Introduce Yourself

VIXX's Space Camp

After much needed rest, the boys in living quarter 12B were woken up by a loud horn. "YAH!"

"AISH SO LOUD"

"WHAT ON EARTH"

"SHUT IT OFF"

The boys finally realized what was happening and started to get out of bed slowly. 

Taekwoon slowly opened his eyes and found that the lights were all .. It was time to wake up. He checked his phone for the time.. "6:10am" he read in his head. Taekwoon decided not to complain and climbed down the small ladder to get dressed. 

"Get good sleep?" Taekwoon heard Hongbin ask behind him. Taekwoon only looked at him and nodded as he unfolded his clothes. 

After Hongbin shot Taekwoon a smile, he stood up and walked around the hall of bunks to look for Sanghyuk. "Sanghyuk!" he called for him, but was promptly tripped by someone's belongings in the walkway. "Oh ! I'm sorry dude" the owner of the bag said worriedly as he picked up his things. "It's fine.. But keep it out of this spot.. People are trying to walk here" Hongbin scolded the stranger.. "I'm sorry. Sorry" the boy continued to bow.. Hongbin looked down at his bunk to read his name.. "You're Kim Wonshik?" Hongbin asked. Wonshik only nodded. 

"Watch where you place your stuff, Wonshik" Hongbin said one last time and walked away. Wonshik sighed and walked back to his bunk.. "That's enough excitement for one morning" he thought and got dressed. 

"Hyung! Help me with my pants. The zipper is stuck" Sanghyuk called out when he spotted Hongbin coming his way. Hongbin smiled and walked over to his little friend to help him with his zipper. 

"GUESS WHO!" someone yelled in Hongbin's ear, making him jump. Hongbin turned around to Jaehwan.

"You annoying-" he said and raised his hand, ready to slap him.. "Are you sleeping on the top bunk?" he asked

"Yupp. Me and Sanghyuk are roommates" Jaehwan smiled and put his shoes on.. "Well, we're all in the same room.. So I'd like to think we're all roommates" Hongbin said coldly as he fixed Sanghyuk's zipper. "You're just jealous because I get to bunk with Sanghyuk and you don't!" Jaehwan stuck his tongue at Hongbin and ran away before he could get caught.

Just then..

"Breakfast will be served in twenty minutes" a voice on the big speaker announced.. "We better hurry.... Get your shoes on.." Hongbin said to Sanghyuk, who only obeyed.

----

Wonshik looked around at the boys in his living quarters as he dialed a number on his phone. He put the phone up to his ear and waited for an answer. But the phone rang and rang, until the person's voicemail played. Wonshik rolled his eyes. 

"So we're getting ready to eat breakfast.. And after that my classes start.. Just wanted to let you know how it's going.. Call me back later" he left a voicemail and clicked 'end call'

Wonshik looked down at the ground and sighed when the boy sleeping above him jumped down from his bed and started to walk away, but tripped over Wonshik's bag and landed face first on the ground. 

"AGAIN??" Wonshik shrieked and scrambled to help his bunk buddy up.. "I'm sorry.. I'm really sorry" he apologized over and over. "My nose!" the young man clutched his bleeding nose

"Oh god.. I'm really sorry. I could've sworn I moved my bag!" Wonshik said before he took a moment to look up at the name on the top bunk..

"Can I call you Hakyeon? I'm really sorry" 

Finally, Hakyeon made it to his feet and wiped his nose.. "I'm okay. And yes, that's my name"

"Do you want me to walk with you to breakfast?"

"Sure, I guess. I'll probably get lost though"

"No problem.. I'd rather get lost with someone other than getting lost alone" Wonshik smiled and walked next to Hakyeon..

Finally, all the boys were out of their bunks and on their way to the cafeteria.

----

Taekwoon made his way to an empty table with his plate of food and pulled his phone out of his pocket and call his parents. 

"Hello?" Taekwoon heard his father on the other end. 

"Dad! It's Taekwoon"

"Hey! How is Space Camp? You actually made it in? I thought you were afraid you wouldn't"

"Well.. I got a little help"

"Really? From who?"

"A counselor"

"Ahhh.. Well your mother is still asleep. Shall I leave a message?"

"Just let her know that I called. I gotta go. I'm about to eat" Taekwoon said before saying goodbye to his father. Talking to his parents always made him smile

Soon after talking on the phone, a few other boys sat next to Taekwoon and talked amongst themselves. He felt a little nervous being close to them, so without realizing it, Taekwoon accidently moved his plate and his cup of milk fell off the table and all over the shoes of the guy sitting next to him.

Taekwoon cursed under his breath and picked up the cup off the ground. He was about to stand up to fetch napkins, but the boy sitting to him grabbed him by the collar and pulled him back down. "You know, these shoes are expensive!" he yelled in Taekwoon's ear. "Stop being a klutz!"

"I'm sorry" Taekwoon mumbled and bowed his head. "What's wrong with you? Talk louder" the boy demanded. "Leave him alone, Jiyong" one of the boys said out of sympathy for Taekwoon. 

"No! This brat spilt milk on my shoes.." Jiyong shouted

"Why won't you talk?"

Taekwoon only looked down at the ground, trying his hardest to avoid anymore verbal abuse, but it obviously wasn't working.

"I think he's retarded" one of the boys laughed..

"Are you? Are you a retard or something?" Jiyong giggled. "No" Taekwoon said quietly

"Yah! Speak up!" one of the boys shouted while Jiyong slapped him upside the head. 

Then again..

"Come on! Talk, you retard!"

Just then...

"Hey hey hey! Knock it off" another boy ran up to the scene and tore Jiyong's hands away from Taekwoon's collar. "Don't touch me! And don't get in this, he ruined my shoes"

"Well, he's a polite guy, I'm assuming it was an accident.. And I'm also assuming he said sorry.. Am I right?"

"..Yeah.. But.."

"Then that's all that matters.. Walk away" the boy said and shoved Jiyong in another direction, who only glared and strutted away with his friends..

"Hey, you okay? He didn't hit you that hard, did he?" the boy asked and examined Taekwoon's head. "No.. I'm fine" he reassured him

"Okay good. What an , huh? Come on, I'll walk with you to our first lecture. You're Taekwoon, right?" the boy asked. Taekwoon looked up at him in confusion. "How did.."

"I saw it on your bunk.. All the kids in our living quarters have the same classes at the same time.. We're just split into groups.. I'm Hakyeon.. Maybe we'll be in the same group" Hakyeon smiled and stood Taekwoon up to walk with him

"This kid is a little clingy" Taekwoon thought

----

Hakyeon and Taekwoon walked into space station exhibit 5 for their lesson. To their amazement, there were so many shuttles and equipment laying for people to see and teachers to reference. Taekwoon's mouth dropped at all the cool gadgets while Hakyeon only smiled. Soon, they made it to the spot they were to meet their other classmates. To their surprise, the six students in their group all recognized each other from somewhere..

"Stand on the red line!" the students heard a woman's voice say. All the boys looked down to see a red line and stood side by side. "Very good.." a woman, who looked probably well into her 30's said. "Hello. My name is Han Jae-hee, but I have my students call me Ridley.. Not teacher.. Not Mrs. Han.. But just Ridley.. I'm  39 and I am here because this is my field of expertise.. And I love to teach.." Ridley smiled and scanned the group of boys.. "Now it's your turn... Going from left to right, state your name, age, and why you are here" she instructed and pointed to Hakyeon. 

"Hello.. My name is Cha Hakyeon. I am 20 and I'm here because this is also my area of expertise and I would like to learn more" Hakyeon said, not being able to remove the huge geeky smile from his face. Ridley nodded and turned to the next student

"Hello.. My name is Lee Hongbin.. I am 17 and I'm here because I love the subject of space exploration and I would love to become an astronaut" Hongbin stated. "Hmmm. You'd be one of our first astronauts.. Next?" Ridley looked towards the next boy

"Hello.. My name is Han Sanghyuk. I am 16 and I'm here because I'm ready to learn more about space exploration" Sanghyuk smiled. "You're very young Sanghyuk.. Don't you have school?" Ridley asked. "I dropped out to come here" he said blankly, like a soldier. "You need your education, Sanghyuk.." Ridley shot back. "I thought this was more important.." Sanghyuk said. Feeling the pressure, he started to tense up, to which Hongbin held his hand. "You'll find that later in life that that was probably a mistake" Ridley shook her head and moved on to the next kid in line. Sanghyuk started to feel tears in his eyes because of the embarrassment that he felt. Hongbin continued to squeeze his hand. "It's okay" he whispered in the younger one's ear

"Hello.. My name is Lee Jaehwan. I am 18 and I am here because I'm a huge fan of science.." Jaehwan smiled and looked down at Ridley. "Anything else?" she asked. "I'd like to learn more about astronomy" Jaehwan said proudly. Ridley smiled and walked to the next. 

"Hello.. My name is Kim Wonshik. I am 17 and I am also a fan of science and space technology.." Wonshik said.. "Straighten out your back, Wonshik! You look like a hoodlum!" Ridley shouted, making Wonshik jump. "Sorry" he said quickly and fixed his posture. "Any other reason you're here, Wonshik?" she asked. "My parents thought it was a good idea to send me here" he said. Ridley smiled and walked over to the last boy in line. 

Taekwoon looked up and realized it was already his turn and straightend out his back. "Hello.. My name is Jung Taekwoon and I am 20" Taekwoon said quietly.. The boys in line looked in his direction and tilted their heads. "You're quiet.." Jaehwan blurted out, earning a slap in the head from Hongbin. "And.. why you are here?" Ridley asked while the other boys listened. Taekwoon looked down at the ground and thought of what to say..

"Because I like space" was all he said. Ridley looked up at him, trying to figure him out, but she gave up to continue on with the lesson. "Short, sweet, and to the point.." she said. "Alright.. Today, we're going to be looking around this building and I'll be going into detail about all the material you see around you.. Think of it as a tour.. But it's not" she explained. Then, Hongbin raised his hand..

"Have you ever been to space?" he asked

"No, Hongbin, I have not.."

"How come?" Jaehwan added

Ridley rolled her eyes and smiled. "I just haven't.." she answered..

"... Do you want to?" Hakyeon asked.. 

She shrugged her shoulders.. "I've thought of it once or twice.." she said rather flustered, feeling herself slip out of her teaching side.

After the Q&A, the six boys and their teacher walked around the building.. "Do you have any other classes?" Wonshik asked out of no where. "No.. You are you the only class I'm going to be focusing on.." she answered as she lead the way.. It took them around two hours to look at every piece of material in the building. When the lesson came to a close. Ridley turned around to her small class. "So.. We're going to be getting to know each other better. I find it easier to bond if we have our own inside jokes or code names.. And since I have a nickname.. How about I give you all nick names..?" she asked

All but Taekwoon nodded. "Taekwoon? How about it?" she asked again. He let out a small smile and shrugged. "I don't care" he said quietly

"Okay.. Well let's see.. Hakyeon.. I feel like if we give you a nickname.. It'll be short and sweet..." Ridley suggested. Hakyeon only waited for his new nickname with a smile. "I'll nickname you N" she smiled Hakyeon's smiled dropped. "N?" he repeated

"As in N, the letter in the english alphabet" she said to him, as if he was stupid. Hakyeon only shrugged and looked away.. 

"Jaehwan.. For some reason, your face reminds me... Of a doll" Ridley said to Jaehwan.. "Is that supposed to be a good thing?" he asked.. "I'll name you after the male barbie doll.. But I can't remember his name right now.." Ridley scratched her head. Jaehwan couldn't believe what he was hearing. 

"You mean Ken?" Wonshik spoke up.. "YES!" Ridley smiled. Jaehwan looked over to Wonshik in disbelief.. "What? I think it's sounds fine" Wonshik shrugged. Jaehwan decided not to argue and just kept his mouth shut.. For once

"As for Hongbin.. I think we can leave your name as is.. Hongbin fits you well" Ridley nodded and moved on the Sanghyuk. Hongbin pouted, since he was excited for a nickname

"Sanghyukkie.. Your name is really long.. We should give you a short name like N"

Sanghyuk only listened and didn't talk because he was too afraid she's put him on blast again.

"But I like your name.. Maybe we should just shorten it.." Ridley suggested.

"Sang??" Hakyeon asked

"No.. Hyuk" she smiled up at the tall boy. "How does that sound?" she asked. Sanghyuk only nodded his head. Her very presence made him feel uneasy..

"As for our Wonshik.."

"Oh jeez" Wonshik mumbled under his breath.. "What was that?" she asked

"Nothing" he snapped.. Ridley rolled her eyes and looked up at him.. "Hmmm... Your face is not like the rest.. It's very unique.. You don't like the average Korean"

"I'm not sure if that's a compliment or insult..." Wonshik said

"You need an exotic name.." she said, to which Wonshik just nodded. "Let's use the letter R, since we never do.."

"And spell it cool too" Hongbin added. 

"How about.. Ravi?" Jaehwan said.. "Hmm, sounds cool to me" Wonshik smiled..

"Satisfied?" Ridley smiled

"Yupp" he said and looked around the building

"Last but not least.. Our Taekwoon.. Another long name" Ridley said as she stood in front of Taekwoon, who just looked down at her. "I don't understand why you don't look up much. You have a beautiful face" she complimented him.. Taekwoon felt warm inside to the compliment and looked away to blush.. "For some reason, your face reminds me of... A cat"

"A kitty??" Jaehwan gushed as he thought of his pet cat..

"More like a lion actually.. You look like a kitty now.. But I think you can be a fierce lion someday.." Ridley smiled and looked up at him

"How about Leo? Like the zodiac? Except we'll pronounce it "lay-o", instead of "lee-o"" she suggested. Taekwoon only nodded. 

Ridley took one more moment to look at him and backed away. "Then it's settled.. N, Ravi, Hyuk, Hongbin, Ken, and Leo.. I like it. I really like it"

All the boys smiled and took a moment to memorize each other's nicknames. "I want you all to call each other by your nicknames. It'll help you bond" Ridley ordered. "I just hope we don't get bullied" Jaehwan sighed

"I'll take care of anyone who tries to mess with you.. Now.. I have a meeting with the other teachers.. Go take a break and have fun in your next class" Ridley smiled before walking out the door of the exhibit. The six boys waved and turned around to get another peek at the equipment. 

"Hyung! We should all practice calling each other by our names" Sanghyuk said to Hongbin.. "How about it guys?" Hongbin smiled.

---

"N-hyung!" Wonshik called out to Hakyeon who had his back turned. Hakyeon turned around and looked at the kids in his group. "Ken-goon!" Hakyeon called out and turned back around. Jaehwan turned around and looked around to the others who all had their backs turned. "Hyuk!" Jaehwan called out and turned around. Sanghyuk turned around and thought of who to call. "Leo hyung!" Sanghyuk called out and turned back around. Taekwoon turned around and his eyes landed on Wonshik. "Ravi-sshi" Taekwoon called out and turned his back to him. Wonshik turned around. "Hongbinnie!" he smiled and turned his back. "Yah! Don't call me that" Hongbin snapped and turned around..

The six boys did this until their next class started and they were off to the next building..

---

After all the classes were over, all the boys made it to living quarters 12B, except for Sanghyuk, who got lost..

As the sky turned black, Sanghyuk tried to open any door that was unlocked, but unfortunately, they were all locked. 

Until, finally, one door opened for him. "Hello?" he called out, hoping for someone to answer him

"I'm lost and I need help getting back to my room.." Sanghyuk said to nobody. He managed to pull his phone out and flash a light on a sign on the wall

"Storage unit 14W?" Sanghyuk read aloud.. Instead of leaving, Sanghyuk decided to look around. At the end of one long hall, he noticed one storage block was open ever so slightly. He moved cautiously to the block and opened the door slowly. And what he saw next was a... robot..

He softened and looked at the robot. "Hey there, little one, what's your name?" Sanghyuk asked, knowing he wouldn't get an answer..

At least not yet....