Fieldtrip of the Century

VIXX's Space Camp

Two hours after the shuttle had launched, Rovix spun around the computer room near the boys' locker room. He plugged into the main computer that recieved a signal from mission control. "Re-entry to landing 14 hours. Estimated oxygen supply 11 hours and 44 minutes" the computer provided information for Rovix. "NNNNot eno-ough oxygen" Rovix said. "Probability of survival, 0%" the computer recited the transcripts. "Get Hyu-k ou-ttttt of spaaaace" Rovix quickly unplugged himself from the computer and made his way to mission control.

----

Jungsu sat near the window, looking up at the setting sun, thinking of Ridley. Minseok saw him sitting by himself, walked over to him and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Jaehee is smart. She'll find a way.." Minseok squeezed Jungsu's shoulder and said. "Don't worry yourself to death"

Jungsu nodded, and with that, Minseok went back to work. 

----

"What happened?" Hyuk sighed out of nowhere.. Hongbin turned to him and gave him a confused look. "What do you mean?" he asked him. 

"I mean, how did we get up here? I thought this was gunna be a test" Hyuk felt a knot in his throat.. 

"It was a test, Hyukkie. We had thermal curtain failure" Ridley said as she looked down at her feet. Just then, Ken's ear perked up at the term, and thought of where he heard it. 

"Thermal curtain failure..." Ken repeated under his breath. Leo and Ravi looked up at Ken. "I was right.." Ken looked up and said. 

"You were right? About what, Jaehwan?" N asked. Ken looked over at Hyuk and sighed. "Rovix did this" Ken said calmly. Hyuk's eyes widened. "What? How? Rovix did.."

"I talked with Rovix and he said we were going to space today, even when I told him it was just a test.. And he said "thermal curtain failiure". I even talked to you about it, noona" Ken turned to Ridley, who had memories of their talk come back to her. 

"Rovix couldn't just send us to space like that.. He couldn't do that" Hyuk babbled. 

"Yes, Sanghyuk. Yes, he could" Leo sighed. Hyuk looked over at him with a confused look. "Rovix was made by the administration which means he has access to every computer on campus. And on those computers, professors can induce a thermal curtain failiure" Leo explained

"They do it for students who are studying to become mission control members. They simulate it for them so they know what to do in the situation" N added. Hyuk looked down and sighed.. "Why would Rovix want to do that, Hyuk?" Ravi asked

Hyuk looked around the room, trying to think of a reason. "Well I've told him in the past that I've wanted to go to space, but.."

"Rovix has learning algorithms, so he can record what people say and actually work off of it. That's how I got Hongbin and Ravi in trouble. Rovix recited exactly what I said to campus police. Remember that? That robot is smarter than you think. He must have taken what you said and planned a trip for you" Ken explained to Hyuk. "But.. But why..?" Hyuk asked..

".... Because he wanted to make you happy..." Leo said calmly.

Hyuk looked over at his shoulder at Leo and softened up... "I guess this proves that I don't even know what I want, cause I don't want to be here anymore" he giggled to himself. 

"Well, it doesn't matter anymore how we got here. We're here. And we don't have enough oxygen to get us to the closest landing site in time before we suffocate" Ridley sighed. 

"... What if we use the propulsion system? We can take liquid oxygen from there" Ravi suggested. "The propulsion system uses Nitrogen Tetro-oxide, Wonshik. We want to breathe, not dry clean our lungs" Leo sighed. 

"Come on, hyung. At least he's trying to give us, ideas.. Maybe you should try it" Ken scoffed, defending Ravi.

"Let's hit up the drug store" Hongbin giggled, but only succeeded in earning a bunch of eye-rolls. "Very funny" N sighed. Just as everything fell silent...

"THAT'S IT!" Ridley snapped her fingers together and floated back to her seat. "What?? What is it!?!" Hyuk beamed. 

"We'll go to the Datalis Space Station" Ridley put on her headset while everyone got back in their seats. "But isn't Datalis still under construction?" Ken asked, but buckled up anyway. "Yes, but they have oxygen tanks stored there. It's the next best thing, so we're going" Ridley said as she watched N buckle up in his assigned seat. Leo was finally able to get in his own seat and stop sitting on Hongbin's lap.

"Prepare for manuever and OMS burn. We're transferring to another orbit.." Ridley declared "N, give me a course bearing"

"0 niner.. 5, 5 niner" N read one of the many manuels out loud

"Alright, go for OMS burn.." Ridley said as N hit the button with confidence. "Roger" N sighed "Estimated time of arrival for Datalis is 26 minutes and 4 seconds"

----

"Jungsu! We have Optimus transferring to a higher orbit at 78.9 degrees!" Joonmyun called out. Jungsu clapped his hands together, knowing what that meant. "YES! She remembered!"

----

"There it is.." Ridley pointed out the space station in the distance. N squinted his eyes but finally saw it. "Eureka!" he smiled

"This is all well and good you guys.. But how are we going to make it through re-entry without help from ground control?" Ken spoke up. 

"I actually had an idea on that that I'd like to share" Ravi smiled, happy someone finally brought it up. "Tell us!" Hongbin shouted

"Okay. Of course you guys know that I've been reading a bunch for the last couple days, right?" Ravi said. "Yeah, yeah. Go on" Leo said as he made hand gestures. " What about the CXT switch?" Ravi pointed to the switch on the AFT deck. 

"Wonshik, you know Morse Code?" Ken asked, raising an eyebrow. "Yeah! I've read three books on it!"

"That's a great idea! Try it out, Ravi" Ridley turned around and smiled. Ravi floated over to the switch. "Finally, you come to use" Leo giggled, to which Ravi glared at him. 

"Kidding... Good idea, Wonshik" he smiled and patted his shoulder lightly. Ravi smiled back and started clicking. 

Back at mission control, the CXT light begins to blink the codes Ravi is trying to send them, but sadly, nobody is around to see it.

 

First of all I can't tell you how sorry I am for abandoning my fics ;;; college and work are insane... A comment earlier prompted me to update today so I just wanted to say sorry that ive done with my stories when people say they like them.. I just wish i had the time..

Also for all the ARMY's who are reading this, I'm going to TRB in Chicago because I'll be in Minnesota for the summer. So if anybody wants to meet up, let me know. 

And if you guys are wondering, all these scientific words in this story are 100% real. i don't make them up. i have to do actual research do write a chapter.. sometimes it can be a hassle but i feel better at night knowing that im not feeding you guys made up words and stuff.