Training from Hell and.... :)

Garde Du Corps

2002.

Taeyeon was thrown across the floor.

Her back slammed into the wall behind and a loud thud sounded as she laid pitifully on the floor.

It was her 2nd week in the special task force training camp and it doesn't look like she had gotten the hang of it.

"Get the up midget. You're going to get killed at this rate if you're on fieldwork."

Her world was spinning; she could tell a rib or two was broken by the punch that sent her flying.
Lying on the blood stained floor, this was the class she hated the most. Close combat. The trainees were up against professionally trained coaches and the only way to pass this class was to beat the coaches. The first time taeyeon stood in front of her heavy weight coach prolly 4times the size of her she had already predetermined that she wouldnt be able to get out of this class in a breeze like the rest.

And well she was right.

Close combat lesson for Taeyeon basically goes like this: 1 hour of teaching and the next 3 hours getting beaten up. It was impossible to actually apply the moves they learnt as the Coaches already predicted them.

Groaning, she stood up, spitting the blood in . She wasn't going to let this go down without a fight.
Regaining balance she charged at the bulky opponent in front of her.
She felt blood pumping even faster through her veins and her vision enhanced due to the sudden adrenaline rush.

'He's going for a left.' She thought and ducked.
Taking her chance, she threw a first at her coach. It struck him hard and he was taken aback. But it was nothing that he couldn't recover from. Even worse he was fuming from taking a hit from a lackey whom was also a girl. The man struck back at her knocking taeyeon out.
============

2007

Blinking open her eyes, she suddenly shot up on bed.
"OWWW." Taeyeon laid back down on bed clutching her ribs. It felt like dejavu all over again. It was already her 5th year in training She couldn't possibly remember how many times she has woken up in the infirmary the same way she did today.


"HAHHAHAHA you're here too. "
Looking at her side. She saw her best friend staring back at her grinning. Yuri's leg was in a cast. It has been 3 days since she passed the advanced close combat training and sergeant decided to give her some slack for her leg to heal. It was said that she broke her leg after slamming her coach down and giving him a broken nose. The coach that she fought with was replaced after that. Rumour has it that he suffered severe injuries from the fight with yuri rendering him from further continuation of his coaching.

Looking around, it could hardly be called an infirmary. There were surgery rooms here and many trainees have been sent in and out of here suffering from the training from hell. Screams of pain could often be heard from those scared surgery rooms and no one dared to go near it.

========
Apparently there were different types of special task force training. But neither Taeyeon nor Yuri were ever informed of and were sent to close combat, shooting and forming strategic scenarios for their training.

Taeyeon excelled in strategic planning and while yuri was best at close combat. She was the first trainee who passed neutral difficulty close combat class 10days through the training but her attention span during strategy planning class was like a dog on crack. She could hardly pay attention to class. Often sleeping or skipping them as she claimed it was too damn boring.

She rather spend time on the roof staring at the sky. It brings back memories of the once happy family she had had. They would often go on picnics on such beautiful weather and spend good quality time together. It goes the same for Taeyeon. However Taeyeon learnt to built a barrier around her heart, remindng her self to move on and not mourn about her past.

However both were head to head at shooting. They were the best out of the best. Precise and quick at every shot. Both could pretty much equip any type of gun and still produce accurate results. This kind of crazy accuracy was a rare sight even for professionals. Many of them often came down to the shooting range to challenge both of them to a shoot off often ending up losing the wages they had bet.

-------------

"10. Perfect", the machine sounded.

Yuri werent surprised at it and kept a concentrated look, well prepared for the next shot.

"10. Perfect." the machine read out again.

Yuri glanced to her side and watch taeyeon ever so confindently place another bullet into her pistol.

"9."

Both Yuri and Taeyeon looked at the supposedly commander on the very right, wearing a shocked look on their face.

"Erm... did we go to harsh on him?" Yuri asked Taeyeon smirking a little while Taeyeon just laughed it off.

This went on for a while till the commander was humilated thoroughly and paid them a wad of money. Looking at the target boards the on lookers were taken aback that there was only one hole in both Taeyeon's and Yuri's. A hole right in the middle of the Target's forehead. How could it be?

One of the trainee went up and asked Yuri.

"oh. i guess they all went through the same hole haha." she ever so humbly answered

"HUKKKK" everyone coughed.

"I guess that's our cue to leave taengoo.." Yuri scratched the back of her head awkwardly dragging taeyeon by the wrist out of the range.

-----------------

There was other course. A one that hardly anyone takes because it takes serious commitment and passion of the course. medicine. and taeyeon knew a person pretty well that majored in medical science.
"... You're here for the 12th time this week ms taeyeon. Please cut some slack. You can't just come in losing your consciousness all the time you know. Watch out for the knock out punches for god's sake.. ". doctor nagged at taeyeon for the hundredth? time.
" hehe. I can't help it. The coaches are way too difficult to beat. Its either at least landing a hit on him and get knocked out or get beaten up for 3 hrs." Taeyeon replied sheepishly.
Tiffany Hwang. Daughter of Mr Hwang, the man who took them in. Mr Hwang is quite the high ranking official here in the Special Task Force. Taeyeon only found out about their relationship when she overheard the conversation between the father and daughter. The relationship wasn't openly disclosed to everyone as Tiffany did not want to recieve special treatment as she worked herself up the ranks. She's a medical science major and is on her way to be a doctor. Being that good at medical science at the age of 12 made her a genius in the training grounds. Hence she was allowed to work in the infirmary for extra cash. Tiffany was also in her strategy planning and shooting class. She's no joke too in the other classes frequently in the top 5 in class. Now in her 5th year of working in the infirmary she had attend to 17 year old taeyeon injuries for countless times.

"I've to re bandage your ribs now. Please take off your shirt." Taeyeon blushed as she took her shirt off. She was still not used to taking her shirt off in the infirmary. Partly due to the open place where there was no shades and mostly due the fact that Tiffany was of such close proximity to her.

She was flushed red and hid her face behind her shirt.
*whistles *
Taeyeon jerked to her right glaring at yuri who was teasing her.

"keep still taetae " Tiffany whispered in her ear as she finished off the bandaging. Taeyeon was frozen. And Tiffany giggled at how cute she was.

Did I ever mentioned that they were friends? Since taeyeon frequent visit to the infirmary, they had soon became friends. Yuri could hardly consider them as friends as she would often notice the slight flirting around the atmosphere and that between the two of them or even something more and hence the teasing.

However they weren't allowed to address each other as friends in the infirmary as it was strictly doctor patient relationship and the sergeant had made it obvious that there shall be no dating in this camp.

Tiffany sneaked a peck at taeyeons cheek making taeyeon blush again, pouting. before winking at yuri and strutting off to do other things. Taeyeon glared at yuri. While yuri shrugged it off. It was amusing to see her best friend jealous.

=============

Everything changed after the graduation from the STF. Everyone had lost contact with one another. Taeyeon and Yuri grew distant due to their working preferences. And they decided they could not be partners anymore.

Present (2014)
Taeyeon returned to her car and slammed her fist onto the dashboard. accidentally smacking to hard on the horn.

"BEEEEEEP" the horn sounded in the midst of the busy road.

Why can't we be like how we used to be...

Releasing the break pedals,  Taeyeon started off slowly into the jammed pack road. 

"Another busy day for everyone.."

The proffesionally dressed woman then wind down the window to watch commuters hurry while she waited for the traffic to disperse.

That was when a rushing brunette downed in a white lab coat caught her eye.

Tiffany Hwang?

Horns blarred behind her and Taeyeon awoke to her senses. I must be dreaming.

and drove off.

==============

Heyy people. quite the time lapse im writing here. i hope you dont get confused. I've specifically wrote the years down so as to help you guys understand it better.

This chapter is mostly in written about Taeyeon's life in this story.. With an appreance of another of our main leads. Hahaa was it expected?

Comments are much appreciated here. Thankyou. 

Sorry for the late update. Ill try my best to update more often next time. to my one and only commenter :D yes its taeyeon. (sorry bout not responding to u )