Welcome to Space Camp Korea

VIXX's Space Camp

"NEXT!" the woman at the table yelled to the young men and women in line. All the new students were about to recieve their nametags for orientation.

One student walked up to the desk with a smile on his face. "Name?" the woman said blankly, looking down at a clip board

"Lee Hongbin.." Hongbin said, feeling a bit out of place. The woman at the table looked through the pile of name tags. When she finally found one that said "Lee Hongbin", she pulled it out and handed it to him. "Enjoy your time at Space Camp, Hongbin" the woman looked up at him and said a little more brightly. Hongbin smiled and walked aimlessly through the gym area, looking up at the decorations that hung by strings, waiting for Sanghyuk and Jaehwan.

"NEXT!" the woman shouted again. After a few students came and went, another young adult came up to the table, doing the pee-pee dance because he was so excited. "Name?" the woman asked.

"Cha Hakyeon" he smiled and helped the woman look through the huge and unorganized stack of name tags. When Hakyeon finally found his name, he took it and bowed to the lady at the desk and looked around the gym in awe, slowly passing by Hongbin, who was still waiting for his friends.

"NEXT!" 

The young man standing behind Hakyeon strutted towards the desk. "Kim Wonshik" he said, not even waiting for the woman to ask for his name. The woman looked up, honestly shocked by Wonshik's disrespect. She rolled her eyes and looked for his name tag. When she found it, she tossed it towards him and took back down at her clip board.. Wonshik scoffed and walked out of the gym, not even looking around at the amazing decorations.

After about 20 students, Hongbin saw a familiar face.

"Name?" the woman asked.

"Lee Jaehwan... You're very pretty, need help organizing these?" Jaehwan gestured to the stack of name tags. Hongbin rolled his eyes and did a face palm. "Why can't you just be quiet?" he thought. "Give me a break" the woman hissed and handed Jaehwan his name tag. He didn't think anything of it and walked towards Hongbin. "Can't you just keep those remarks to yourself?" Hongbin asked "You're such an embarrassment"

"It's called making a good impression" Jaehwan replied as he looked up at the ceiling.

"Where's Sanghyuk? He's taking forever" Jaehwan added. "I know.. I'm kinda starting to get worried" Hongbin bit his lip. "Oh stop worrying.. You know how much Sanghyuk hates it.." Jaehwan rolled his eyes. Hongbin didn't listen to his friend and only scanned the room for any sign of Sanghyuk. Finally, he was in Hongbin's sight. Sanghyuk waved to Hongbin as he stood in line.. When Hongbin waved back with a huge goofy grin on his face, Jaehwan spotted him in line and cracked a small smile. "Found him" Jaehwan said. After Sanghyuk got his name tag, the three friends left the gym together...

After ten more minutes, one of the last boys in line came up to the desk and bowed to the woman. "Name?" she asked for the 1000th time that day. 

"Jung Taekwoon" the shy young man said in his angelic voice. 

The woman scanned the last ten remaining name tags for his name, but couldn't find it. "Taekwoon, I can't see your name tag" the woman said

"What?" Taekwoon started to panic and looked at the name tags with her. But after much inspection, Taekwoon didn't have a name tag of his own. "Let me take you to the principal.. He'll figure this out for you" the woman stood up and took Taekwoon by the arm. He knew this would happen. "But I followed all the steps.. I paid for my books, I took the online survey" Taekwoon babbled.

"Sweetie.. Everything is going to be fine.. We have many students.. This is nothing more than a mix-up.. It happens quite a bit" she went on, trying to calm him down.

----

"Jung Taekwoon" the principal said as he looked at a file, sitting down at his desk. "You needed to see me?" he asked

"Well.. I was in line to get my name tag but the lady at the desk said I didn't have one" Taekwoon looked down to his lap. "So she brought me here.. I did all the instructions on the application.. I took the survey, I took the quiz and got 100%.. I paid for my books.."

"From what I can see here.. You successfully completed all the requirements.." the principal said as he looked down at his file. "Really?" Taekwoon smiled..

"Your transcripts are your problem.. You didn't fit the grade requirements.. You also didn't get a letter of recommendation from any instructor either" 

Taekwoon looked down and sighed. "What happens now...?" he asked

"I'm sorry son, but you don't have the requirements.. Go back to school and we can try again next year.." the principal closed the file and nodded. As he started to get up, Taekwoon stood up with him. "Please sir, I've tried so hard to come here, I've taken classes on space travel for years..I-I'm ready" he pleaded. 

"These are our rules here. I'm sorry.. There's not much else I can for you" the principal patted Taekwoon on the back walked past him to leave his office. Taekwoon couldn't believe it. After so much hard work and dedication to enter a space camp in Korea. His dream to attend a school that only focused on the thing he was most interested in and he didn't have to leave the country...

But now, just because of his transcripts.. He has to go back to school..

The thought of having to try all over again made Taekwoon tear up. He sat back down in the chair and cried in his hands.

After minutes of sobbing, another man walked in and looked down at Taekwoon. When he realized someone was watching, Taekwoon looked up and bowed his head.. "I'm sorry, I'll leave" he sniffled and stood up, but the man stopped him..

"I heard everything.. Sit down" the man said and gestured the young man to sit down. Taekwoon took a seat and wiped his face.

"My name is Park Jungsu.. But just call me Mr. Park. I'm a new counselor here and I fix problems.." Jungsu said with a smile..

"Well, I'm sorry Mr. Park, but I don't think you can fix my problem.."

"Oh, but I think I can.. I've heard of you.. I read your file, and my colleagues have told stories about seeing you attend their classes late at night.. You seem to be good at research.." Jungsu explained. "Really? P-People know about me" Taekwoon almost stumbled on his own words. "Oh yes"

"I tried so hard.."

"I know you did, Taekwoon.. How about I offer my scholarship to you? Every staff member gets one each to offer a student, regardless of their fees and grades.. And I believe you deserve to stay here. You've worked so hard.."

"But my letter of recommendation..."

"You don't have to worry about that.. And if we must, I'll write it.." Jungsu smiled and wrote out a form to hand to the principal..

"You can do this for me?" Taekwoon asked, feeling hope for the first time. 

"I can and I will. I can't think of any other student that has so much potential.. And I won't let it go to waste"

Taekwoon let out a sigh of relief and looked around the room, feeling like he was dreaming. "Let's go... You go set up your bunk in living quarters 12B. And I'll talk to the principal for you.. Please don't worry.. I can take care of it from here" Jungsu said as he stood up

"I can't thank you enough" Taekwoon smiled up at him. 

"Grades don't define who we really are.. I think you're very smart.. Can't let such a brilliant mind leave us.." Jungsu said one last time and walked out.. 

Trying his hardest to contain his feels, Taekwoon walked to living quarters 12B to set up his living space.

Just as he walked into a big room filled with bunk beds, Taekwoon realized that the beds had names on them. "There are names on everything" he rolled his eyes.. Just as Taekwoon saw one bed without a name, he walked towards it, but a worker beat him to it and set a name tag on it. Taekwoon sighed. "This is gunna be hard" he thought and started to walk away, but instead he turned around to see the bastard who stole his bed. It wasn't until further inspection that the name tag had his name on it

"Jung Taekwoon" he read in his mind and smiled. "Just take a breath" he thought and climbed up to the top bunk and laid out his favorite books on his bed. When he looked up, he watched as a young man saw his name on the bottom bunk and started to situate himself. The man living underneath Taekwoon looked to be younger than him

"Talk to someone, you're going to need info" Taekwoon thought... He crouched over the bed and looked down at his roommate. "I guess I missed orientation, huh?" Taekwoon said awkardly. 

"Did you?" the young man sighed and looked up at him. Taekwoon only nodded. "Well, it was boring as hell.. But I can tell you about it if you want" the boy said with a smile. Taekwoon beamed and nooded. "That would be great! I'm Jung Taekwoon" he smiled and held out his hand. 

"I'm Lee Hongbin.. I'm excited to start working with you.." Hongbin smiled and started to pull out the papers he recieved from the orientation to show to Taekwoon.