Unexpected

Rose Water

I could feel everyone’s eyes on me as the teacher called me to read on of the basic phrases. I rose from my seat, and stood up.

With the textbook in my hand I flipped to page eight.

“B-Bonjour.. Maa.. Dame?” I tried to pronounce the word accurately as I could.

“It’s Bonjour Madame,” Ayumu whispered. From the seat behind me.

I could hear the laughs and giggles from the other classmates. I sat back down in my seat, when no one seemed to be paying attention.

“Ayumu, please read the second paragraph and fill in the blanks.” Madame Frost gave her a stare, she had spotted Ayumu chatting.

“Dae - Bonjour mon nom est Ayumu.” She took a pause, and continued. “Je suis âgé de quinze ans. Je suis un étudiant à st. Aline campus. Mes hobbies sont la natation, le dessin, et l'esquisse.”

“Now, may I sit down?” she asked politely.

Before the teacher could open to start her sentence, there was an announcement.

“Can we please have all the students, into the gym for an assembly.” An unfamiliar voice declared.

All of the students in class got off their seats, and lined up behind the door. Silently the teacher lead us out, and locked the door behind us.

We quickly approached the gymnasium - we were on the first floor. We each found our seats, and sat down.

Ayumu sat next to me, but I noticed that “SHINee” was no where to be seen.

“Ayumu,” I whispered.

“Yeah?” She replied.

“Where do you think they are?” I was afraid to use their names in the public, just not to spread rumours.

She immediately knew who I was talking about. “Uhm.. over there!” She pointed towards the stage where the speakers were.

I glanced forward and saw them, all five of them on stage.

“Well, this will be interesting.” I said.

The lights dimmed out, and a projector started playing a slideshow.

I saw the principal, talking in the microphone, I wasn’t in the mood to pay any attention, so my eyes drifted off into staring at the wall.

I decided to a peak at what was going on - didn’t want to miss the WHOLE assembly.

Was that.. The boy? His amber-brown shaded hair was brushed to the side, and he wasn’t wearing our uniform - but it was him. I was sure of it.

“Anyongsaeyo, My name is Ryeowook, and I’ve transferred from the Paris Campus!” The boy said.

“R-R-Ryeowook..?!” I said out loud. Apparently too loud - loud enough for everyone to hear.

I stood up from my seat, shocked. Peoples eyes wandered towards me, and I slumped back down - embarrassed.

The assembly continued on, as if nothing happened.

“Yes, so this new student has arrived from the Paris campus. He is here temporarily to work in our ‘Salon de Aline’.” Key paused.

“Salon.. de what?” I asked Ayumu.

“Salon de Aline, our school‘s café at the back.” she whispered back.

“And he’ll be here for a month” Taemin said briefly. “He was one of the top students in Paris, so it’s an honour to have him here.”

I was dizzy. How was this possible? My first crush - the one who supposedly “disappeared” three years ago, was standing right before my eyes.

*FLASHBACK*

I had just woke up, and walked towards my balcony. I saw the tinted amber-brown haired boy as I looked down.

“Ryeowook oppa!” I called from above.

“Hee yeon,” he called, in his bitter-sweet voice. “I need to tell you something.” He didn’t seem the slightest bit content.

I walked down the stairs, and out the door, onto the front porch - and there I was facing him.

“What is--” His lips locked onto mines, he stole my first kiss - but he broke it, before it was about to be over.

He came closer. I could feel his breath trickle down my neck. “Farewell.” he said, into my ear.

I could see his shadowed figure, walking away, disappearing by the second. But I just couldn’t get my legs to move the way I wanted to.

I wanted so badly, to run up to him, follow him to where ever it would be.

But I couldn’t. I stood there. Frozen.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

Tears trickled down my eyes. And stained onto my cheeks. I sat there, in the hallways - alone.

I could hear footsteps coming from behind me.

“Hee yeon, is that you?” I heard a voice. It was Key.

I couldn’t get any words to come out of my mouth. He walked closer, and sat beside me. He took his hand and wiped away my tears.

“Don’t cry.” He said in a worried tone.

I didn’t say anything back.

“Tell me.. What’s wrong?” He asked.

Before I could open my mouth to reply, He leaned over and kissed the top of my lips.

“W-W-What was that?” I asked shocked.

“Nothing,” He said, and winked.

We looked at the door, to see that the assembly was over, the rest of SHINee walked by and came towards us.

He owes me an explanation.

“Hee yeon, I was worried! Are you alright?” Ayumu shouted.

“I’m fine, err.. Key helped calm me down.” I replied. She could see that my face was changing colors.

She gave Key a suspicious look, and he laughed. “Well we can all get to our dorms now” Ayumu said.

We waved our goodbyes, and walked to the dorms. We entered the “Girls” cabin, and walked down the hallways until we reached our room.

I took my Keys out of my pocket, and unlocked the door. We both walked inside, and Ayumu closed and locked the door.

“Now. Tell. Me. What. Happened.” She said in a suspicious, - yet excited, tone.

“Well, you remember what happened with Ryeowook?” I questioned. She should remember since I had told her three years ago the day after it happened. But knowing Ayumu, she might have forgotten.

“Yes, the boy who ran away from you after kissing you. Wow, I never expected to see him ever again, and there he was.” She sighed, “So I’m guessing now your going to chase after him?”

“No.. It’s something else. KEY KISSED ME.” I said.

“HE WHAT?!” she yelled back. “When was this?!”

“Uhmm, well basically, I ran away, and I was thinking about what happened with Ryeowook, then at that exact moment he kissed me, and then you guys came out the door.” I shrugged. I was confused as her.

“So.. Now what are you supposed to do? Choose over them? I mean they BOTH like you.” She asked.

“Well, I’m not really sure..” I admitted. “I don’t really know if Key even likes me, or if that kiss was just to make me feel better.” I sighed.

“Well.. This is going to be complicated.” She sighed.

--
We spent the rest of the night talking about Key and Ryeowook, and Ayumu ordered dinner for us. It’s now 9:30pm, and we’re both sleeping in our beds. Our roommate went out. So were alone.

I tossed and turned under my covers. Ayumu had already fallen asleep.

Is it time for me to forget about the past, and maybe fall in love with Key . . . ?
Or maybe, the past is what was important, what brought me here now. So maybe Ryeowook should be given a chance. . .

Aishh.. I’m really stuck. I thought about that to myself for a moment. I just couldn’t quite get myself to fall asleep, so I decided to get some water.

I got up from my bed and walked into the kitchen area. I was about to get a glass of water until a saw a dark figure, a shadow - maybe.

I was just about to let out a scream - until someone’s palm covered my mouth.

“It’s alright, It’s just me.” the voice said - It was Key.

“Key?!” I whispered, not wanting to wake up Ayumu.

“Yes, It’s me.” He said. He put a finger on my lips, gesturing me not to talk.

- - ( Key’s POV )

I couldn’t hold it in anymore she was just so adorable. She appealed to me the moment I had laid my eyes on her. At first I pretended and tried to act “cool and uninterested” but that didn’t seem to work out.

We were meant to be. I knew that already. I had the key to her heart.

I needed to express it to her somehow, the way I felt, - to not make it seem like something sudden. But that was hard, since I hid it well all along.

I sighed. “This is going to be hard to explain” I said.

“You still owe me an explanation on that..” she said, in a sweet voice.

“Saranghae” I said back, that explained enough - didn’t it?

I could feel the warmth spread across her cheeks, She blushed very easily. I liked that.

“Saranghae” I heard her say back, I heard hesitation in her voice.

I frowned. “What’s wrong?” I asked.

“Nothing,” she said back. It was about that guy Ryeowook wasn’t it? I already had Ayumu explain to me when I had caught up to her.

“Forget about him” my voice stiffened.

“How did you know?” She asked surprised.

I didn’t answer her question, “Please, Hee Yeon, just trust me.”

I took out a bottle - filled with pink sugar, rose sugar. I took the palm of her hand, and gently placed it into her hands.

She clutched the little fragile bottle, “Pink sand?” She questioned.

“Pink sugar, it’s Rose sugar.” I replied.

“Rose sugar. . . And rose water” she whispered.

I smiled, she would understand soon enough, that I was the one truly meant to be by her side.

That bottle of rose sugar, was made by none other than her father. I was his apprentice. And soon, she’ll be mine. Her fathers last words to me were “In order to create a sweet that everyone will love, you must learn how to love.”

Who would have known I would fall for his daughter?

________________________________________________________________________________________
Another update! as promised :)
I didn't really like chapter one >> but if you keep reading from now on it'll start to get more intresting!~
Please drop off a comment as you leave! O:
More comments+subbies=FASTERUPDATES!<3