Evaluate

The Secret Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's around 7:39 in the morning, I was on a hurry to visit Jiyong without even thinking about the time. 

After waking up this morning, I showered and rushed to Jiyong's Villa without even calling him first.
Sometimes, I make decisions without planning, so I always end up stuck in faulty situations.
Things will always begin with me being clumsy and ends with Jiyong saving me.

But the situation happening right now in Jiyong's Villa is somewhat new. My blunder was not decrease with Jiyong's presence. Yes he was there, making me feel comfortable, but knowing that he slept with a girl last night, and meeting that girl face to face today was really an unfamiliar affair.

I know Jiyong slept with girls he loved, but he ain't a kiss and tell guy and respects their privacy. He never mention names.

During that time when I was curious on Jiyong's life and half - heartedly asked about it, he told me that he did sleep with some girls, but no one - night - stands. Making love means giving love. The feeling should be mutual. He won't sleep with a girl if he's not in love with her. 

Well, I, on the other hand is an exception.  We were not in love. He save me from my carelessness that night, saving me from a depression. We kept that night as one of our treasured friendly experience.

So, I was just surprise that finally, I knew a girl whom he slept with. 

And, no, he's not shy about it. 

 

"Have you eaten your breakfast, Tae?" Jiyong asked me. 
I was sitting again at the sofa for they asked me to stay.

"Not yet, but I'm planning to grab---" 

"I'll cook for you," Kiko cut me off in Korean with her cute foreign accent.

I was not able to answer because of surprise.

"She's the best cook," Jiyong eyed her, feeling amused.

I can't decline the offer with Jiyong pushing me, too.

I settled myself on their living room, watching the couple walking together towards the kitchen. They were holding each other's waist, making a cross of their arms, their smile reaching the depths of their eyes and their eyes were looking at each other's gaze. 
Those gaze speaks of nothing but love.

For the first time in forever, Jiyong finally fell in love. It's not only an ordinary love, like what he have given the girls who passed his life. This love is true.
He was seriously in love with Mizuhara Kiko.
It as if he wants to shout to the world that he won the jackpot prize and that is his girl, Kiko.
I also felt overwhelmed seeing my best friend finally found the one he's been looking for all his life.
I can imagine him fighting his love for this girl through thick or thin, for better of for worst.
I can imagine him smiling, laughing or even crying with this girl.
I can imagine him spreading the good news of his engagement with this girl.
I can imagine him by the aisle, waiting for this girl with her veil on.
I can imagine him being a great dad with healthy and beautiful children with her.
With her, Jiyong finally found reaponsibilty, trust, loyalty, and true happiness.
Jiyong finally found his first true love.
Kiko.
I was amazed by this girl's ability to catch the difficult stance Jiyong have towards women.


The breakfast was not awkward anymore.
Kiko was really easy to be with, although she speaks small Korean, she understands us when we talk fluently.
I learned from our get - to - know talk that she started modelling at the age of 15. She started in Japan, and was then scouted by a modelling company. That's when her career boosted. She went to lots of places globally that she almost learned every languages. She grew away from her parents by the nature of her work so she become independent at a very young age. Though her face speaks of innocence and youngness, she had already experience a lot of challenges that she was able to overcome.

"Kiko is a strong woman, and never gives up on anything," she spoke full of confidence and I admire her for that.

"I only saw her cry once since the day I met her," Jiyong spoke looking at Kiko  with admiration.
Kiko also looked back at him and chuckled, both of them get lost again inside their own world of love. It is as if they were a magnet bound to be attracted towards each other.

"Ahem," I coughed. 

I really felt home around the couple.

Maybe it's true that if your best friend likes that person, you'll also like that person.

They looked surprised and was feeling ashamed for a second or two but then they laughed with me.

After washing the dishes and cleaning the table we continued our talk by the living room, chit-chatting about random things.

"Your phone's ringing,Tae," Jiyong said, handing me the purse I layed by the corner table by his side.

I excused myself and answered the phone by the kitchen.

"Hello?"

"Taengoo!" the girlish high-pitched voice of Jessica echoed to my ears.

"Yah! Stop shouting! What's up now?" I playfully acted as if I was irritated.

"Yah! Why are you so edgy? Are you on a date with your secret boyfriend again? What kind of best friend are you? I felt betrayed!" she whined.

I laughed at her childish behavior, "Seriously, what's the call for?"

"Am I not allowed to call you whenever I missed you?" I can imagine her pouting while saying these words.

I laughed again, "We've been together twenty - four - seven, and you're telling me you missed me? Jung Jessica, what's really going on?" 

She laughed on the other line and spoke, "Just want to inform you that the girls are going on a lunch date together at our fave resto bar at Gangnam and you're the only one who haven't confirmed yet. But I think you will not come because your secret boy---"

"Okay, I'll be going there, Bye!" I then hang up. 

Jessica and her childish rants sometimes takes me out of control.

I was about to go back at the living room when my phone rang again.

"Hello?

"Bye!" she abruptly drop the call.

I just shook my head gradually for my girl best friend's immature personality.

"So how's the call with your boyfriend?" Jiyong welcomed me with that teasing question.

Jiyong was sitting on the long sofa, on his lap was Kiko's laying head, his hands playfully combing her hair. Both looked up at me with teasing smiles.

"It's just Jessica," I informed them. "I think that's my alarm to go and see the girls, we're eating out for lunch." 

"So you're going?" Kiko felt sad.

 I smiled sadly at her and nodded. I also want to know more about her.

"Did you bring your car with you?" Jiyong concerned himself.

"No, I'll just take a cab," I answered him.

"No, wait. I'll just change clothes and I'll drive for you," he kissed Kiko's forehead and gently helped her to sit properly from laying on the sofa.

I waited for him while talking with Kiko at the living room. 

"How did you two meet again?" I asked.

"We met at a bar at Japan, we were introduced by our common friends," she answered verily. "Jiyong was really handsome and famous that almost all the girls at the bar flirt with him."

I laughed and told her, "So if I was there, I would be the only one who wouldn't flirt with him."

We laughed together with my sarcasm.

"How long have you been friends?" she suddenly asked me.

"Let me see..." I started recalling. "When we are around preschoolers, I think. No, actually, maybe when we were still on our mother's womb. Both our parents are close friends."

"I envy you," she bluntly told me.

I looked at her, curious.

"If I have met Jiyong a long time before, then maybe---"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter