II

Sidelines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I’m being intoxicated in the happiness that shined bright for a moment

I must have been distracted for a moment in the memories’ light

You’re already at the place I can’t reach."

- Thunder, EXO

Sometimes, we get the feeling of over-excitement, the moment after that, we get disappointment. You have to learn, that people may have a good heart, but end up hurting you in the most indirect way they could. And if they never notice now, they'll never notice it. It's like an abyss of sadness. Once you fall, you may never return.

Sehun

I woke up this morning with bed hair and a strained face as a faint knocking woke me from my slumber. Who the heck visits someone on holidays in the morning? It's just simply disturbing. I stumbled my way to the front of the door and opened it only to see the person I least expected to step on my front door.

"M-Minhee?" Gosh my mouth, It's so embarassing. 

"Sorry for disturbing you this early, I just wanted to ask if you can help me with something." She asked shyly with a gentle voice. How mesmerizing. If only I can listen to it every day and night.

"It's okay, I just woke up anyways. What is it that you wanted me to help?" I asked back, combing my hair in the process and trying to look the best in front of Min Hee. She looked up with a hint of delight and beamed before she opened again.

"Really? I know we're not that close but, can you tell me Luhan's phone number?" And there goes my heart again. I wanted to frown at that moment but I held it back. Sometimes I wonder why I am doing this.

"O-Oh, Uhm, sure I'll send it to you." Damn my stutters.

When she finally went, I closed the door and slid down 'til I reached the floor. I sat there in silence as thoughts spun in my mind.

People are right.

Dreams never do come true.

 

I have never once believed in any fairy tales and Disney stories. You know why? They're all just lies. There's no such thing as a 'happily ever after'. People would say that I am a pessimist. But soon they'll realise, nothing is perfect, even if it seems like it.

Sunjeong

It was still a peaceful night where I could focus on something else and finally put my worries at the back of my head. One of the worries is about Sehun. He hadn't show up for the classes for a week already. What is that kid up to? He was avoiding everyone, every single living creature that he could. That, I noticed. But, why?

I never stopped to wonder about what he's thinking. Probably ab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter