyes widened as she looked at something behind her daughter. She gripped onto her arm in alarm.

"Look out!" She managed to scream despite the piercing pain that shot through her stomach. Angie turned around swiftly, but not fast enough. She felt a sharp pain at her right thigh and she immediately fell to the ground, yelping in pain. Her attacker lunged again, yelling like the mad man he was. But she was faster. 

She punched him square in the gut, and when he crouched down in pain, she sent a medium strike to the side of his neck, successfully hitting the pressure point she was aiming for. She was aware that that was quite a dangerous move, but she was desperate. The man groaned in pain as his knees fell to the ground and his eyes rolled into the back of his head. He crumpled to the ground, knocked out. She breathed out a sigh of relief as her mind began to get clouded, overlapped by a layer of fog. 

She shakes her head, wondering what was making her slowly lose her grip on her consciousness. And that's when she felt the warm sensation running down her thigh. The adrenaline of the fight had momentarily taken her mind off the burning sensation but now it all came rushing back to her in a tsunami wave of pain, dragging her into its currents and roughly throwing her back onto the shore, leaving her gasping for breath. She had been stabbed in the thigh. She prayed that the knife hadn't hit any major vessels but the amount of blood pouring out of the wound was worrying enough. 

She left the knife in, knowing that if she pulled it out, more blood would begin gushing out of the laceration. She shakily brought her cold hands to her leg and applied pressure around the affected area. She screamed in agony, the loud screech echoing along the walls of the ally and piercing through the silent streets. She dragged herself to her mother's side and lay down beside her, still clutching her thigh. 

"The ambulance will be here in a minute mum, just hold on a little longer," she pleaded. Her mother smiled sadly at her through her tear stained face. The sirens could be heard in the distance. What was taking them so long? She turned to face her mother whose face had gone all white, her lips the palest shade of white they have ever been. "Mummy, please, don't. Please," she kept pleading.

"I need to let go, dearie. My time has come. You know how I always tell you that death is predestined? I wouldn't die if it wasn't my time. But it is," she cups her daughter's cheek lovingly.

"I'm sorry, baby. I really am. But I can't do anything about this."

Angie's entire body shook as the tears spilled out of her sockets and soft sobs escaped her lips. She held her mother's hand as she relayed her final wishes to her. The young listened tentatively, even though her mother's instructions were making no sense to her. Even though there were a million questions she still wanted to ask. She listened, knowing that this was the last time. The last time she would ever hear that voice again. She listened.

"I love you," her mother said. She removed her hand from the daughter's wet face and stared up at the sky. Funny how such a beautiful night witnessed such a gruesome scene and such a sorrowful parting. A look of solemness took over her mother's face just as she released her final breath and the paramedics arrived. Angie scooted closer to her mother, still lying down in that fetal position as she held onto her wound tightly.

"I love you too, mummy. I love you too."

She let the loss of blood take her consciousness away, wishing that when she woke up, it wouldn't be on the bed in a hospital. That this would have all been a bad dream. But sadly, this world isn't a wish-granting factory.

Darkness. Black. Goodbye.


A/N: so now you guys know what happened to Angie's mum. Meanwhile, leave your thoughts in the comments and please vote if you think it's worth it! Anyway, as for the TFiOS quote, i'm not taking any credit for it ok haha no copyright issues ok.