Almost

Moments

 

VKOOK 


 It was only almost but Jungkook felt as if his heart would beat out of his chest when he felt Taehyung’s breath against his lips.  Normally this wouldn’t be a big deal, there were too many nights with Taehyung draped around him with all limbs placing a dead weight on him and Taehyung’s face too close to his, but this… was different. 


When Taehyung asks Jungkook why he was so out of it after the show, Jungkook just shakes his head, a ‘Nah,  it’s nothing.’ as a reply before he shoo’s the other away. It wasn’t soon after that Taehyung shrugs the topic off, with a cheer that followed as it was announced that they were getting the expensive kind of meat for dinner, compliments of True Colours.  


Through out dinner Jungkook finds himself glancing at his youngest hyung’s lips. Not that he was attracted but something in him tingled curiosity. Would it be extremely weird if he thought of kissing one of his bandmates? But what concerned him the most was the underwear policy; if he was in fact attracted to men,  it would be only a matter of time before he tells the members… and as mysterious as Jungkook liked to think of himself as, there was barely anything that the members don’t know about him. If he was to come out as biual, would that mean that the whole group would start feeling awkward and start wearing clothes in the dorm? 


Nah… half the group is convinced Taehyung is panual and they have no problem walking out of the bathroom .  If anything, Jungkook thinks,  he can always play the ‘JOKES’  card and brush it off.

Yeah.

When they got back home, it was another one of those nights with the same routine;

11:30pm  Jungook returns to bed after his shower to find Taehyung already spread across his bed. 

11:35pm  Jungkook kicks him out

11:36pm  Taehyung takes over Jimin’s bed

11:50pm  Jimin whines and somehow manages to pushes him off

11:51pm  Taehyung returns to his own bed

12:15am  Jungkook falls asleep.

Thirty minutes later….


Jungkook woke up to the weight on top of him, he groans softly before readjusting himself on the bed only come face to face with the one that had joined him on his bed even after the maknae made it clear that he was not welcome. Despite how much he tried to sleep Jungkook finds himself unable to and opened his eyes to look at the latter; he feels the slight tingle of curiosity creeping up once again. Hesitant for a long moment he presses his hand against the boy’s cheek.  

Taehyung was asleep; well it seemed like he was anyway- no, he was. If he just pecks the elder’s lips, it wouldn’t be that harmful. Under the dim light Jungkook couldn’t help but stare at the latter’s lips, feeling agitated and sudden boost of courage running through his veins the boy presses his lips against Taehyung’s. Letting it linger for a while, Jungkook pulled away. Breathing heavily as he couldn’t believe what he had just done himself. 


What did I just do?—


He didn’t know know how long he spent staring at Taehyung, hours, days, weeks, probably just seconds— but it felt like centuries before he saw a smile creep up the elder’s lips. With the boy’s eyes still closed, he leaned in then pecked the younger’s lips before quickly pulling away, “Is your curiosity satisfied?~” The other mumbled before reaching over to pat Jungkook’s cheek, “Go to sleep now.” 


How had he known?  Jungkook thinks for an idle moment but reasons that if he started asing that for every time Taehyung did this sort of thing, he wouldn’t have time for anything else. The youngest merely hums as he nods then closes his eyes not before whispering a soft ‘Good night’.


A.N. Written for a prompt from VKOOKISMINE on tumblr
Prompt: a fic about the 'kiss' during the true color radio program. 

P.S. also check out a new fic tumblr [ STILL UNDER CONSTUCTION- all kpop, prompts accepted ] with three authors, including me, sweet_dreams and secretivechicken if you are interested!