Lesson for Newbie

Fooled Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunggyu has just arrived in school and was walking peacefully when suddenly a bucket of water poured from above to his whole body. And it’s stinky. He looked up and saw two girls giggled and shouted at him, “Oops, sorry! We don’t know that there’s a person there.” He was still in fair minded, thinking that those two girls didn’t splash him on purpose but only emptying that bucket of water for cleaning their class thus he didn’t thought too much. He then just made his way to his locker to get his school jersey and training pants for changing his wet uniform.

He then went to his classroom and met with an awkward silence from his classmates once he opened the class door. Every one stared at him for some moments but then continued their chatting. Sunggyu strode to his desk and he was surprised by some cursing and harsh words scratched on his desk.

‘Nerd.’
‘Get lost.’
‘Stop showing off.’
‘Get out of here.’
‘Son of b*tch.’

He looked around wondering who was the one that scratching his desk. Judging by the font types, it must be more than one person. But yet he couldn’t guess and he might mistakenly throwing tantrum hence he just kept silent while holding back his anger. Sunggyu then made his way outside the class heading to borrow a rag from janitor to clean his desk. But once he walked in hallway, he was thrown by something right on his back head.

He rubbed his bumped head and after noticing that there was a blackboard eraser that full of chalk dust, he looked around to find the culprit yet he found everyone around looking at him while laughing hard. The whole people in the floor of senior batch student were laughing at him who was smeared in chalk dust, including his classmates, all of them. But soon the throngs dismissed when the school bell rang and teachers came to each class.

“Kim Sunggyu? What’s happen to you? Why aren’t you in class?” his teacher surprised at his mess appearance. Yet he just shook his head and followed his teacher to enter the classroom while dusting the chalk dust away from his head and his clothes.

This entire day, he was being hard done by everyone in his batch as if he got some kind of mass bullying from the whole school. Once, he found his math book slipped in a trash can, and then his stationeries scattered on floor, and lastly someone threw him with a pack of milk thus he had to change his clothes once more and borrow Howon’s jersey.

Well, not everyone really bullied him because Howon didn’t do anything to him yet he couldn’t help him either to prevent their friends’ attacks.

“What did I do wrong?” Sunggyu asked Howon while changing his clothes in boy’s restroom.

“Pabo. Don’t you even notice that?” he frowned in disbelief. “It’s of course because you got first place right after you transferred here.”

Sunggyu startled for a moment then chuckled, “Impossible.” But then he stopped laughing when he saw Howon’s serious expression. “Is it really because of that?”

Howon nodded stoicly made him scoffing in disbelief. “Well, do you expect them to praise you because you got first place?” he stared at him then shook his head calmly. “To be honest, I feel a little upset knowing that I can be the second if you aren’t here.” He shrugged his shoulders and patted his arm friendly.

Sunggyu lowered his head to clean his milk-soaked eyeglasses. As he has realized the reason of his bullying case, he felt a bit hurt though he somehow found it silly and too childish.

“Besides, you beat Jung Eunji, the queen of our school. You know, she has some secret admirers who somehow really obsessed at her and will get rid everything or everyone who pestering her. I bet they are the provocateur behind all of this. Or maybe… is it she her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter