Flashback intro

Garde Du Corps

Yuri left right after the discussion with her mysterious partner about the recent job that she had taken up.

Taeyeon... Yuri muttered.

--flashback italics

Taeyeon and Yuri were once the bestest of friends. They were literally connected by the hip. Apparently both their parents died on the same hijacked plane crash. It was unfortunate that the only daughter was left surviving on their own.

Yuri and Taeyeon met each other on the streets at the young age of 7. Yuri was running away from another buff looking security guard with a bag full of groceries stashed in her bag.

It was becoming a routine. Wake up. Steal food. Run. Find shelter. Attempt to sleep through the heavy traffic during the night.

Turning into the corner, she bumped into someone and fell back on her bum.

It hurt.

But it was no time to whine and she had learnt to be independent after her parents death.

Immediately picking herself up, Yuri dusted off her clothes. It was new as she had just stolen it 3days ago, it almost had her caught. She wasn't going to risk it again so she better take care of them. She then tried to break off into a run when she felt herself being pulled back into a narrow alley. It was so narrow that even her lanky self could barely fit in. Yuri glanced to her right only to see another girl who looked about the same age as her grinning.

"blindspot. " she claimed, "he won't find you here."

"I'm Taeyeon. " the girl placed her hand out.

Yuri looked at it curiously.

Was she going to hit her? Yuri wasn't taking any chances.

She took a step back.

Taeyeon noticed the fear in the girl eyes and gave her another smile.

" Let's be friends. Here shake my hand it's a form of acceptance. "

Yuri was hesitant at first but soon gave in knowing that Taeyeon will continue to persist if she did not agree.

'This girl is smart. I need a someone like her' Yuri thought.

" I'm.. Yu-ri.. "she said it in a small voice.

She was always on her own and had little communication skills hence the nervous exclamation. As if Taeyeon 's smile could not get any wider. It did.

"Great. I'll teach you everything I know. So we can help each other out next time."

Taking a glance outside, taeyeon confirmed that the the coast was clear and proceeded to lead both of them out.

From then on, both of them were always on good terms and managed to find a temporary apartment at the age of 12 where they could pay rent to stay in. It could only work as both were working many part times jobs from morning to night. Once, working illegally in a cafe-- Yuri was only 12 but she had the appearance of a 16 year old at least height wise and was able to decieve Mr manager to let her have the job. Taeyeon on the other hand wasn't so fortunate. Only after pleads and begs to the cafe shop owner, She was allowed to be an assistant waitress/ singer. Only serving simple drinks. And on busy days she was allowed on stage to give a short performance of songs she overheard once or twice on the way to work.

Taeyeon had a flare for singing.

Everyone applauded when she finishes her songs.

She also had an astounding good memory. For her to be able to sing songs she only heard once always amazes yuri.

A man in his late 30s claded in a simple black suit walked into the cafe. His leather shoes clicked against the floor as he made his way towards yuri who was currently serving as the cashier.

Sliding down his glasses, he simply said "are you kwon yuri?"

Sensing trouble, yuri gulped.

Taeyeon came forward and asked" who are you and what do you want "

Taeyeon had always been the protective one always taking care of yuri as the older one even if it's only a couple of months.

The man raised his eyes brows and smiled " you must be Kim taeyeon then. Nice to meet you. " he ruffled taeyeon head.

Oh taeyeon was upset. She doesn't like being viewed as cute. She gave him her meanest glare but he only laughed it off.

" both of you are so cute. Do you think we can talk privately. I'm trying to offer you guys a new jobs where you would be paid handsomely. Interested? " Glancing at each other, they've come into a decision and excused themselves together with the black suited man to the back alley of the cafe.

" join the special task forces. We are in need of young talents like both of you. We've been watching you girls for sometime and decided to make our moves before your talents go to waste. " He continue further Yuri understood about them picking taeyeon, but her? She was confused. She wasn't particularly good at anything. She raised her curiosity at the man only to be met with a more puzzling answer.

" Kwon Yuri? You're special. You just don't know it yet " After a heated discussion, the girls had finally accepted his offer. They were going to be living in dormitories. Given 3 meals everyday and they just had to go to the appointed lessons everyday. Simple. Or so they thought.

==

here's a short introduction to whom yuri and taeyeon actually are. the next chapter would also be a flashback so stay tuned :D