Beat the Queen

Fooled Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

School was getting busy because of mid-term exam. And everyone got tensed since the rivalries in Seungri Middle School were so coercive. Though, the one who was on the top would only be her, always her, the queen of victory, Jung Eunji. Thus, everyone would always expect her to be the number one as usual.

However, unexpectedly, everyone was in gasps as the result finally came out. Someone has finally got rid of Jung Eunji’s name from the top throne! It was ‘Kim Sunggyu’ that was written on the first ranking for the whole school in senior batch. Hence, everyone started wondering who this Kim Sunggyu from the same class of Jung Eunji was and he became famous the whole school in just a day because there was no one who ever defeated Jung Eunji before.

Kim Sunggyu, the just-a-month-transferred student in class 3-A, a nerdy-looking boy with slanted eyes and thick eyeglasses. He somehow looked gullible and his presence was inconspicuous. But now he became a star as he was the only one who has ever defeated the queen of Seungri Middle School. Rumor was spread out that he was also the top student in his previous school and that he was student body chairman back then and he was transferred due to his father’s workplace transferring.

Eunji was mentally knocked down as now everyone looked at her as if he was distressing and taking her down. She eyed Kim Sunggyu in irk way as they meet each other when she has just checked the result on announcement board while he was just arrived at school innocently. She bumped his shoulder on purpose and he could only startle at her demeanor, shrugging off the reason of why she looked so angry at him.

Then someone bumped him softly for the second time. “Yah! How could you?” It was Lee Howon, his classmate who sat in front of him and being a close friend to him.

“How could—what?” he didn’t understand of why Howon grinned at him in amaze.

“How could you beat Jung Eunji in only a month? You’re unbelievable!”

Sunggyu scratched his head innocently and walked to the throngs around the announcement board to see the exam result and found his name as the first. Jung Eunji was the second, and Lee Howon was the third. He was not too surprised since he was always being the first in his previous school. But somehow everyone gazes at him made him somewhat uneasy. He was wondering of why it could be matter that much by just to be on the top ranking in school. Well, he didn’t know really much how the vibe at his new school, at Seungri Middle School, was.

“You really are amazing, dude!” Howon punched his shoulder lightly.

“It’s nothing special though. Besides, you’re the third,” he mumbled.

“Of course it is! Jung Eunji never lost her first place! And honestly, it’s my first time being the third as I have to compete with other top students from other classes. But seriously, no one ever beat Eunji as you did!”

Sunggyu blinked several times, he started to think that maybe it was the reason why she looked so irked just before.

“This is her first moment of despair. You have scratched her life, Gyu! I bet she won’t be as arrogant as before,” Howon kept mumbling and patted his shoulder while Sunggyu felt somehow guilty at her.

***

 

 

 

He approached her who was sitting alone on the edge of their school rooftop as usual. She looked away, trying to ignore him but he boldly sat beside her thus she slide some inch away from him. Well, she has already ignored him this whole day after their exam result released and only shot death glimpses to him.

“Are you angr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter