The Queen and The Nerd

Fooled Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Only one step more, and she would get over all of this.
Only one step more, but he ruined it all.

 

He was late. He was already late for his first day in his new school. He run fast as he took glance to his wristwatch over and over, somehow hoping that time will stop so that he would arrive at school in time. But hence it was already 08.45 and he was already late for fifteen minutes. Blame his sleepyhead habit and his quite far new house from his new school.

He was about to straightly run across the bridge when he noticed a girl was standing up on the fence bar.

She must be trying to look at the water and fishes, he told himself in fair minded. He run through, yet his mind got back to the girl and he was worried. Thus, he tried to take a glimpse and that was when he noticed that the girl has already taken a step on the highest bar. What the heck is she doing? She obviously tries to jump from the bar!

Forgetting the fact that he must be too late to come to school, he stomped back and run toward the girl, not wasting his time to grab her shoulder and pulled her away from the fence bar hence they both fell down to the ground.

“Yah! What are you doing!” she yelled at him and he could see anger beamed from her eyes as they both got up on their feet.

“S-sorry… I-I guess you aimed to j-jump…,” he stuttered, by both of her strong yet pretty appearance and her scary anger towards him.

“Mind your own business, ahjussi!” she shouted again and beamed a death glare at him.

Ahjussi? When he was obviously wearing his middle school uniform that moment and he was still called ‘ahjussi’? Blame his old-looking face and his thick-lenses eyeglasses. But yet he didn’t want to talk back and involve in a fight with that girl any further and just shrugged away his upset feeling for being called as an ‘ahjussi’.

“I’m sorry, I’m so sorry,” he muttered while bowing several times before turning back to his initial direction leaving the girl who was still glaring angrily at him. He run fast and faster to his new school hoping that he wouldn’t get any punishment in his first day.

***

 

 

 

His jaw dropped as he saw the girl he met in the bridge this morning entering his class on the third class hour. How stupid he was for just noticing that the girl was wearing same uniform with him. He tried to cover his face with a book when she walked passing him. But it was too late since she has already shot him with her knife glare. Fortunately, she sat on two desks after him to the left, right on the left back of the class, border on the window.

He poked his classmate on the desk in front of him, asking who that girl was and he could see how that classmate of him whispered in anxiety.

“He’s Jung Eunji, the queen in our school. Better not to involve with her or you’ll be in a big problem. She is the smartest girl and the most arrogant student here, look at how she cooly coming in even though she was very late for school hour. Yet, her background is so mysterious. Some rumor said that her father is an owner of a big company in our country, some other said her father is a mafia boss, some other even said that she is the mafia boss herself. It was sure there’s someone with big power behind her since some teachers here were afraid of her.”

“Mafia boss?!” his eyes widened in shock but still kept his voice low. It was his first time hearing the words ‘mafia boss’ in his real life other than he got from some action movie.

“Um. Thus, no one dare to be close to her despite the fact that she didn’t want any of us going any closer to her. We rather ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter